Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 24 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:44 PM | Locked

Robin your quilt is so beautiful.  I don't know if I would have the patience to quilt it twice!  You did a wonderful job the second time around!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:46 PM | Locked

Angele it is just about 50x50 ,I'm not making it any bigger , when all is done it will just be a wall hanging. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:46 PM | Locked

MaggieNae, your quilt tops are beautiful . You have been so busy!  Wow 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,201
Points 239,087
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:46 PM | Locked

Barbara - we are hoping and praying that you WIN - you deserve it my friend.

I did work on my Sew Spooky quilt tonight - ah but the stupid arthritis is putting a cramp in everything I do today... argh!!!

I did get through all my PMs and answered everyone on the SS too - amazing - fingers are so mad at me...lol... I got 2 more people today!!!  yippeee!!!

So much fun... now to print out my list of participants - add 2 more #s to my bowls - check to see who I am missing - I don't think anyone is missing but a couple - and we are off and running... 

I get so excited...lol

My fingers and toes are crossed for you on Saturday - maybe that is why they are mad at me...teehee

Your quilt is adorable though and amazing to me that you are a relatively new quilter...You are jumping into this with both feet and flying away!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Thea,I'm so gald you  found your software and will be taking the class with us. I am looking foward to it ,   I also found those socks you were taking about earlier, got me and Paul some . so I'll let you know how they work.  Darn I wish you lived closer I have so many thing we could do , together.  I have all kinds of shops to go visit next week  to ask for donations for the quilt show , and we could just have fun at the same time ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:01 PM | Locked

Barbara, the red border you picked really sets everything.  It is perfect. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope you will win.  Anyway, you have my vote!  Love the bees!

And yes I did quilt this weekend and today. I just finished putting the borders on the quilt I'm making for Chicago's charity. I hope she likes it!  It feels so gooood together back in the sewing mode.  I loved my summer, but I missed my sewing.  Somehow, I need to get more hours I. A day or learn to function on way less sleep! Right now I don't think the students would be too impressed if I came to school half asleep.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:02 PM | Locked

rshatto:

Here is one I did about 3 years ago. I quilted it on my machine, in sections. It is my favorite.

I love the combinations of browns and creams in your quilt, Robin.  Beautiful!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:14 PM | Locked

Carol:

Barbara, the red sets it off perfectly~ Remember what that lady said (Freddie?) RED is a neutral!  Great looking quilt!

I heartily agree...the red sets it off and I, too, think that red can be a neutral.  I plan on using a lot more of it in my quilts.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:32 PM | Locked

I had very good intentions to sew all day long and had a really good start at it before DH got out of bed and decided today was a good day to steam clean the carpets.  My carpet is shot and steam cleaning doesn't do it a bit of good, but DH hasn't decided it we should recarpet or put in manufactured flooring like Pergo.  I would like to carpet the bedrooms (I think) and put the manufactured flooring in all other rooms.  I would tile the bathrooms but this is a manufactured (mobile) home and they tell me that tile won't work here because of the weight and the shifting problem.  They say we have to use a "floating" floor, so I guess tile is out of the question.

Anyway, the steam cleaner broke down about half way through the job, so I was able to get the baby quilt done except for the borders.  I now have 3 baby quilts read to load on the machine and quilt, when I get around to that no one knows.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:53 PM | Locked

This pattern is called "Autumn Braid".  But I changed all the colors and went with butterfly s,  so I call it "Spring Braid".  I love how it turned out.  Of course I am wondering if I should had another border,  maybe a narrow one of the purple around the braids,  what do yall thinK???

I started on the Craftsy BOM for september.  It is curved pieces and I have never done them before, but it is going pretty smoothly.  Hope to have the 2 blocks finished tomorrow after work  Will post pics then.  But now it is off to bed, have to be up at 4 am to go to work.  I am a cook.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,495
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 6:33 AM | Locked

Donna

Pretty quilt.  I have some of the butterfly fabrics.  I used them in a quilt for a little girl at church.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 8:54 AM | Locked

Donna very pretty quilt ,Love the fabric.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 9:40 AM | Locked

Donna--I love the quilt!  It's very pretty.  I want to try a braid at some point.  Maybe when I get done with my assignments, although that day may never come...lol!

I'm not working on quilts too much.  I did start on the border for Charmaine's quilt for the RR.  I can't say any more than it's a LOT of little pieces!  But I'm learning how to do a couple new blocks, so it's been fun as well.

I did finish my first machine applique quilt that I started at the Amish retreat.  I decided to call it Traffic Jam since I got it mixed up and only one strip is going the other direction.  I passed it along to my sister for her new baby, and they loved it.  Daddy went to take a nap with the baby, and took the quilt with him to cover him up.  It's really fun to see the reactions of people you make quilts for.  Even after I told them that it was my first attempt, and not all the stitches were the best, they still loved it!  Anyway...here it is:

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,644
Points 65,420
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

Pretty braid quilt Donna. Love the butterflys, I have someof them in FQs I don't know why I'm saving them. I can't use them for a quilt for the DGKs, the older one had a bad dream about butterflys and now she's afraid of them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,644
Points 65,420
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 11:17 AM | Locked

Susie, that's a real cute quilt. No wonder they loved it. I love the traffic lights on the border.

Page 24 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use