Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 113 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:17 AM | Locked

Bonita:

Thanks Gini for the sale update. I'm not sure my purse thanks you though. LOL I ordered 16 yards of goodies.

Bonita, check this:  http://www.discountqualityquiltfabrics.com/index.html  I went to the site and got all excited but then realized I couldn't order anything :(  Probably just as well. 

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:34 AM | Locked

This is the second of planned Christmas gift table runners. This one for my daughter's small table. This one has spawned two mats to match, under construction now. Side note, successful completion of the last table runner (muslin, tea-dyed muslin) will require me to make one like it for my wife, lest she be found guilty of breaking The Tenth Commandment. It will be a pleasure.

Here is the Heather's Christmas Present runner, that Susan Winget bug fabric I got on clearance, muslin, and some stranger pebble material. I predict she will like it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:38 AM | Locked

nice work Joe.  My husband is an entomologist and I sometimes make him things with bugs in it. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,684
Points 65,890
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

Thanks Debbie, I guess I was one of the few who did add a note to my order. I don't know how the others didn't as I couldn't check out until I did. Just sent them an e-mail to confirm. thanks again for the heads up.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,667
Points 37,590
ls2116 replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

I'm finishing binding on a bom that was on my shelf for years.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:34 AM | Locked

Thanks for all thesuggrstions. Butch and Sundance does not fit the guys. Biscuit fits , just need the other ones name. 'Addie says w will know it when we see them . It is possible we go get them on we'd. They have to get neutered. Vet was out of town till tomorrow.

Nan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:54 AM | Locked

nantenn:

Thanks for all thesuggrstions. Butch and Sundance does not fit the guys. Biscuit fits , just need the other ones name. 'Addie says w will know it when we see them . It is possible we go get them on we'd. They have to get neutered. Vet was out of town till tomorrow.

Nan

Oh I just love a challenge...   How bout... Grits?  Buicuit and Grits!  or... Honey!  Nothin goes better than Bicuits and Honey!!  :)

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

I kinda like Biscuit and honey, both are same colors as they are.....Sukochi voted for biscuit and Barney 

my grandson has brokered a deal to clean my house. We moved my king size log bed downstairs. Still have flea trouble. Anyone know any tricks? Have bombed 3 times, somehow very tiny ones live and they just go everywhere . Bombs had always worked for me prior to this yr.

Nan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:46 PM | Locked

nantenn,

My Mom gets fleas occasionally and my husband has always used Demon and has good luck. Works for most everything. tHe gets it at our local One Stop Bug Shop. http://www.yelp.com/biz/one-stop-bug-shop-orlando  I imagine you can order online.  Since whatever you use doesn't kill the eggs you have to re-spray in so many days. The bomb may work the same way. You could at least give them a call and see what they recommend.

Good luck. Fleas can be hard to get rid of.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

Nan, take a shallow bowl of water then get one of those little night lights you plug it into the end of an extension cord dangle the light above the bowl about 3 inches the fleas will jump in the water and drown because they are attracted to the warmth of the light,  have done this before it works

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 3:59 PM | Locked

Leslie, we have tried it before and It worked but this time not ONE flea!!

i called serval exterminators and they each had different gimmick, one would not re-spray till after 10 days.  And the funny thing is about 85% of house is pergo floors, have carpet upstairs , and dog does not go upstairs, and doors are kept shut. And have indoor/outdoor carpet in sunroom.   I think these are some sorta special fleas. Maybe they are bionic! And nick has none at his house. Amazing.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

Fleas will jump on your clothing and you carry them into your home.   I use Advamtage, Hartz Mtn , WalMarts, etc and have successfully managed to get  rid of fleas on my dogs...VIOLA no more fleas!  

I have no carpets so they have no place to hide. I cannot handle sprays, not only are they very poison to humans and animals, but when sprayed even a day later  I cannot breathe.

Gr-rrrrr!  I detest bugs.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:25 PM | Locked

I have used Frontline plus every month as we lived in FL.. Worked there and for 3 yrs before the fleas took,over, vet said they became immune.

. He recommended a pill that kills fleas on dog inn..23 hr. and also has heart worn stuff in it. Had dogs groomed and flea treated Same day as house was bombed. It killed the fleas on Montgomery but not Sugar. We also wash them in dawn dish soap as it kills fleas instantly

and I have seen my son  and grands have fleas on them when thy go home, and they have 3 grown cats and they have no fleas!

Nan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:52 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
Oh I just love a challenge...   How bout... Grits?  Buicuit and Grits!  or... Honey!  Nothin goes better than Bicuits and Honey!!  :)

Except Gravy, Debbie-do!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:15 PM | Locked

Joe, great table runner

[Ava, Missouri

Page 113 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use