Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 116 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 114 115 116 117 118 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:43 PM | Locked

Bev, For photos you plan on uploading to forums, upload them in .png format instead of .jpg and they'll never flip on you. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:45 PM | Locked

Bev, For photos you plan on uploading to forums, upload them in .png format instead of .jpg and they'll never flip on you. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:12 PM | Locked

Thanks Christine, I will do that.    I took picture using my IPad and don't know how to change file type. I sent the picture to my email and then used my PC to chg file type and then emailed back to myself. whew, but it worked. 

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:05 PM | Locked

Bev :

Look at this cutting page. I will be bent over for hours!  

Yikes, Bev!  That would be too much for me. I'll bet it works up into something amazing, but I can see why you are setting it aside for now.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:06 PM | Locked

Gini, I thought you were going to applique flowers into your baskets, but it turned out that the large red flowers are much more attention grabbing!  Very pretty!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:10 PM | Locked

thanks nancy, yes it did turn out pretty nice.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:24 PM | Locked

I let my friend talk me into doing a sweatshirt makeover during our retreat, and it ate up a full day and half.  I ended up with colorful shirt with football shoulders.  Hers is more elegant.  The brand of sweatshirt you start with makes such a difference.  It was disheartening to deconstruct the sweatshirt and see how much twist there was to the body.  Once it was put back together, the twist was less noticeable, but you can probably see that the two front sections don't meet up perfectly because of the way it pulls.  My advice to anyone who wanted to do a shirt like this would be to start with sweatshirt fleece and construct your own to exactly fit your body measurements.

Then I made a chicken pincushion that ate up more time, but it sure is cute!  I think I'll make up a bunch of these for the church bazaar next year.

I thought I'd easily be able to complete a flannel rag quilt during this retreat, but you can see my pile of squares were set aside as we got distracted with these other projects.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:32 PM | Locked

wow, you got a lot accomplished,  football shoulders or not, the jacket is cute, and your chicken is darling.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:36 PM | Locked

MNnancy, I love your sweatshirt and that is the prettiest chicken I have ever seen!

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:42 PM | Locked

Nancy, I don't know about amazing but I will be so glad when I finish this block because everything after will seem so much easier. X'ing my fingers anyway.

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:50 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

I let my friend talk me into doing a sweatshirt makeover during our retreat, and it ate up a full day and half.  I ended up with colorful shirt with football shoulders.  Hers is more elegant.  The brand of sweatshirt you start with makes such a difference.  It was disheartening to deconstruct the sweatshirt and see how much twist there was to the body.  Once it was put back together, the twist was less noticeable, but you can probably see that the two front sections don't meet up perfectly because of the way it pulls.  My advice to anyone who wanted to do a shirt like this would be to start with sweatshirt fleece and construct your own to exactly fit your body measurements.

Then I made a chicken pincushion that ate up more time, but it sure is cute!  I think I'll make up a bunch of these for the church bazaar next year.

I thought I'd easily be able to complete a flannel rag quilt during this retreat, but you can see my pile of squares were set aside as we got distracted with these other projects.

Cute idea and the sweat shirts look great, I've often wanted to do some of the things that Nancy Zeiman (sp) does. But oh that pincushion is sooooo cute! Great Job!

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:50 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Cute idea and the sweat shirts look great, I've often wanted to do some of the things that Nancy Zeiman (sp) does. But oh that pincushion is sooooo cute! Great Job!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:20 AM | Locked

That chicken is too cute? 

Or did you make it up yourself...what is finished height and width?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:34 AM | Locked

Nancy, love your sweatshirt and your chicken is just too cute!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,549
Points 46,955
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:50 AM | Locked

Nancy, those sweatshirts are great as is the chicken.  Sounds like you had a busy busy retreat!

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 116 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 114 115 116 117 118 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use