Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 38 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 5:40 PM | Locked
Hi Karla! You're joking right? I mean...your quilts are beautiful, absolutely beautiful! I don't think you have anything to worry about! Your work is stunning!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 6:41 PM | Locked

Very nice, like the colors

Tamra

Tamra

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 6:51 PM | Locked

Pat, and Donna, great job on your sSeptember blocks.

Karla, I love your baby quilts.  It looks so warm and cozy. The pink and brown one makes you want to curl up u der it and dream.  I also love the yellow puppy one.  Great job on the quilting.  You have accomplished lots.  You seem to forget that you are often busy with the grands too.  And there is only 24 hours in a day, believe me, I've tried to find extras but so far...no luck.  

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 6:55 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilts, thank you for sharing

Tamra

Murphy, North Carolina

(Where the Blue Ridge Mountains meet the Appalachian Mountains)

Tamra

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 7:08 PM | Locked

Just order some fat quarters from craftys at 33% off, they are Robert Kaufman Florentine Fat Quarters (Dawn) and Robert Kaufman Florentine Fat Quarters (Jewel).  They are beautiful.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 7:27 PM | Locked

chicagosinger:
Anyone have any ideas? What kind of pattern would look good with them? One's a motif of kitties doing different household chores, puppies for each day of the week, and a large lone kitty, in which I use cross-stitching for. I don't think I'm experienced enough to design a quilt myself, so I could really use some suggestions! Anybody?

Chicago, do you own EQ? Look for frame blocks and you'll find more kinds of blocks than you ever thought of! I love to play in EQ and BlockBase just to see what I can dream up. Then I use the random recolor tool to change the colors. Sometimes the results are hideous and other times they are pretty good!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 7:39 PM | Locked

Very pretty quilts, Karla, I especially like the brown and pink one.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 7:40 PM | Locked

Maybe I will get a REAL quilt finished soon.  Our 17 yr old grandson wondered if I had a quilt that they could raffle off for his senior class.  A wheelchair sized quilt wouldn't do for that.  Since I have 2 unfinished MQ V quilts waiting in the pile, I decided to spend tomorrow piecing backs for them and trying to get them ready for quilting.  I got out backing fabric tonight.  Hope I have enough batting on hand. 

This will be a challenge for me as I have just quilted wheelchair quilts on my machine lately.  My arms are not as strong as they were 30 years ago when I quilted full-sized quilts.  This will be a little more bulk to shove around while quilting.  I am ready for the challenge.  Probably will do stitch-in-the-ditch or something geometric with the walking foot.  I guess this will keep me out of trouble this week.  Plan to do both while I am at it and let him choose which one he wants (if it isn't too late - I need time to finish them which they think can be done at a finger snap!!  He didn't say when the raffle would be.) 

Finished binding wheelchair quilt # 19 tonight and will start #20's binding when the back and feet scream for rest tomorrow.  Pictures SOON, I promise.................  I need to string a clothesline between 2 trees and hope for a sunny day.  My clothes poles rotted and fell and Rich doesn't think I need new ones.  He thinks dryers are fine.  I could never get him to hold up so many quilts while I run the camera.  He has no patience with such things.  Washed 8 more yesterday and will soon have the 20th done.  Three more are waiting to be washed.  I wash 4 at a time in my large front-loader.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 7:44 PM | Locked

Donna, I'm trying to hold out buying Robert Kaufman Florentine Fat Quarters (Dawn).  It's absolutely gorgeous and these are not my normal color choices.  I'll wait til morning and if I still feel the same way I'll order them.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 7:53 PM | Locked

Hi everyone. I'm here woth my sister, who is also a quilter. I've been trying to talk her into joining QCA. Maybe some day as she does beautiful quilting.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 8:01 PM | Locked

Karla, I just love the baby quilts you made.  I should make some myself since we have a 2 month old great-grandson what we just got to see for the first time yesterday.  At least I got to hold this one.  We talked to grandson in Germany on Skype yesterday (9:00 PM their time) and were able to see and talk to our great-grandson over there - Lincoln is now 9 months old and not at all ready to go to sleep yet.  He was crawling all over his mother, trying to kiss the computer screen and many other antics.  Rich's mom (98) was fascinated to be able to talk to all of them over there and was surprised to see the little picture in the corner that showed her on the screen!  Things like that are quite unbelievable even for us that are used to such things.  To her it was a miracle.  Our daughter from Texas is out until tomorrow afternoon.  We had a birthday party for youngest daughter's 15 yr old daughter yesterday and were able to see all our military grandsons on the same day - one on Skype and 2 at the get-together.  Three teen-age granddaughters were there, the 2 younger grandsons were "occupied" with girlfriends and the youngest granddaughter (their sister) was going somewhere with their mother.  This is as close as we have ever come to getting all children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren together.  Younger son just went back to Arizona after a week at home, so none of his family was there, but all the rest made it either in person or on Skype.  Had fun playing with the 2 older greats that were there, seeing the one on skype and holding the baby!!!  What a fun day.  The "Texan" got a picture of Rich's 98 ydr old mother, and me holding the baby.  Hope to get the picture transferred to my computer before she leaves tomorrow.  Hope she doesn't forget!!!  I will post it as soon as I can.  We all need babies to ooh and aah over and I want to do my part.  He wasn't happy, so his picture isn't what I hoped for.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 9:18 PM | Locked

I thought they were beautiful.  And since I spent all day yesterday re-organizing my sewing room, I have empty cubicles for more material.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 9:20 PM | Locked

Karla

Your quilts are so cute.  You did good.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 10:50 PM | Locked
Hi MizPat! I don't think I own EQ, but not sure what it is. Can you explain please? Sorry to sound like a complete ignoramus.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,295
Points 413,979
gini replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:52 AM | Locked

karla, you have two beautiful quilts and you are goofing off, how does that work?   when i goof off, nothing gets done.

gini in north idaho

Page 38 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use