Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 87 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 85 86 87 88 89 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 715
Points 11,640
Bev replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my current project. By current I mean the one I chose to work on at the moment. I can't believe how easy it is to start one project and then see something else I want to try. I have several things started and then put in a large zip lock bag for later and I don't even want to think about the quilt kits I have bought that are waiting. Gini, just yesterday I bought some FQ's and background fabric for the Wildflower pattern that you and the appliqué group are working on. I bought another pattern at the same time for a Christmas quilt that I can't wait to get started on.  Going on a short shop hop tomorrow with friends. Lord, please let me not buy anything but the two fat quarters that I need and ???   Now I need to go put my ironing board back up in front of my wall and get started.

Happy Quilting

from TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 774
Points 18,875
Brigit-Carol replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 10:17 AM | Locked

Bev :

Brigitte-Carol,

This is the mystery quilt from my quilt guild mtg this past week. It just uses the Arkansas Crossroads 12 1/2 inch quilt block.  I did start the MQ 6 and don't remember what it looked like. Wouldn't it be funny if it is the same layout. I am not going to look until I finish this one.

My second rustic cabin block posted above is arkansas crossroads.  Had no idea what a whole quilt looked like with that block.  I really like it. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 715
Points 11,640
Bev replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Thanks Karla,

Now I don't have to look. I just need to make sure I don't give both to the same person somewhere down the road.  Lol

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 715
Points 11,640
Bev replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 10:35 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol

I like your version of the block. I will have to try that.  Please post picture when you finish..

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,901
Points 180,503
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 10:43 AM | Locked

Bev, very nice quilt in progress.  Love the colors and design, good job!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
pocoellie replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:01 PM | Locked

Do you paper piece?  If so, there's a site that has free Harry Potter blocks, although they are 5" I believe, they can easily be enlarged, and that way you don't need "Harry Potter" fabric.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,474
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:14 PM | Locked

Hi pocoellie and welcome to QCA, nice to meet you and hope to see more of you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 9,540
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:01 PM | Locked

I did work on three quilts over the weekend.  The "big quilt is in the spare/sewing room.  There are two charity quilts I've started (for you CS).  So I got a little done on  each of them.  Would have done more, but my mother's roommate let our foster dog escape just before we got back from grocery shopping yesterday.  So three hours of searching later, we gave up and went home, only to find the police (thank you very much WCPD) brought him home.  Where had he been found? ONE BLOCK AWAY!  Did he come when called?  No.  Did we ever get a glimps of him running loose?  No.  He is home, but was I wanting to work on quilts when I got home?  No.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 20,560
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

Maggie, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog.  That sounds like a terrifying 3 hours.  Glad you found him,

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,739
gini replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:44 PM | Locked

hi pocoellie, welcome to the group.   we have a paper piecing group here and have been making the harry potter quilt together from Fandom in Stitches patterns.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,739
gini replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:46 PM | Locked

maggienae, i'm glad your puppy found you. :  )

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 3:53 PM | Locked

Not yet!  Starting to program labels on my Ellegante for my great nieces quilts.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 9,540
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:00 PM | Locked

Joni,  I just bought a tear out book of iron on labels.  I'd like to get my own.  Would you consider doing a few of a standad one for a price?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,341
Points 250,052
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:12 PM | Locked

I did work on a quilt today - have been working on quilts for several days now... that stack n whack got me going and fueled my energy levels... I have shelved it for the moment though - I needed to get some fabrics and they just came today so have to finish up what I am working on so I can get it back out...

At the moment I am sort of designing a quilt - teehee... my house sitter and pet sitter asked me last year in lieu of paying her for her services would I make her a quilt - I said sure - would be glad to what did she want... well she had this pattern of dogs - it was an raw edge applique' and rather simple - applique' the dog on a back ground fabric - sash the different blocks - put them together in a quilt... blah blah blah... I did all the dogs and they are all different size blocks - they have been done for over a year - but just could not seem to get myself to just sash them and fit them into a quilt... so the blocks just sat there...

then the other morning I woke up with a plan - I back the dog applique's with a beautiful batik that was jewel colors from greens to blues to purples - - so I decided to take 2.5" square and strip them around the blocks and put it all together with 2.5" squares and strips that are 2.5" wide - some of the blocks 2.5" just would not quite work so have been working this out and have the top section done and the middle section done - now just have the bottom section left to go - it is turning out to be a stunning quilt with the jewel batik I am working with... lots of work though figuring out how to sliver a piece here and sliver a piece there - or add a sliver here - so your eye doesn't notice that all the squares aren't 2.5"  but thinks that they are.  

I should have it completed tomorrow and then am going to see if this stain glass piece of fabric I bought while at retreat will work well to border the whole quilt top with - I haven't tried it out yet - but am hopeful - if not I have some other solid looking batiks that will work just fine.

My brain has been fried today just working on it though - pictures when I am finished...teehee

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 7:37 PM | Locked

Everyone has been so busy and turning out such pretty quilts!  Forgive me for not naming each one, but they have ALL been so nice to see. Eye candy each and every one.

I've been sewing as I can. Some days more than others, but I think that is the case with most all of us. I check in everyday, to keep up with what is going on. I don't always comment but I am keeping track of ya'll!

I finally finished the Purple quilt top today. I've been posting pics of pieces of it over the last few weeks. Hope to start trying to sandwich it tomorrow, and then on to quilting it.  Since that will take a while, I wanted to show you how the top turned out.  It was part of a Modern Mystery Quilt project by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. Their finished quilt is bigger, so I have modified the end result to make it smaller...48 X 58. I left out one row of their circles, and added a row of small squares in the middle. Instead of stacking the rectangles side by side by side, I spaced them out and strung them together with the small dark 'cording' used in all three types of shapes. Somewhere along the line the shapes started looking like beads to me, so I named the quilt "Bangles Baubles and Beads".

The coordinator at the Alzheimer's research group I donate lap quilts to contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in doing a red/white/blue lap quilt for a veteran. The research group is starting a new program early in 2013 involving Viet Nam era vets with traumatic head injuries an/or PTSD and how these things may or may not be related to Alzheimer's. I jumped at the chance, and have completed one top. I will do at least one more lap quilt with all stars. Hope you like this one.

Hope ya'll have a happy quilty time!  And for all those who are not feeling all that  great, or spending too much time with doctors, I have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Max

• | Post Points: 260
Page 87 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 85 86 87 88 89 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2018 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.