Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 118 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

Christine, your blocks are beautiful.  Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,032
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:29 PM | Locked

Christine - very pretty quilt that you are making and the blocks you have made so far are stunning.  Is this a Christmas quilt for this year?  Asking because of the red/green fabrics.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,771
Points 67,150
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

Thea, such a fun quilt. Sorry you had to rip it  out.

Christine, nice work on your blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:42 PM | Locked

Max

Thanks for sharing this link.  Absolutely amazing quilts.  They take my breath.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:46 PM | Locked

Thea

I would be happy if I just had someone to come and sandwich my quilts.  I enjoy the quilting but I really don't like the sandwiching step....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,460
Points 176,523
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Thea, your bats look like they are following the witch, I wouldn't re-do it.  Great quilt, you did an excellent job as always.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,460
Points 176,523
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:28 AM | Locked

Christine, I love your PP2007 blocks, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

It was either a website or in Karen McTavishes book, I saw a technique for making a quilted jacket.  On the longarm.  You open up the side seams of a sweatshirt from hem to wrists and slash the front from neck to hem.  Install the backing ( or in this case the lining fabric  and whatever, if any batting) on the longarm and pin the deconstructed sweatshirt to the backing and batting and quilt as desired.  I'm sure there is more to the directions for sewing it back together but I'm not home.  Turned out so well I will be making on sooner or later.  Nancy, a good thing you mentioned the fit.  I would hate to go through the trouble of making a project and then have to give it away because of fit. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 238
Points 4,295
Christine replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:27 PM | Locked

Thea:
Christine - very pretty quilt that you are making and the blocks you have made so far are stunning.  Is this a Christmas quilt for this year?  Asking because of the red/green fabrics.

It's not supposed to be a Christmas quilt but it certainly looks like Christmas to me.  The quilt pattern has embroidered blocks with redwork flower baskets but I'm going to stitch vintage ladies instead.  The quilt is for my mom and she loves french dolls

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

I have 'sort of' been working on a quilt...it will just be a loooooong way down the line. I do hand embroidery of an evening when 'listening' to TV.  It is too hard on the hands to do it for very long, so it takes a while to complete a little piece.  I took a pic of the last three I've finished before I put them away with a few others. "Someday" they may get used in a quilt, otherwise I've had fun making them.

The black lamb is all french knots. The mare and foal are made to represent my old half Haflinger mare and her filly. The poopy is just whimsy.  Just wanted to share them with ya'll so you don't think I don't do anything but quilt and birdwatch...and sleep.  Took about five weeks to do these three.

Max

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

Vivian :
I saw a technique for making a quilted jacket. 

Vivian, that sounds like a fun way to do it. I hope you will share when you get home. Are you at your longarm class? If so, I hope you are having fun and learning lots.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:40 PM | Locked

Christine--Welcome!  Your quilt is lovely!  Love the flower baskets.

Thea--Glad you are steaming ahead with your quilting!  Spooky2 is wonderful, and now you're a year ahead on your projects...right?  Thea? Can't you work out a deal with Barbara to practice her quilting on your quilt tops? She wouldn't have to waste time making tops to practice on, and you wouldn't have to waste time quilting the ones you make.  She's doing so good now, but by the time she'd have all yours done she should be fabulous! 

Nancy--you inspired me. I bought a sweatshirt this morning while I was out for my weekly grocery run. I asked DH if I could have one of his old sweatshirts to cut up...after I revived him I told him I'd just buy my own.  We will have to see how it turns out...at least it will be warm!

Time to get back to the sewing machine. More blocks to make...Yea! Play time!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,032
Thea replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:57 PM | Locked

Max - so funny - a year ahead - so far behind is more like it - but SS#1 is almost quilted - I have worked on it for a total of 5 hours today... I think - depending on how impatient I become that right now it could be called done but... when I started quilting it I had a process in mind and if I keep with that it is 50% done...teehee... I had to quit though and am taking a long break... I did shopping today and that always wears me out... 

DDIL's birthday present is almost ready to send out with something for each member in the family and have Star baby food for another month... that old cat reminds me of the hobbits - she need 2nd breakfast and 2nd lunch... and then all she does is sleep... crazy cat.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,460
Points 176,523
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:06 PM | Locked

Wow, Max, they are beautiful!  Too intense for me even with a magnifier.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:08 PM | Locked

Max, not sure how I missed your furry friends, but they are really cute...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 118 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use