Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 111 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 109 110 111 112 113 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Ramona

So sorry to hear that your Mom is having health issues.  You will both be in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:41 PM | Locked

Thea, thank you so much. Aw, that is so sad with your Mom. It has to be very hard to be the daughter and the caregiver. I guess I'm going to find out. We never know what we might have in store for us as we age. I just hope I have the patience to do it. My nerves aren't what they used to be.  Prayer does help.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:43 PM | Locked

Nana, thank you. It's hard with my Dad having just passed away in April and now Mom with issues. Pray I can hang in there. I'm know others have had worse things to deal with and I know we'll make it through this.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:44 PM | Locked

Ramona:
Pray I can hang in there.

Done Ramona. It is hard caring for a parent but there are some wonderful rewards also - I'm so thankful for the time I got to spend with both of my parents. Hang in there and remember who is in control... (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:54 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma,

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 15
Points 585
thatoneguy replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:02 PM | Locked

ramona, im currently taking care of my grandmother. she isnt as ill as she was whne she got out of the hospital. i have to say that it isnt easy, but knowing that your family member will get the best care possible because your the one doing it is reward enough for me. ill remeber her when i pray my evening prayers today. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:04 PM | Locked

Absolutely Ramona.

I got the label sewn on grandson #2s quilt, so that is 2 completely done! Woo Hoo. I'm going to do some hand sewing on  #3 and my daughter is working on #4.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:30 PM | Locked

thatoneguy,

You are so right. You are wonderful to take care of her and it's wonderful that you are able to take care of her.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:37 PM | Locked

Just wanted to post this site while I'm thinking of it.  It's a place to buy or sale. Might find it interesting.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/sewitsforsale-free-site-t10507.html

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:32 AM | Locked

Ramona thanks for the link . Hope things work out with your mom. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:43 AM | Locked

Barbara,

Thank you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 243,812
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

Ramona:

Thea, thank you so much. Aw, that is so sad with your Mom. It has to be very hard to be the daughter and the caregiver. I guess I'm going to find out. We never know what we might have in store for us as we age. I just hope I have the patience to do it. My nerves aren't what they used to be.  Prayer does help.

Ramona - some how - some way - we find the strength to do what must be done.  So far, I have been able to find that - with great friends that have helped me more then they could ever imagine - just being there for a sounding board has helped me so much.  I am full of stress and when it got to the breaking point I had people who allowed me just to vent and get it off my chest without the worry of recrimination.  

It is hard dealing and smiling every day and acting as though it doesn't hurt at all.  But then you have that good day where it is like everything is a smile.  I think it is tougher for me as I have to deal with this stupid body of mine (and yes I hope my body can read) teehee - but I have to deal with pain every day and adding Mom to the mix was something to get used to.  

We just find a way... and years from now I will have just the good memories and to heck with anyone that remembers the bad parts...teehee... 

I get away by working on my quilts... last night I was working on #2 Sew Spooky - I am doing the blanket stitch around the appliqe bats at the moment and my cat Mishka - who in the evenings believes my sewing table to the right of my sewing machine belongs to him - laid down there and just swung his tail back and fort - closer and closer to the needle on the sewing machine and he would turn and give me this look (that if cat looks could kill I would be dead) so finally I told him - okay you can have the whole table - and he just rolled over on his back and laid himself completely out... he is so cute  - but I wasn't quite done... but was on a break for the rest of the night... have 4 to go this morning when I get to sewing... then a little more applique and then the hand embroidery and I will be ready to put #2 together... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:14 AM | Locked

Here are my first two kimekomi fabric balls I am making to sell at the local Christmas bazaar. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,760
Points 66,990
Bonita replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:18 AM | Locked

Patti, those are so pretty. How many more are making?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:26 AM | Locked

patti, cute fabric balls

gini in north idaho

Page 111 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 109 110 111 112 113 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use