Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 106 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:29 AM | Locked

gini:
i got all of my baskets finished,

Lovely baskets Gini.  they look familiar.  Where they flying in Leavenworth at one time?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:34 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Lovely baskets Gini.  they look familiar.  Where they flying in Leavenworth at one time?

yes,   i got the wrong box and had to work on them, i decided to finish them while they were fresh.   i got all the baskets and surrounds sewn and ready to stitch together today

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,432
Points 243,477
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 2:00 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Thea, when you get to MN, look for a house with in-floor heat.  It makes such a difference.  I also wear wool socks all winter.  If my feet are warm, I am warm.  I also love fleece vests to keep my core warm.

Nancy, thank you for that suggestion, I will put it on the list for my DDIL to add to what i want in a house when we get ready to start looking at ones up there.  That is a very good idea.  I don't wear socks much - I put them on but find that at some point I pull them off and have bare feet again - always running around like that - must have been a difficult baby as I don't do this on purpose it just seems to happen so warm floor boards would be wonderful - I have heard of heated floors and had thought about that...teehee...

Been working hard on Sew Spooky all day... I am up to the black candy cane border... I have the bats ready to go - I sewed all of those pieces together last night and fused the stars in place - so once I do the blanket stitch around the stars those borders will be ready to add and then one more border after that and 1 of my 2 Sew Spooky's will be done... I have the 2nd one in pieces still - it is all blanket stitched... last night I realized I hadn't done the hand embroidery on either so got it done on the first - tonight while I am watching TV I'll do that on the 2nd one... it is easier to do it when it is just blocks - but after that the sections will go together quickly as they have with the first... 

I guess since both didn't get done this year for Halloween - the grands have a present that will be ready for next year...teehee...

It is making me smile though - i put it up on the design wall as I finish each border piece - and it is as I said all done to the black candy cane border and it is making me smile... 

Now to rest for a while... I have been working hard this morning...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,432
Points 243,477
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 4:05 PM | Locked

After a short break - not sure how long it was but got some energy back - I got the bat borders and blanket stitched all the stars down - sewed the stars cornerstones on and sewed them onto the quilt top - one more border to go - a 2 1/2" black border with little stars in it - and the top for 1 sew spooky quilt is done... 

I was trying to get that sewn on too - have the pieces all sewn together but ran out of energy again... so taking another break and should have it sewn on and done before dinner when I will take a photo so all can see - It really does put a smile on your face...

And Gov Christy has my heart and if I lived in NJ he would have my vote if he needed it - Halloween is going to be moved to Saturday in NJ - so I am going to tell myself I have 4 more days to get this quilt quilted...teehee... 

Tomorrow I will hang it in the window - just the top - then take it down on Thursday and quilt it and have it done for Saturday... I have a goal!  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 8:59 PM | Locked

The top to my Southwestern Grandma's Flower Garden is complete!  I decided on a simple border to keep the focus in the center.  The borders were stitched by machine but the rest was all by hand.  Some day I'll figure out just how many hours it took!  I'm going to try my hand at hand quilting as well.  I'm doing a happy dance here!!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,980
Bonita replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:15 PM | Locked

Debbie-do, beautiful quilt. That's a lot of hexies, I thought at first you had appliqued the flowers on to the background but I looked closer and saw more hexies. WOW

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:44 PM | Locked

Wow, Debbie, you are ambitious!  Your SW Granda's Flower Garden is beautiful!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Donna:
do you have an acquilt to do the cutting?  I do and it reduced my cutting time to about 1/10 of the time

No, I haven't been able to justify the purchase of an accuquilt.  I can barely justify my stash.  I will say that cutting a couple hundred small batting squares made a mess of my cutting mat.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:43 PM | Locked

MNnancg, I will say that I got mine at a bargain price.  I was working at Joanns at the time and they went on sale for 55 percent off and then I got my employee discount of another 20 percent off.  So I really couldnt pass it up.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770
Patricia Faye replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:51 PM | Locked

Wonderful quilt, Debbie!  You did a great job on it.  Love the colors.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,432
Points 243,477
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:06 PM | Locked

Debbie - fantastic quilt - I am happy watching your happy dance!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:47 PM | Locked

beautiful job on your GFQ, debbie.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:51 PM | Locked

my baskets are together, yippee.  i have some of the parts cut out for round 2 and most of the parts done for round 3.  then just a itty bitty bit of applique.  whew,  i still think i can have it done this week. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:51 PM | Locked

Debbie.

Great job on your SW Flower Garden. I really like the way you used the light background to let the flowers stand out.  It will be wonderful when you have it all quilted!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:54 PM | Locked

Gini,

Your baskets look so good!  Love the dark background!

If you don't take too many breaks you should be done by the end of the week.  I'll cheer you on!

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Page 106 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use