Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 29 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,683
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:12 AM | Locked

Eileen, very nice quilt, love the quilting.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 11:36 AM | Locked

Eileen:
You should give Terri some of the fabric strips - spread the wealth (or is it work?!). Sounds like time to organize a group to help you make some of those into quilts!

Trust me, I passed off a lot of those bags to her.  She has a bonus room over the garage for storage.

I presented the twin quilt concept to the guild Tuesday afternoon.  Only 6 members picked up strips from me at the end of the meeting.  I'm hoping more of them will come to our next "Quilt-til-you-Wilt" day to help out then.

We'll be able to use these same strips for the fidget quilts next month, so maybe we'll get more takers on those since they're much smaller.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 12:20 PM | Locked

ATTN. Babylock owners....http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/017---Babylock-Sewing-Machine-Accessories-11417238.html

goodwill auction site has these up-

Large Picture

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,785
Linda replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 2:40 PM | Locked

OK for you Amish Retreaters and all the rest of you too. I finished the top...the rest will have to wait till later. This quilt is being donated to a new retreat center in AZ. They serve ministers, their spouses and military chaplins. I volunteered to make 6-12 quilts for their common areas. Dave called me and said they won't be ready for the 1st six till next fall at the earliest. So I'm not in a hurry to finish it. I'll just worry about getting the tops done first. Here's #1...

The last photo gives an idea of what the border looks like. And for further entertainment, I found a couple photos from retreat that I didn't know were on my camera.

What fun we had!!! and there are 8 openings left for June 2013. $30 deposit - great secret Santa gift maybe..Shhhh!

Hugs, Linda

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:14 PM | Locked

when is the WA quilt retreat? There are numerous wildfires out here- just heard Chelan, and Ephrata have some!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:22 PM | Locked

Pam:

when is the WA quilt retreat? There are numerous wildfires out here- just heard Chelan, and Ephrata have some!

Its in Leavenworth from 9/30 to 10/5   

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:14 PM | Locked

Maggie:

Pam:

Its in Leavenworth from 9/30 to 10/5   

DS#2 called me this morning from Leavenworth.  He was planning on hiking this week in the "Enchantments"...a mountain complex right next to Leavenworth.  It was so smoky in Leavenworth that he checked with the Ranger Station and decided to change his plans and hike in an area NW of there...on the west side of the Cascades.

Hopefully, they will get the fires between Leavenworth and Wenatchee under control before the Retreat.  However, there is little hope that they will be completely put out before snowfall...whenever that is.  I would expect a little smoke settling in overnight, but clear in the daytime.  Shouldn't be a problem for most; however, those with  respiratory issues may want to stay inside when it is smoky.

Where I live in Winthrop, we are currently under a Hazardous Weather Condition with a health advisory for people with respiratory problems.  It actually isn't too bad here...just very hazy and a slight smell of smoke in the air.  I have seen it much worse!!!  We do have fires in the lower part of the Methow Valley, but most of our smoke is coming from the Columbia Basin...near Grand Coulee Dam.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:20 PM | Locked

Donna, that is not promising at all.  Is it bad enough to force road closings?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:31 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna, that is not promising at all.  Is it bad enough to force road closings?

No, not at all - at least on the main highways.  If you try to get in the areas close to the fires, yes there are roadblocks.  That is due to more safety issues (yours and the fire-fighters), not the smoke.

I just came back here to mention that I believe the retreat facility had air-conditioning in all the rooms.  It was cool last year, so I doubt anyone used them.  Does anyone remember for sure? 

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:42 PM | Locked

I just check the Quilter's Heaven website, and there is no mention of air-conditioning...and I couldn't see any in the room pictures.  By the end of September, it shouldn't be a problem.   You probably won't even notice it unless we drive by where the fire were!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 10:38 PM | Locked

Linda, I like your finished Amish quilt. Very pretty. I like the setting with the narrow black strips.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 11:01 PM | Locked

Donna B:

I just check the Quilter's Heaven website, and there is no mention of air-conditioning...and I couldn't see any in the room pictures.  By the end of September, it shouldn't be a problem.   You probably won't even notice it unless we drive by where the fire were!

Hi Donna, I think most commercial inns/hotels/b&b's have a central heating system that also provides air conditioning.  Let's hope there's a big rain (no lightning) storm headed that way soon!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 11:07 PM | Locked

Well,  here in Willamette Valley of W Oregon, we are battling the Sister's fire(same town where the quilt show is held and home of Valorie Wells & the Stitchin' Post). The smoke coming down from the McKenzie River and passes is horrendous!  

All persons with resp. ills are suffering. My hubby has asthma and is really choked up today. It does make for gorgeous sunsets!

It was 90 degrees here too- made it worse.

I hope the fires in WA are done & rains come before you all go to retreat.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 11:24 PM | Locked

Quilter's heaven doesn't have air conditioning.  It is the oldest hotel in Leavenworth.  they do have WIFI.

It's pretty smoky here.  tomorrow I have to drive to Spokane, on a road that was closed the beginning of the week, that goes to Grand Coulee.  It will be interesting.  If I had any respiratory problems, I would postpone the trip.

We don't have any rain in the forecast yet, and the retreat is about 2 1/2 weeks away.  Hopefully the weather will change by then with a good rain.  But most of us spent most of our time inside sewing anyway. 

I see that parts of Idaho are burning up, with even bigger fires.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 6:56 AM | Locked

Eileen, your baby quilt looks so cozy, perfect to dream under.  I love your colors.

Linda, you did a beautiful job owith your Amish blocks.  Is there a picture of your finished Bargello, quilted and all in your gallery?  That is one on my bucket list too! Well I guess I'll have to live and be able to sew till I'm 105! That is if I want to finish all the quilts on my bucket list!  Lol

Angèle  from NWO

Page 29 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use