Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 110 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 108 109 110 111 112 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,980
Bonita replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 9:03 PM | Locked

Vivian, that's a beautiful picture but please keep it up there. I think we would be hard pressed to find a snow blower or plow down here.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,980
Bonita replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 9:09 PM | Locked

Ramona, sorry to hear about your Mother, hope she does well. Travel safely.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 10:49 PM | Locked

I can't seem to concentrate on any one project.   I did the second machine embroirdered block for a border on a round robin quilt.  Then I start doing some hand applique on the same border.   But I also had to cut the next border for the new mystery quilt so that you will have pics to follow if you decide to join in.   I need to get back to the applique on a Christmas wallhanging.   And gee Wildflowers is in holding pattern.   The Stepping Stones quilt that I started in Leavenworth hasn't been out of the bag since coming back home.   It looks like someone went thru my sewing area and just started throwing stuff every which way.....L:OL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 10:52 PM | Locked

I did not get anything done today, but me and my daughter finished grandson #2's quilt yesterday, I just need to sew the label on and I do have it made and ready to go tomorrow. So, two down and 5 to go...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:06 PM | Locked

I got absolutely nothing done yesterday or today...maybe tomorrow will be a better day...oh wait, tomorrow I've got to clean the bedroom as they are delivering the new bed tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be able to return to sleeping in bed instead of in my recliner.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,432
Points 243,477
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:22 AM | Locked

Debbie I would use a nice weight cotton thread - cotton and only cotton... I like to run it through quilter's dream to keep it from tangling - but cotton - have I said cotton enough...teehee

I put the pieces of batting behind the dogs today but that was all I got done - thought I had some vanish water soluble thread but can't find it - so ordered some and the dog quilt will be on hold until it gets here.  

then a box of presents arrived for me to get ready for Christmas and shopping at the commissary.  And my exhaustion truly caught up with me this morning - was up getting ready for my day and decided to climb back in bed - slept for a 5 hour nap - hoping soon that this body of mine sleeps at night and sleeps through... we can hope...

Tomorrow working on #2 Sew Spooky - going to get it together and take #1 out of the window and get it basted for quilting.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:23 AM | Locked

well, i did get something done.  imagine that.   after frogging, refrogging, cursing and stomping.   i have all the pieced borders, except for 2,  attached to the quilt.  i am getting ready to cut out the applique, and by golly, i just might get this beast done on schedule.  it has turned into a candidate for nana's tent and awing group during the process.   why i even bother to buy patterns, when they never have the cutting instructions or any of the instructions right, i'll never know.   but it is mostly done and  because i had to adapt as i went, it got BIG, and ready to get bigger after the applique is done.   how is it that these projects never get any smaller as i go along? 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:53 AM | Locked

The only thing I've gotten started today is cutting the pieces for MQ7.  The instructions are up so I managed to get 8 of my FQ's cut before my neck and back began to hurt.  Maybe I'll get them finished before I get to bed, er into my recliner.  Sure hope the new mattresses help my shoulder and hip problems.  I so want to sleep in a bed again without the 75 lb. dog on my lap.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:33 AM | Locked

Vivian-- Please send some of that moisture-laden white stuff down to Kansas!! We are so dry here it is pitiful. We're in the second year of drought without any real relief in sight.  Sad to watch so many being flooded and wishing we had some of that water.

Ramona--have safe travels. Sending good thoughts to you and your Mom.

Gini--come on!  You can do it!  Sew faster!

I have bits and pieces of 5 separate projects pinned to both sides of my design board! A 6th project beside my chair for some light handwork while 'watching' TV. A 7th project cut, labeled, and stacked on the bookshelf while it waits its share of time, and a quilt and backing waiting to be sandwiched on the worktable in the basement.  And I've even entertained the thought of participating in the MQ7 project...

I've spent most of the day frogging 2 1/2 inch squares.  It was supposed to have been a quick and simple project...and it would have been if I had paid attention to what I was doing. But I didn't and I didn't catch it until 12 blocks had 1 strip wrong in each of them. Way too wrong to leave them like they were. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow. Will. Be. Better.

Time to go rearrange some big pieces of fabric and make them into small pieces of fabric.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:54 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

Gini--come on!  You can do it!  Sew faster!

geez,   i'm sewing as fast as i can.  i'm taking  most of the day off from quilting tomorrow, princess and i are going to the big town to see a movie, then stop and play with her cousins for a bit.

here's my progress, it's getting there.  

now's the slow bit, the applique.  i'm still hoping to be done this week.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,060
Points 29,080
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:46 AM | Locked

Thank you Vivian, Marie, Ginny, Bonita and Max for your well wishes and prayers. I did find out that Mom had a stroke in the vision portion of her brain. She is very, very weak right now so I'm hoping she'll get some therapy and home health assistance. They may even release her to a nursing facility for rehab.

Thank you again. Prayers are greatly appreciated.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:51 AM | Locked

ramona, i'm sorry to hear about your mom.   i hope her recovery and rehab goes well

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,060
Points 29,080
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

Gini,

Thank you very much!  She turned 88 y/o yesterday and has always been very healthy.

Your basket quilt is really coming along nicely.  Hope you get it finished by your deadline.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,432
Points 243,477
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:57 PM | Locked

Ramona - my thoughts and prayers go out to you!  88 is one year older then my Mom.  I am not sure why I am hearing so much about strokes lately - Mom had 2 last year - 1 that pre-empted the move here and one after she was here.  I am not really satisfied with the care she is receiving or has had - but not much at this point that I can do about it... just pray and try not to stress when she gets mean and weird... which has been a lot lately.  My Mom can't have an MRI so they can't pinpoint where the damage to the stroke was.  Somedays are better then others...

Today I am working on Sew Spooky #2.  I am going to get this top done today since I was so close to finished anyway...that way I figure I can have all year to get both of them quilted.  And I won't feel quite so guilty... after this not sure what I am going to do - hopefully the thread will be here quickly so I can work on Rita's and get it quilted... I have so many things I want to do... hard to decide which one I want to work on right this minute - but I am going to finish up all these WIPs before I start another project.

Gini, Your basket quilt is coming along nicely - but I am a little dense this morning - what is the applique on the border representing...I know once you tell me I will understand but for the moment - as I said dense

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:02 PM | Locked

Gini

Beautiful quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 110 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 108 109 110 111 112 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use