Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 109 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,708
Points 38,260
ls2116 replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

I'm working on bom it was the first I ever purchased .  Inever could find a setting kit for it so i'm improvising, and one block for one reason or another came out about 1 1/2' longer .  I'm trying to figure a way to just finish this quilt without shelving it.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:04 AM | Locked

I finaly, finaly took the king sized flannel quilt top and backing to guild last night and had three friends help me spray and smooth it.  These ladies have done a hundred plus quilts and they work as a practiced team  We had that quilt done in 10 minutes.  I am just going to do a stitch in the ditch and its a diagonal set so its a little awkward to do on my longarm, hence the spraying.  It will be a challenge to do on my domestic machine as its heavy and BIG.  Even doing the binding will be warm and I am thinking I should take it outside and sit on the deck. We got 2 feet of snow monday night and it is so beautiful.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

Vivan, sounds like a perfect day to me.     we're still in mid-to-upper 80's here.   I'm thinking we'll go straight from summer to winter again (skipping fall altogether)     Post pictures so I can live vicariously thru you.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 12:56 PM | Locked

this what I woke up to on tuesday.  I was to have two friends in to sew and they both cancelled.  Go figure.  I had soup made and snacks ready so we wouldn't have to stop.  I kept going and they missed a marveous day.  We live in the country but they couldn't get out of their driveways.  My husband has been plowing snow for three days with no end in sight.  He is across the highway at our local airport doing the runway with his tractor.  thank God for snow.  He'll be there for at least three days. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,708
Points 38,260
ls2116 replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:05 PM | Locked

Sure is nice to have a sew day no matter what the weather is like!  Stay warm Vivian.  I just got my bom assembled  taking a little break then I'll tackle border.  In Mi. were in 50's but it feels so much colder after getting used to the 90's

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:19 PM | Locked

Vivian :
My husband has been plowing snow for three days with no end in sight.  He is across the highway at our local airport doing the runway with his tractor.  thank God for snow.  He'll be there for at least three days. 

I love it.

I just don't seem to get much accomplished when my DH is around, when he works long hours I find lots of time to sew.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:28 PM | Locked

Wow Vivian.   Beautiful pic. but you can keep the snow.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 2:47 PM | Locked

It is actually warm(ish) not what you'd expect with all the snow.  And yes Jacky, I get so much more done when he's busy.  Not so many "where is the "insert item"  or the "can you run to town for (again insert item)"

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,017
Points 28,415
Ramona replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 3:00 PM | Locked

Vivian,

Love the picture of the snow. Wish I could have seen some before we headed back to Florida. I can go off and dream of it after looking at your picture. Thanks for sharing.

---------------------

Quilting the last three quilt I have and then starting to pack. Got a call and my Mom has had a stroke so we are heading out to Florida in the next few days. It'll take a bit to get things winterized  and make sure things are put away to keep help those with sticky fingers from temptation. Sad to have to say. 

Everyone take care and keep us in your prayers.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 3:09 PM | Locked

However you travell, do it carefully.  I'll be thinking of you and yours.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 3:51 PM | Locked

Ramona, prayers coming your way.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 4:15 PM | Locked

Vivian, It sure looks pretty, but I, for one, am not ready to face snow like that yet.  It would be nice to sit inside sipping on homemade soup and watching the snow flakes tumble down though.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 4:28 PM | Locked

Ramona,  I am sorry to hea about your Mom.  Take care in driving down there and let us know when you have arrived.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

Well, I finished quilting the king sized double flannel quilt. Very simple stitch in the ditch.  I did it on my DSM and I felt like I was having a 4 hour hot flash.  That quilt is so warm and I was holding so much of it on my lap or over my shoulder, I'm sure it will spend its total life on the bedroom floor.  But it's done and I can now finish peicing the top I was working on the day before yeasterday.  I have all the strips laid out on my cutting table in order.  Sooo, if I finish that top and get all the peices off the cutting table, I can trim the flannel and cut and sew the binding.  Then I'll have something to handsew in the evening.  Even if I have to do it on the deck,   in the snow.   then I can cut the borders and binding for the strip quilt and that will be bound next. 

See .... I have a plan.  Its a good plan.  Now I just have to hold to the plan.  

Then I can continue working on my PP UFO.  Which is what I really want to do.  I hope it snows forever,  that will keep my dear, dear husband plowing snow all winter.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:01 PM | Locked

A question for the hand quilters out there... Would you use the heavyweight quilter's cotton thread or is 40 wt Isacord ok to use?  I'll be starting the quilting on my SW Grandma's flower garden soon and this question just popped into my little brain.

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 109 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use