Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 125 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 123 124 125 126 127 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:22 PM | Locked

I think the pink butterfly flannel for the back will be perfect.  You can bind it in something lighter or darker from the other colors in the quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:50 PM | Locked

Karla:

Karla, I LOVE your colorful pinwheels!  So pretty and cheerful.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:57 PM | Locked

Pat Badder:

I have pink flannel backing with butterlies, do you think it would be too over powering beings I have front outer border pink with butterflies alsdo?  Any suggestions as what to use for backing, or would it be okay to use pink flannel with butterflies.

Is the pink flannel the same as the borders or does it introduce other colors?  I think it would be okay, but I'd also like something with purple or blue pulled in from the front.  This quilt is really cute!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:21 PM | Locked

Karla:

Here are the two quilt tops I have worked on this week.  The multi-colored one is ready to load on the frame, but I'm still debating if I want to add a border to the Marine quilt.  I was thinking of adding a narrow black border (to tie in the black of the marine logo block) and then a wider border of either the red or blue (but right now I'm out of both the red and the blue).  What do you all think?

Karla, these are really pretty. Love the pinwheels!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,723
Points 66,475
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:47 PM | Locked

Karla love both of them your pinwheel quilt is so bright and cheerful.

Pat pretty in pink and your tree is looking good so far.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:38 PM | Locked

I am home but still unpacking my loot from my learning week.  Had a great time and learned lots about tension.  Huge amount of great quilts and if I can figure out how to load them off my iphone I'll post some. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:48 PM | Locked

Karla

I really like both of your quilts.  Beautiful job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:20 AM | Locked

pat, both of your quilts are cute.  the pink flannel is perfect for the back

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:23 AM | Locked

Glad you made it home safe and sound Vivian. I look forward to the pics and glad you had a productive time.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:46 AM | Locked

This is what I thought I said yesterday, but posted in the wrong place somehow ---

Reporting that I finished the two matching mats that match the bug etc table runner. Now starting  requested baby quilt for expected one, fabric scraps handed over by family members. The mismatch is going to drive my poor wife to drinking black tea and strong coffee before it is all over.

Wait til you see.

---------------------

Also I bought a bolt of muslin at JoAnn with a 60% off coupon, and thinking hard about that roll of batting.

Also all your quilts look great and very fancy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:59 AM | Locked

Thanks Karla, I'll check for the book.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:46 AM | Locked

I just wanted to let everyone know that the paisley swap is now open over in the swap group section. Even though it just opened there are only 3 spots left so get on over and sign up.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:39 AM | Locked

I AM working on a quilt today.  This is usually my grocery shopping day, but Rich called from the truck and suggested that I wait until tomorrow.  It is nasty and cold here today - snow/rain/COLD.  Am taking a break from the machine - mind must be tired - I started twisting HST and sewing together wrong and I have them piled in sewing order.  Will have this mystery blocks sewn together ready for next step on Dec 1.  Just put remainder of fabrics from this quilt - leftover yardage - into dryer so I can cut out another to set in a different pattern.  All patches are HST, 5 fabrics, set combinations, but any arrangement we desire.  I have dozens I like - I like the control we are allowed - control freek that I am.  These 2 mysteries will be lap quilts for Rich and me!!!  Done in fall colors to match our rusty colored rug.  Won't post this one here until this mystery is finished in December.

I also plan to select fabrics for Nana's Surprise later today.  Already have fabrics waiting for Bonnie Hunters new mystery.  I will be mysteried-out by the time all of these are done.  Hopefully will have both of first mystery finished by the time I have to get too far in the others.  I am also doing a 4th mystery, but that will probably be printed and held for after the first of the year.  I think I have bitten of more than I can chew! (or cut and sew).  I still have a few wheelchair quilts to finish also.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:49 AM | Locked

Karla:
but my bank account was compromised today

Karla, "tis the season!!!  My credit card was closed for fraud and we got the reissued cards Saturday.  Because of the holiday weekend, we haven't used it yet because even though I have activated the new cards, the "message" didn't seem to get out to the "other end" yet.  Couldn't use it Monday, but got an email from them today and things seem to be working now.  Have heard of so many having the same problem right now.  Thankfully we have another card for backup - only use a few times a year, but sure came in handy this past week!

Hope you can get your account straightened out without many delays.  Such an inconvenience - but our banks and card companies seem to respond quickly to unusual activity on our cards and accounts. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

Karla:
The multi-colored one is ready to load on the frame, but I'm still debating if I want to add a border to the Marine quilt.

Karla, I love both your quilts.  The pinwheel one is really colorful and happy-looking.  As for the Marine quilt, it is perfect, but I agree it does need a narrow black border to tie the black to the whole quilt.  If you have any more of the speckled print, that would make a nice additional border if you want it any larger. 

Page 125 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 123 124 125 126 127 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use