Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 80 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,480
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:03 AM | Locked

I have spent the day tracing and cutting out 225 little leaves for an applique project.   Those little buggers were a pain in my rear....LOL>    Hopefully tomorrow I will get the table runner and wallhanging sandwiched and ready to quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:29 AM | Locked

Jody--

You're going to have a beautiful quilt!  The blocks look great.

Kissimmee, FL

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 15
Points 585
thatoneguy replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:51 AM | Locked

nope, but i did go and price some batting and backing fabric for my first quilt. cant decide on what color i want to use. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:29 PM | Locked

thatoneguy:

nope, but i did go and price some batting and backing fabric for my first quilt. cant decide on what color i want to use. 

@thatoneguy - Did you really just go and price materials and fabric without buying any?  I cannot imagine getting out of my local quilt shop without making a purchase.  Cheers to your willpower.  :) 

On that note, I miss the days when my LQS used to have a scrap bin.  You could get as much fabric out of it - assorted bits and pieces - as you could fit into a ziplock sandwich bag for $3 or a quart-sized bag for $8.  I love scraps and I can stuff a lot of fabric into a sandwich baggie.  Great for a fabric pick-me-up without spending much money.  However, they moved stuff around the shop recently and they seem to have gotten rid of the scrap bin.  :'-(

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:29 PM | Locked

Joyce, thanks! I made a few more this morning. Then I got out the hockey panel and sewed a red polka dot order around it. Cut out the other border for the 2nd hockey quilt. These will be just simple little quilts for my great nephews who are the tiniest boys I've ever seen!

Then whatever the heck I did to my back 2 days ago started acting up so I had to stop. Will rest for a bit and see if I can go back and make some more blocks for my sister's quilt. I actually feel like screaming...gr-r-r-r-r.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:36 PM | Locked

I have not sewn since I got back from the Leavenworth retreat.  As usual after traveling I got sick.  Just starting to feel human today.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:47 PM | Locked

Hi All,

Have any of you made the panel quilt "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"? How did you handle the "postage stamp" border around the blocks? I'm having problems getting the spacing right. I don't know how I'm going to sew the "stamps" to the background pieces. Cutting the scallops has me scared! I don't want to mess this up, since that panel isn't available any more. Any ideas gratefully accepted!

Thanks.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:41 PM | Locked

Nana:

I have spent the day tracing and cutting out 225 little leaves for an applique project.   Those little buggers were a pain in my rear....LOL>    Hopefully tomorrow I will get the table runner and wallhanging sandwiched and ready to quilt.

That's what happens when you go around kicking people...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:44 PM | Locked

Hi and welcome to QCA thatoneguy. And, I would say that counts, you cannot make a quilt without supplies and that means shopping :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:53 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
That's what happens when you go around kicking people...

Spud, don't knock it, Nana got you going yesterday and she and Barbara got me going today.  I only have an 8 inch strip all around the backing to sew on and I'll be ready to mail it all to Barbara.  I may get the fabric cut and ready to sew on tomorrow so by the weekend I should be ready to mail it to you Barbara.  Yippee!  Thanks girls for the kick.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:11 PM | Locked

Nana:

no no no, you don't count them until you have  a few sewn on, then you count.     you're now committed and you won't put them in the garbage bin if you're committed

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:12 PM | Locked

JodyS:

You all here inspire me to try things. So I went and watched the You Tube on tube quilting and after a few mistakes finally got some right! lol My sister wants an outrageous Pink and black quilt so I grabbed some fabric and tried it. Not perfect but, hey, it was fun. I'll make a few more before I sew them together.

I did get the binding done for the cat quilt so that's ready. Then because it's such a beautiful day, sun shine and all I went outside for a while with my dogs. Now I'll rest my back for a bit and then go make some more blocks.

i love these

gini in north idaho

replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:28 PM | Locked

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

candis, this is beautiful.  is it for anyone special?

gini in north idaho

replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:34 PM | Locked

gini:

candis, this is beautiful.  is it for anyone special?

Thank you Gini, I tried to post a message with it, but did not come through. I used the strip tube method. I have a client that requested atwo quilts for their boys , they wanted an anchor on it. Their father is away at sea in Hawaii.  So I thought it looked nautical! very easy, and great design!!  Now to make another just like it, and quilt them.  Strip tubing is fun.....

Page 80 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use