Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 108 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 106 107 108 109 110 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:10 PM | Locked

Gini,

You're basket quilt is wonderful. They just pop out at you and, as I said before, I love the scrappy look!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Debbie,

I guess you are doing the happy dance!! Great job on the Grandmother's Flower Garden. Hand stitching/quilting amazes me.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 736
Points 18,435
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:35 PM | Locked

Debbie, Gini, and Joe -- wonderful creations.  It's amazing to me to see so many different quilted pieces here.  I keep getting such good ideas.  Now I just have to find the time.

As for me, I'm involved in a winter block swap and a mystery quilt on another forum.  Will probably join MQ7 here, and still working on my next string pieced top.  Have just mailed the rustic cabin blocks to yet another board.  Still haven't actually quilted anything.  I really need to stop taking on piecing projects and get some actual quilts made .... tomorrow! 

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:22 PM | Locked

Gini, I love your basket quilt!! As usual you have done a fantastic job.

from TN

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 70
harlin replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 4:53 PM | Locked

yes i did

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 5:37 PM | Locked

Bev, that quilt is beautiful. I love your color choices. So cheerful. Would you tell me what pattern it is and where you got it? Or, is it a kit.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Nan, Thea has some crazy knee socks. I sent them for her birthday. I loved knee socks in my high school years, but they don't seem to stay up anymore, and ,I don't really go out when it is cold enough to wear them. I loved wearing them with wool shorts in the winter in high school. Oh, of course, with my penny loafers. Only Weegins, of Course. Shoot, Walamrt clothes do me just infe now, but, back in the day, I was Miss Fashion Plate.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:16 PM | Locked

Gini - your baskets are wonderful - very scrappy.  

Nan - I do have crazy socks and wondered how Sukochi knew to send me crazy ones - teehee - last year my GD and I started the crazy sock ritual with mismatched socks of all sorts... I remember growing up my socks had to match completely and I drove every one nuts - I kept each pair as I bought them together - now with the ones that you buy that are mismatched it has really released my crazy side... I wear any of them together now and love it.  People do look at me as though I have a couple screws loose though.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:33 PM | Locked

thanks everyone.   i got all the pieces of the borders made, now to find time to put them on.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:36 PM | Locked

Yes--I quilted a block and a half. I tried two different threads, etc . Oh yes, I checked but obviously I saw the one good part. Now the job for quilting the next few days is going backwards, ripping this all out. So I've decided to pack up the sewing stuff and start taking it to the new apartment, one floor up.

Love seeing everyone's new works. Great bunch of projects to feast the eyes on.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:21 PM | Locked

gini:

then just a itty bitty bit of applique

Love your baskets, Gini!  I especially like the variety of blacks you set them off with.  Will you be appliqueing flowers in any of the baskets?

That's a shame that Sam is still needing to make so many trips to Branson.  Aren't you glad you got back from NYC when you did?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:37 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Aren't you glad you got back from NYC when you did?

oh my, yes, all those poor people.   we walked through a lot of what you are seeing on the t.v.  the condo we stayed in was right on the river.  the kids have a friend that went to NYC last week for a wedding, and was stuck in the airport for a day before some friends found a place for her to stay.

i am not putting flowers in the baskets, there will be a large flower going up the right side, appliqued on a patchwork of offwhites.  then a couple of sides get some big HST, and one more large border after that.  this is another case of not reading the directions before i started, this is going to be huge.  not tent and awning huge, but, BIG. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:32 PM | Locked

After missing almost two weeks of QCA, I am so enjoying seeing all the beautiful work. Blocks, train wreck, table runner, basket, quilts, each one so creative.  This is what I looked at between trick or treaters visiting our house. Being in a tiny community, we don't have as many as we used to.  Most of them go to town where many activities are happening from 5 on.  So I did a baby quilt this weekend using the twister ruler for the first time.  It was fun and fairly easy.  Last night I worked on my block of the month quilt. I got all the pieces for the sashing cut and ready to sew.  Three more blocks and all my blocks will be done.  I just can't wait!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:08 PM | Locked

Gini, I'm anxious to see your finished basket quilt.  It looks great so far!

Thank you for your kind words on my GFG.  It's been fun working on it.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:09 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Gini, I'm anxious to see your finished basket quilt.  It looks great so far!

Thank you for your kind words on my GFG.  It's been fun working on it.

That 'thank you' goes out to everyone, including Gini :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 108 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 106 107 108 109 110 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use