Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 124 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 122 123 124 125 126 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,120
Donna replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 1:39 PM | Locked

Yes MNnancy, the sashing will be the same fabric as the background fabric.  AT least that is the plan.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 2:24 PM | Locked

Carol,

Can't wait to see your modern quilt!  You always do such beautiful color coordination I am anxious to see your interpretation of the project.

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 2:40 PM | Locked

Yes, I have.  I've finally finished all the 448 of the HST'a for my Marine Quilt, and have all of the blocks made.  Now, it's just a matter of putting it all together.  I've only been working on this quilt for over a year.  But, I vow to get it done before Christmas so I can send it off to my great nephew before he is deployed again.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:11 PM | Locked

Karla,

i would like $135 postage paid for Electric Quilt 7.  Let me know if you are still interested.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:28 PM | Locked

nantenn:

Karla,

i would like $135 postage paid for Electric Quilt 7.  Let me know if you are still interested.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Yes I am, but my bank account was compromised today and I've had to put a hold on the account until the bank opens tomorrow and I can get everything straightened out.  I don't know if it was just my debit card that was compromised, or if the whole account.  I will let you know tomorrow when I'll be able to send you the money.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

Carol,

Can't wait to see your modern quilt!  You always do such beautiful color coordination I am anxious to see your interpretation of the project.

Max

Sorry Max, but I wasn't planning on showing it!  I dislike it that much. You really don't want to see it.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

Here are the two quilt tops I have worked on this week.  The multi-colored one is ready to load on the frame, but I'm still debating if I want to add a border to the Marine quilt.  I was thinking of adding a narrow black border (to tie in the black of the marine logo block) and then a wider border of either the red or blue (but right now I'm out of both the red and the blue).  What do you all think?

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,198
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:50 PM | Locked

Karla, both your quilts are beautiful!  Would you mind sharing the name of the pattern with the pinwheels, it's so colorful and would make a great quilt for my future GGS.  A black border weather narrow or wide, would put the finishing touch on the Marine quilt.  You've done a great job on both of them.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:05 PM | Locked

Karla,  you could mimic the patch with a tan boarder, then red, then a black binding (or just the red and black).  I'm thinking the less black around the edge, the better, just the balck outline.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 16,680
Patricia Faye replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:11 PM | Locked

Karla, you've done a wonderful job on both quilts.  I like MaggieNae's suggestion for the border & binding.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:49 PM | Locked

Marie:

Karla, both your quilts are beautiful!  Would you mind sharing the name of the pattern with the pinwheels, it's so colorful and would make a great quilt for my future GGS.  A black border weather narrow or wide, would put the finishing touch on the Marine quilt.  You've done a great job on both of them.

The pattern for the pinwheel quilt was called Pinwheel Paradise.  It came out of a book called "Jelly Roll Dreams" by Pam and Nikki Lintott.  I didn't use a jelly roll, but a coordinated set of FQ's of Moda Marbles that I had on hand.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:52 PM | Locked

beautiful quilts, karla

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:13 PM | Locked

Karla, very pretty!  I really like your pinwheels...

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:08 PM | Locked

Karla:

Here are the two quilt tops I have worked on this week.  The multi-colored one is ready to load on the frame, but I'm still debating if I want to add a border to the Marine quilt.  I was thinking of adding a narrow black border (to tie in the black of the marine logo block) and then a wider border of either the red or blue (but right now I'm out of both the red and the blue).  What do you all think?

Karla, these are so great!!!!! I love them. I wish mine looked so good.

Today, I had to run to my LQS. I am doing a BOM through my LQS and on the 11th block. Yesterday I got the fabric for my 11th block and once again, I cut the first piece wrong. I seem to be measuring better but still have problem with reading directions. So, of course, I didn't have enough fabric to cut the correct size. Anyway, I got to work on it today and got only have of the pieces cut. I probably have an ear infection so I wasn't feeling too well today. Hope I can work on more tomorrow.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440
Pat Badder replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:13 PM | Locked

Here are two projects that I have been working on. The first is a quilt for great granddaughter who is one year old. Her mother told me that she loves butterflies and bright colors. Question for you all need your help with this. I have pink flannel backing with butterlies, do you think it would be too over powering beings I have front outer border pink with butterflies alsdo?  Any suggestions as what to use for backing, or would it be okay to use pink flannel with butterflies.

Second one is a Christmas wall hanging for my Secret Sister from my Sorority Chapter. Still not completed thinking of appliqueing a few presents under the tree, and I still have to find a star for the top of the tree. Also need to find something for squares in each corner.

Pat B

• | Post Points: 80
Page 124 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 122 123 124 125 126 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use