Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 69 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:35 PM | Locked

Bonita, love your wall hanging

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 225
LeftyLou replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 7:09 PM | Locked

I finished cutting out my newest project, a table runner & placemats.  I can't wait to start actually sewing- but only with a well rested unfuzzy brain. I'm planning on giving it as a gift, so no dimwit mistakes!  Let the fun begin!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 7:11 PM | Locked

LeftyLou:
but only with a well rested unfuzzy brain

I can certainly relate to that LOL I look forward to pictures of your project.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 7:15 PM | Locked

Vivian :
I finished the blue quilt I quilted before I went to Leavenworth.

WTG Vivian. It is nice to have a nice comfy spot to sit and sew. I hope I will be able to hand sew again at some point.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 7:16 PM | Locked

Very cute pumpkin Bonita!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 8:44 PM | Locked

Bonita:

I made this wall hanging for my sister for her birthday. Just finished it today I evan made a sleeve for it. LOL Just need to attach cord to the dowel. I like how it goes from this:

to this. Thanks Debbie-Do again for the twister template. She was my Secert Santa last year.

Oh What a Riot!!  I would have never thought of that!  You are more than welcome for the template.  I'm so glad you're having fun with it!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:14 PM | Locked

Today I worked on a small lap blanket.  It is a "sensory blanket" for children with autism.   My quilters guilt is working on the project.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:29 PM | Locked

Thats a great project!  Autism affects too many children.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080
Melissa Halpain replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:03 PM | Locked

Well, I walked into my sewing room at least 10 times today. I finally cut my pieces for my block of the month. I only did just one block. I didn't sew it just cut it. Nothing else. I have a cold and am not feeling very well. I usually sew every day, but not today. I have chronic asthma and COPD and I can feel this cold going straight to my lungs. I get worn out very quickly so I hope I don't have to visit the hospital this time. I don't think I can be away from my sewing room and fabric for even a few days.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:54 AM | Locked

Agnes, I have another question for you...  after hand piecing the top and it's time to sew on borders & binding, do you bring it to the machine or do you hand piece those too?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,096
Points 24,695
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Agnes, I have another question for you...  after hand piecing the top and it's time to sew on borders & binding, do you bring it to the machine or do you hand piece those too?

Debbie--I am not a true purist. I use the machine for joining the blocks and sewing on the border. I also stitch the binding to the front by machine after I have quilted it but always hand stitch the back side of the binding.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Agnes:

Debbie-do:

Debbie--I am not a true purist. I use the machine for joining the blocks and sewing on the border. I also stitch the binding to the front by machine after I have quilted it but always hand stitch the back side of the binding.

Thanks, Agnes, that's good to know.  I don't want to commit a quilting faux pas if I machine stitch my borders and binding on (I always hand stitch the binding to the back :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Bonita:

I love your use of the Twister - that is so adorable - can I borrow your pattern???  I truly do love it and would love to make this quilt for the wall - I have so much fun with the Twister rulers... quilts - placemats - coasters - love them...

Yours is absolutely wonderful!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:

Well, I walked into my sewing room at least 10 times today. I finally cut my pieces for my block of the month. I only did just one block. I didn't sew it just cut it. Nothing else. I have a cold and am not feeling very well. I usually sew every day, but not today. I have chronic asthma and COPD and I can feel this cold going straight to my lungs. I get worn out very quickly so I hope I don't have to visit the hospital this time. I don't think I can be away from my sewing room and fabric for even a few days.

Melissa the quilt will wait - take care of yourself - sending up prayers for you.  Keep warm - refresh that humidifier/air purifier - keep your chest warm - and don't worry about the quilt block - you will get it done!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:46 AM | Locked

Thea:

Bonita:

I love your use of the Twister - that is so adorable - can I borrow your pattern???  I truly do love it and would love to make this quilt for the wall - I have so much fun with the Twister rulers... quilts - placemats - coasters - love them...

Yours is absolutely wonderful!

I agree Bonita.  Just bought a couple of Twister rulers but haven't got a chance to try them yet.  This would be a wonderful Halloween gift for my GS3 who just loves pumpkins and Halloween.

Page 69 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use