Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 28 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 8:51 PM | Locked

Carol W., congrats on your ribbons, I'm sure they were well deserved, you do excellent work.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 8:58 PM | Locked

Carol W:

Woohoo - I'm excited!!  Just returned home from the county fair and my "In The Garden" quilt received Best of Show in the hand quilted catagory!! And... I also received Best of Show on a braided table runner!  Everything else I entered received blue ribbons!  Woohoo so exciting!!!

Fantastic!  Congratulations!  Such an honor......I am jealous and happy for you

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 9:58 PM | Locked

I worked on two quilts today - finished up the binding on the bargello for a niece & quilted a simple baby quilt for a neighbor's cutie pie (baby has a dinosaur-themed room)::

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:06 PM | Locked

cute quilt Eileen, love the dino's

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:33 PM | Locked

Eileen

Love the dinosaurs.  Really cute quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:41 PM | Locked

I went into my first wed sewing day in a long long time.  I usually managed to check in when I was working but I never had the time to do a full day.  I didn't really sew anything.  I did take some placemats I have been binding for a year now and managed to get one side of one placemat sewn.  Real progress.  We only have two more wednesdays until we have to find some other place to meet.  The LQS will close at the end of the month and we will be turfed from our sewing room.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:44 PM | Locked

Nice job with those "braided" blocks on the butterfly quilt, Donna!  Your border idea sounds good.

Susie:
I did finish my first machine applique quilt that I started at the Amish retreat.  I decided to call it Traffic Jam since I got it mixed up and only one strip is going the other direction.

Isn't it the Amish who purposely put in mistakes like that?  I think it looks darling that way.  Nice job with the quilting!

I like your purple UFO, Pam.  It looks especially poofy.  Is it a high loft batting?  Snuggly!

Congratulations on all the ribbons, Carol!

Cute dino quilt, Eileen.  I can't quite see the quilting - did you sneak some dino shapes in there?

I came back from our guild meeting yesterday with 10 big bags each filled with 200 7-block strips that a gal donated.  I guess I'll be making charity quilts for the rest of my life...  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:45 PM | Locked

Into every life comes purpose.  Aren't you a lucky girl!/!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 12:43 AM | Locked

Hey everyone- NICE quilts!  Also- thanks for nice the comments on the purple & green quilt.

And I lost who asked-maybe Angele...it IS a disap. 9 patch.  I used high loft batting separated into 1/2 a layer (peeled it apart) and made it just a bit puffier than usual. I kind of like it! Not as puffy as a comforter, but about 1/2" thick.

Love the little dinosaur quilt- never met a boy that didn't love his dinos!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 4:57 AM | Locked

Love that dino quilt and so would Grandson Quinn! I'll be making him one for Christmas. Made him 2 pairs of pj's for his birthday.

I've almost made my Amish exchange block quilt. It would have been done last night, (but I was thinking about where I could find a fabric that I ran out of on another quilt) and I sewed the final border on upside down. So later this morning when I get my eyes open I will have to correct my nightmare. If I get a chance I will post it.

But I have to get packed and get my scooter ready to go. Indy goes to training school today and I haven't even packed his things yet. This weekend is the Country Living Magazine Fair in Columbus. Yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!! My cousin and I went last year and had so much fun and decided to make it an annual event. I hope I find another JP Coats thread box then I can have one for threads at each machine. Last year there were a few quilt shops too so I hope they are back. Last year I picked up twill ribbon that looked like measuring tape. It looks so cool on the pillow cushions on my rocking chair and my ladder back chair.

Guess I best get my day started so I can get up early in the morning. Indy is ready for outside and breakfast. I've been up almost all night taking care of things. Computer was down most of last evening, and Indy was being disagreeable....do 2 year old dogs have pms days??? It sure seemed like it yesterday.

Happy quilting weekend!! I hope to have a happy shopping weekend. Hugs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:17 AM | Locked

Eileen ,very adorable quilt .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:19 AM | Locked

Linda have fun at the fair.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:21 AM | Locked

I have my quilt quilted came out really nice, I sewing down the binding now and then just have some embellishments to do and I'm finished.  I think I'm gonna make the  challenge .. I'll post a photo when I get it all finished.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 7:32 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Cute dino quilt, Eileen.  I can't quite see the quilting - did you sneak some dino shapes in there?

I came back from our guild meeting yesterday with 10 big bags each filled with 200 7-block strips that a gal donated.  I guess I'll be making charity quilts for the rest of my life...  

Nancy, I just did a big stipple (looked through my books & couldn't find any dinos to use as a panto).

You should give Terri some of the fabric strips - spread the weath (or is it work?!). Sounds like time to organize a group to help you make some of those into quilts!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,616
Points 247,307
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 8:49 AM | Locked

Eileen:

I worked on two quilts today - finished up the binding on the bargello for a niece & quilted a simple baby quilt for a neighbor's cutie pie (baby has a dinosaur-themed room)::

Eileen, That Dino quilt is so cute - simple but very cute - So I guess, the basement(?) is all cleaned up and you are using your Long Arm with ease now.  And the Bargello - did you post and I missed it all finished after quilting - I know I saw it when it was still a top - I am so excited - the binding is on!  Whoo Hooo!  A happy dance for you if I could dance today...

I am truly lucky to be able to sit...lol... calling the base again today to make another doctor appointment - I doubt that they can do anything for me but when you can't get up after sitting down - something has to give.

I am working on the borders to my first Sew Spooky - I traced all the pieces for the applique onto my fusible for both quilts - and have started fusing onto the pieces for the first one... after I get it done will cut all the fabric for the 2nd one.  I am amazed that I will almost be able to make both quilts from one kit... I have so far only had to use a little of the brown for the tree applique from the 2nd kit.

I also got my blocks done for my Craftsy BOM for this month - my templates came in and I got the blocks cut - No the paper template I had printed from the ..site did not even come close to MMs templates.  They were way off - I tried on my new printer to print them - never did try on my kodak printer - not necessary to do it now that I have the templates...teehee... the templates do 3", 3.5", 4" and 4.5" so if I should ever do another block like this I will have the ability to do it...teehee....

Page 28 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use