Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 74 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:41 PM | Locked

Thanks Agnes   :o)  Some people just don't GET quilting and that's OK.   Their loss !

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:16 PM | Locked

Pretty mat Debbie,perfect colors for the coffee area.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:18 PM | Locked

Beautiful wall hangings, love the mural on your wall.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 940
Points 17,460
Patricia Faye replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:32 PM | Locked

I finished the top of my 2" Postage Stamp kingsize quilt this evening.  I'm going to use the solid purple for the binding too.  Now I need to decide on the backing.  I had to lay it on our bed to take the picture.   Lots of little 2" squares!   So now I have 5 quilt tops ready to quilt (FMQ). 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:58 PM | Locked

Patricia, that sure is a beautiful quilt ~~ can't help but be great when it has both scraps and purple, IMHO!  Is it a leader/ender project?  Either way, good job!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:20 PM | Locked

Thanks Bonita!

Patricia, that quilt is awesome.  A postage stamp quilt is on my list of things to do!  Thanks for sharing.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 940
Points 17,460
Patricia Faye replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:30 PM | Locked

Carol:

Patricia, that sure is a beautiful quilt ~~ can't help but be great when it has both scraps and purple, IMHO!  Is it a leader/ender project?  Either way, good job!

Thank you Carol.  I had to look up what a leader/ender project is & I guess it could be considered one.  The individual squares are 5 blocks X 5 rows.  I did sew some of the squares in chains to help me keep up with how many I had.  I have been working on this since February.

I always wanted to do a Postage Stamp Quilt, but was unsure how to start until I read more about them on an online blog.  Then I participated in 3 postage stamp block swaps & so was able to get a large variety in my blocks.  Have really enjoyed it & love the results.  I think I'm keeping this one.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,918
Points 41,020
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:52 PM | Locked

Great quilt!  I think it would be a nice one to do with all the scraps I accumulate. Definetlly  keep it!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:39 AM | Locked

Pictures please Patricia!  OOPS!  just saw picture...nice quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 7:09 AM | Locked

Beautiful quilt ,Patricia.  Iknow that I wouldn't have the patience to make a king size qilt with 2" squares.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 7:10 AM | Locked

Karla:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Karla, I went through infertility. It was terrible. My sister and sister-in-law were both pregnant and here I sat no baby. Come to find out that I had very severe endometriosis and that was the problem. FInally adopted. But, althought I love my child, I still cried for a baby from my own body. It is tough to go through. I felt like a failure as a woman

Sukochi, I had 2 first trimester and one 2nd trimester miscarriages in the 10 years before DD1 was born.  She was premature (9 weeks) and weighed in at 3 lbs.  DD2 was also premature by 3 weeks, but hit the scales at a whopping 6 lbs.  I know how she feels and I know how you felt when everyone around you was having babies.  It is devastating.  She has a 13-year old son by her first marriage, but she and her current DH so want one together.  

my sister would be in your group.  She had two ectopic pregnancy and almost died.  They told her she wouldn't be able to have kids.  It took about another six years before they finally got to adopt their son.  I felt guilty of being able to have babies at will when she so desperately wanted some and couldn't.  It took almost four months before I announced I was pregnant with DS2.  They were fortunate to have been chosen by the mom. C was seven days old when he came in their lives.  He is a wonderful young man.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:12 AM | Locked

I'm another one.  Not infertile, but pregnancy would be too hard on my body for other medical reasons.  I'm 31 and DH is 36 and we've considered fostering, adopting, hosting foreign exchange students, having a surrogate, etc. etc.  We're currently leaning towards focusing on all the positives of just being childless - which basically just amount to more time, money, freedom for ourselves.  My friends and siblings are all currently having babies lately, so it's .... different.  We try to stay positive and look at the bright side.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 8:39 AM | Locked

Patricia

I really love your postage stamp quilt.  Great use of scraps.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 9:34 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye:

I finished the top of my 2" Postage Stamp kingsize quilt this evening.  I'm going to use the solid purple for the binding too.  Now I need to decide on the backing.  I had to lay it on our bed to take the picture.   Lots of little 2" squares!   So now I have 5 quilt tops ready to quilt (FMQ). 

Patricia - beautiful quilt - I love how you pulled all those little squares together with the sashing purple - so cute.  I know how long this took you and how you went crosseyed at times making sure you didn't put the same two pieces next to each other... I did this with my 3' scraps a couple years ago when my church asked me for a donation quilt - I sewed and sewed and was pulling pieces out of a bag - sewed them in rows and then couldn't believe it when 2 of them would be the same - argh!!! I would say... You did a beautiful job and your kids and grand kids will make this one of their favorite quilts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,841
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 9:40 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye:

Patricia Beautiful quilt , Lot of work went  into this one and you can tell . just stunning. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 74 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use