Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 73 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:18 PM | Locked

Wow!  Lots of activity this morning.  I love all your work.  I have company arriving today so have been cleaning house like a wild banshee, but as soon as they leave (Tuesday) I plan on gettng this month's Craftsy BOM done, start sewing on the tube string quilts, and (finally!) beginning to quilt the 9 lap quilts I've made for the nursing home.  This will be my first attempt at actually quilting something.  But a gals gotta start somewhere, heh?

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:24 PM | Locked

Pam  that is calming - love it... nice size room too with plenty of light!

I hope to be quilting this afternoon - sometime...I am going to work - shhhh - on my SS quilt that I am making for my recipient - shhh - don't say anything but I am working hard... the girls at the retreat got a sneak peak as I was putting it together - now I have it sandwiched and ready to quilt - and no sorry it wasn't in any of the pictures...teehee...

After I get it done, I am going to start working on my 1st Stack and Whack - I have wanted to make one of these forever - had a book - now remember I said HAD...lately when I go to find a book I know I have it won't show itself.  Barbara was looking for the Whitework Quilting book by Karen McTavish- I searched my bookshelf as I knew I had it but would it show itself - no - not sure how they hide when I go book by book - but the other night after resting for a day and a half started looking for the SW book and found the Whitework book -argh - no SW book - but went on Amazon and found 3 that were packaged together and was ordering my son's b/d present a kindle fire so they overnighted the whole package to me...

So last night was looking through these 3 books and found a pattern I can't wait to delve into with this fabric...

An of course, I have like - oh my - 6 kits that are waiting for me to get too also... so I better stay out of the stores and get busy - only 1 of the kits is anywhere near easy so after making a couple tough ones will tackle it...lol

The fabric for the stack and whack - need to take a picture to show you as I think it will make a fabulous one...teehee... well back to posting APQS photos on my blog -still need to crop another group...maybe I will crop and post at the same time...teehee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,017
Points 28,430
Ramona replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:09 PM | Locked

Debbie-do,

Perfect block for the coffee room.  That's not a mistake....it's a creative deviation.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,017
Points 28,430
Ramona replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:12 PM | Locked

Debbie-do,

I now see the picture of it in the office......see it's just perfect!!! Great job!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,017
Points 28,430
Ramona replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:15 PM | Locked

Pam,

O my gosh, those grapes look to die for. Yummy!!!!  Your wall hanging is beautiful! Looks like you just hung it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,017
Points 28,430
Ramona replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:17 PM | Locked

Pam,

Your Asian wall hanging is absolutely stunning.  Certainly going to add flare to your room.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:21 PM | Locked

I am backing up through the pages - so will just say - Pam beautiful asian wall hanging...

Pam:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:26 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Debbie - do - very very cute and if you didn't say it was a mistake no one would have been the wiser - it looks awesome to me and I like the PLAN - worked great - I think the coffee maker looks very nice on it.  Very nice!  Your boss is lucky to have a worker like you willing to do this!  Good going - pat yourself on the back please from me!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:27 PM | Locked

Karla - you sound very very busy - I am very sorry for the loss your DD suffered - I know how she feels - it is a hard time for her - hopefully her DH will do something to lift her spirits - my thoughts and prayers are with you and all of yours!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

Joe:

Joe, we love pictures and I love this fabric - very cute - I can see so many things that could be made from it.  A camera for Christmas - Yes I think Santa should bring you one of your very own.  I bought - hrumph - Santa brought me a very nice camera of my very own last year - a nice upgrade that takes awesome pictures... and we all love pictures...

Keep up the good work!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,017
Points 28,430
Ramona replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:46 PM | Locked

Joe,

Love the bug and critter fabric!!  Maybe if you leave out milk and cookies you'll get that camera.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 4:04 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
the upper right dark corner... the fabric is wrong side up.

if you say so

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:34 PM | Locked

Pam, your cranes are wonderful! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:41 PM | Locked

You all are so good for me!  Thank you for the encouragement and the compliments.  Brown and rust colors were intentional for the anticipated spills.  We had a client come in today who remarked about the new Keurig but said nothing about the quilt .  LOL

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,276
Points 28,915
Agnes replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:25 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
We had a client come in today who remarked about the new Keurig but said nothing about the quilt .  LOL

Debbie--That's par for the course. When someone realizes the mat for what it is--a beautiful work of art--you'll hear the praises.I had the same thing happen when we had about ten different nurses come into our home over the course of a month. There were only two that made comments, one of whom was a quilter herself.

Pam--Your oriental hangings are indeed very nice.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 73 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use