Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 61 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

Not only did I work on a quilt today, but I finished one.  I was SO glad to see that last little bit of binding done.  Here is a pic of my Harry Potter's Project of Doom quilt. DH was really nice this evening and helped me get it hung up so I could get a photo.  I guess he will get an extra cup of pudding for dessert tomorrow.

Back to the sewing room...I have a modern lap quilt I'm working on now, and the Alzheimer's research project I donate my lap quilts to has requested some red/white/blue patriotic themed quilts for a special project they are starting.  I have a design I've been wanting to try that should fit with the r/w/b, so I'd better get to work.   Ya'll have a quilty day!   Max

Max, this is awesome!  You are a master quilter!  Did you say who you were making this for?  Can we pass it around to enjoy it for a month?  I'll be the December month, if so.  : )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 11:29 AM | Locked

Oh my Max, what a wonderful quilt. You did a great, great job. I have not gotten to the complicated level of quilting yet. I'm still working on the more simple quilts. I love getting quilts done, but I forgot to take a picture of my last quilt which I think was so cute. I gave it to my cousin for a baby gift. Maybe I can get her to take a picture and send it to me. Again, I love your quilt. You are so talented.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 2:15 PM | Locked

Well I was going to embroider, but cannot figure out how to do a space so I can do her whole name on one lineany one know how to create a space???

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:17 PM | Locked

Marie:

MaxNTopeka:

Not only did I work on a quilt today, but I finished one.  I was SO glad to see that last little bit of binding done.  Here is a pic of my Harry Potter's Project of Doom quilt. DH was really nice this evening and helped me get it hung up so I could get a photo.  I guess he will get an extra cup of pudding for dessert tomorrow.

Back to the sewing room...I have a modern lap quilt I'm working on now, and the Alzheimer's research project I donate my lap quilts to has requested some red/white/blue patriotic themed quilts for a special project they are starting.  I have a design I've been wanting to try that should fit with the r/w/b, so I'd better get to work.   Ya'll have a quilty day!   Max

Max, this is awesome!  You are a master quilter!  Did you say who you were making this for?  Can we pass it around to enjoy it for a month?  I'll be the December month, if so.  : )

Max, Awesome, spectacular, extraordinary, ok I'm too tired today to think of any more words to describe the wonderful job you did on this quilt.   Bet you are ready for something simple and easy now. You are fantastic! The best!! You deserve a quilty rest. Hugs.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:23 PM | Locked

Here are my two latest projects.

• | Post Points: 155
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:31 PM | Locked

OK -- I am thoroughly and completely intimidated by Max's quilt.  When I first looked at it, I thought, how did she get it in the mantle like that?  Then I realised the "mantle" was part of the quilt (actually the top of the bookcase).  I am in awe of the realism.  I felt I could just reach out and pluck a book off the shelf.  Way to go!

Amber -  your table runner (?) is fabulous.  It must have been a real chore to get the "spokes" all going in the right direction.  But obviously well worth it as the piece is truly striking.  And since I am a fan of nine patch, I love your scrappy batik effect.  Thank you for giving me a great idea.  (You do know that imitation is the highest form of flattery, right?) 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,917
Points 124,925
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:36 PM | Locked

Amber, your quilts are drop dead gorgeous! You did a wonderful job of coordinating fabrics, especially on the Bargello. Thanks for sharing.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:37 PM | Locked

I've spend several days cutting and cutting and cutting pieces for a 1930's quilt for one of my best friends and I'm not done yet. I bet I've cut over 1,000 pieces so far. I keep running out of fabric and now it had become a disconntinued fabric since we started this project. On one fabric I need just 30 more pieces...I had even taken remnants and pieced trying to get enough. When I ordered all the fabrics initially, some of them were backordered...the main fabrics, of course. I managed to find all but one, but I found one with same colors but brighter. So if I intersperse them throughout the quilt it should look ok. I just have 120 pcs more to cut, then I can start sewing. I know I have enough of this one. It was one of the original backordered ones and I happened to find it in a shop one day and I took everything they had which was more than the pattern called for.

Meanwhile my round robin quilt came back and it is awesome. I'm taking it to the quilter Saturday. I'm so excited.. I have to pick fabric for the backing because believe it or not I don't have anything in my stash to go with it.  I'm also picking up the quilt for one of my AZ projects. I've also been working on quilting a quilt for Indy's trainer.

Yesterday I took time out to make Indy a rain coat and a winter coat. Unfortunately I'm having communicaton issues between my computer and the camera card in the printer. So it may be a while before you see any new photos.

Hope everyone is having a great quilty week. Hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,891
Points 69,150
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

Max, you should be so proud of the work you put into this gorgeous quilt. I love the quilting you did in the bookcase, the cross hatch was inspired.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,891
Points 69,150
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:48 PM | Locked

Amber, love the colors in the table topper and the Sudoku (sp) quilt is very pretty.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 5:04 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Amber, your quilts are drop dead gorgeous! You did a wonderful job of coordinating fabrics, especially on the Bargello. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 5:05 PM | Locked

Bonita:

Amber, love the colors in the table topper and the Sudoku (sp) quilt is very pretty.

Thanks!  My Sudoku I made sure that 1-9 was on the diagonal, was a chore to do.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,891
Points 69,150
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 5:56 PM | Locked

I cheated when I did mine, I found a puzzle that had the layout done for me. Just had to make sure and not get them out of order.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:35 PM | Locked

Amber did you use a pattern for the table runner?  If so, would you share the name of it.?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:57 PM | Locked

Amber

Wow! Love your table runner--the colors are wonderful!

Max

Page 61 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use