Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 52 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:00 PM | Locked

Thank you Angele.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:00 AM | Locked

Love the Sudoku quilt.  I'll take it if CS turns it down...not likely, right!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 7:55 AM | Locked

Pam , amazing job on your quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 7:56 AM | Locked

Mimi, she seemed to like the sock monkey quilt, thanks for asking

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:51 AM | Locked

thanks-it is in the mail today- hope the grieving dog-mom likes it too.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

Pam I see no reason why she won't you did a great job on it.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 50,595
Ginny replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 5:25 PM | Locked

Pam,  I thought you did a super job on that quilt.  I didn't realize at first that you had pieced all of the dog's face.  I thought it was a panel--- until I looked closer.  She will I am sure just love it.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,336
Points 414,639
gini replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:06 PM | Locked

leslie, i like your new avatar, you are a cutie.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 8:43 PM | Locked

No sewing today for me as I sent my machine to the dealer for a thorough cleaning and tune up.  I will get it back Tuesday.  In the meantime, I plan on doing some hand stitching and some cutting for some quilts...what else?  Oh yeah an I NEED to paint my bathroom...this weekend!  Tomorrow is a PD day at school. I'm kinda wishing I could take it off so I could sew or paint or clan...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,250
Points 28,335
Agnes replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:17 PM | Locked

No sewing here again. I was working around the sewing machine but didn't look at the quilt that is under the throat. I'm trying to organize the stuff I have declared excess. I have put my name in to move from a two bedroom apartment to a one bedroom. I am #1 on the list. Being in a 55 plus complex with 71 one bedroom apartments the opening could happen overnight or take months. Just depends on how soon someone has to move on to a nursing home or passes away. Not very many folks leave to seek other housing.

I can hope that I will be wanting to quilt tomorrow.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:04 PM | Locked

Yes, I did. I worked on cutting out my applique and fusing them to the fabric pieces for my bird block of the month quilt. Can't recall which online store I purchased it from though lol.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:21 AM | Locked

No quilting for me for the past week or so, just canning, canning, canning.  Finally got all of the strawberries turned into jam, all the pears peeled, cored, cut up and frozen...have made several loaves of pear bread and will probably never run out of canned pears or pear jam.  Today made plum jelly and canned plums.  Still have plums left turn into jelly and still have a crate of apples that haven't had anything done to them yet.  

But, as the grandsons do not have TaeKwonDo tomorrow, maybe I'll actually get a chance to open that package of fabric that came in the mail yesterday and decide what to make with it.  I think it was the batiks I ordered and some Civil War fabric.  I just ran it straight into the sewing room so as not to be questioned by DH as to why I needed more fabric.  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:09 AM | Locked

Too early to do anything, dogs already fed, horses watered.  Now waiting until I can call tire store to come out and change trailer tire to spare and take flat to be fixed or replaced.  Bought brand new, only been driven 2 miles from shop to store.  Not a cheap tire either. 

Then must get back tire off lawn mower and take to Barnesville tire store to order new tire.  Gonna be an expensive day.  At least I got lawn mowed before the tire gave up the ghost!  Can do drive with push mower..self propelled power mower, yet one still has to push it around.  Not complaining, just verbalizing.

Completed hemming quilts for great nieces, now to make 2 pillows and will be ready to deliver, perhaps in a week or so.  These are way overdue, but the girls only just turned 1 year, so now they can really use their quilts and ID them as their property. Must not forget to embroider names and birth dates on them also, plus love Auntie Joni

Then to get back to hemming the Turning Twenty masterpiece for my bed.  After vacuuming, dusting and need to go to laundromat to wash 2 very large quilts and bring home to hang over balcony to dry.  Oh OH, need to dust and clean railing before even thinking of washing them.

Hope to get 2 mares groomed from head to toe today...didn't get done yesterday.  In fact would love to take a short ride on Princesa.  Now they are talking chances of showers/rain scattered around, no definite area...take my chances I guess.

Also on list is cleaning sewing area in the loft...actually leaning the whole loft...my my that's a job for another day...a whole days work.  OUCH!At least I did get the pepper jelly done earlier this week.  Added a habanero to the jelly, chopped real fine, seeded and deveined.  Can't wait to taste it on a bagle with cream cheese. 

Planning on making some chow chow (hopefully this weekend, but need green tomatoes, was considering using tomatillos since green tomatoes are so very overpriced.  Anyone have any ideas on using tomatillos?  I make my chow  chow usually with bell pepper, cauliflower, corn, green beans, green tomatoes, onions, shredded cabbage, I'msure I'm missing something, will check recipes online as I can't find my canning books.  I also like to include some very small slivers of red bell pepper for a quick flash of color.

For all the lovely quits you have posted I must say I'm very impressed.  Just barely have time to read them, let alone respond.  Also to all the wonderful new members WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!

I shall be working on those pillows sometime today.  Wish me luck!

Guess I'd best find my pillow forms and start measuring the fabrics and prepare for ruffles and or sawtooth edgings.  Decisions, decisions, lol!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:18 AM | Locked

Joni:
Planning on making some chow chow (hopefully this weekend, but need green tomatoes, was considering using tomatillos since green tomatoes are so very overpriced.  Anyone have any ideas on using tomatillos?  I make my chow  chow usually with bell pepper, cauliflower, corn, green beans, green tomatoes, onions, sure I'm missing something, will check recipes online as I can't find my canning books.  I also like to include some very small slivers of red bell pepper for a quick flash of color.

Joni, you've had a busy day!  I don't think I've ever had "chow chow" but yours sounds good!  Is it basically a vegetable relish?  I would think you could use tomatillos in place of green tomatoes.  Too bad we're not closer - we have plenty of green tomatoes in MN since the growing season is now done after the first hard frost.  

I make a green salsa with tomatillos that we love over chicken enchiladas.  I've never tried canning or freezing it, but I think that would work.  When I'm back home, I can send you the recipe if you'd like it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 16,580
Brigit-Carol replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:06 AM | Locked

I've been pretty much lurking on this thread but have enjoying seeing all your creations.  I finally have one to add.  Not fancy as I'm still very much a beginner, but I am enjoying piecing quilt tops.  Next week I will finally sit down and actually quilt some.  Have watched a ton of videos and am raring to go.  And with 8 lap quilt tops all pieced, I really do need to get to the quilting part!

This is another disappearing nine patch throw quilt (60 x 60").  It is not as orange as the picture shows.  My camera gives a yellow tint to everything.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 125
Page 52 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use