Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 14 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 2,015
Denise (denilyn) replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 6:33 PM | Locked
My sister-in-law worked on the cutest quilt today...Owl quilt....she is new to quilting and a bit shy. I signed her up for QCA as a birthday present...I am trying to get her to upload a picture....and she is also from Vinton, Nana. :-) It is really a cute quilt and she did a great job on it. I will keep working on her.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 21,170
Carol W replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 6:56 PM | Locked

Just catching up on posts - wow the quilts that have been posted the last two days are wonderful - great work everyone!  So inspiring. 

I finally finished two quilts that I have been working on for awhile.  One is from the 2011 Fall Fabric Swap.  It is a sampler and finished at 100" x 116" and is the first quilt that I made for my bed.  After 30 years of quilting I felt like it was time to make one for me!  The other one I started as a BOM in May of 2005 and is hand quilted.  Will post a picture in the gallery when I can get some taken.

Keep up the great work and keep posting those pictures, I love to see what everyone is doing!

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:25 PM | Locked

I'm having a hard time getting and staying on this site tonight so going to just say how beautiful everyones quilts are before I get kicked off. Very impressive work on them all. Cute tote also.

I do wish they would fix this problem with  QCA.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:49 PM | Locked

I started another baby quilt...hopefully the last one for a few months as I really want to finish some of my other projects.  Yesterday I spent my day canning peaches and baking pear bread.  I've run out of room to put everything, so today I just decided to sew.  Weather is still too hot to work outside (gives me a little bit of quilting time) at 95 degrees...hurry up autumn.

Everyone's quilts are just beautiful.  Hope I can finish these baby quilts so I can at least post of photo or two, I'm feeling like I'm not ever going to get anything done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:21 PM | Locked

this is a quilt I"m doing for a quilt Challenge  at my LQS, I am going to have to go back and redo the green border as I didn't realize it made a pattern and I have at least one more border to add, but not sure what yet. I'm also going to more bees scattered over the pattern. this is just a ruff set up . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:23 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilt, as always, Barbara.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:24 PM | Locked

thanks karla,  I forgot to mention that ther were certain fabrics I had to use in this , so far they are all in the bigger border the pinks and  white,  these were fabrics they gave us and we could do as we pleased we just had to use them. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,577
Points 246,572
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:26 PM | Locked

Great start Barbara - yep that green does make a pattern - same as the pink but the pink looks like you meant it to go that way... your bees are cute... are you doing blanket stitch around the applique - that would set it off beautifully.

I got 2 block one almost done for my Sew Spooky... I got the applique fused down - now to do that satin stitch on them - that will be tomorrow though as my back said NO NO NO More tonight...teehee... eyes are getting tired anyway  - accomplished so much today - feel very satisfied...  and I made dinner - did the floor in the kitchen and one load of laundry...

no pool or hot tub today - bad mamajama weather outside - Kelli should have gotten some good rain - we got a little - mostly high winds here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:32 PM | Locked

Thea thank s ,Yes I used a blanket stitch around all the applique,  I still need to do some embellishments on the bees and flowers.  I'm going to add more bees thought they were easy to make.  Yeah I really messed up that green border ,I didn't realize when I was putting it together it made a pattern, so I gotta fix that, gonna have to do some rippin' but that okay, it was the first time i'd made that sotra block and my ignorance came thru  ,guess that's how we learn,

Yeah we had some rain go thru this afternoon and my poor old knees were feeling it , but now its really nice ,cool got the windows open and the air turned off, suppose to be nice for the next several days , Hope yours discomfort  eases up some

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:46 PM | Locked

Thea:

Thea, you must have been working on this quilt in order to get yourself mentally prepared for winters in Minnesota when you move!  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:52 PM | Locked

Denise

You will have to get her to get in touch with me.  If she still lives here I would love to meet her.  You could PM me info if you like.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:54 PM | Locked

Barbara

Really cute quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:57 PM | Locked

Barbara,

I like the green border, I think it looks really cute.  Maybe I'm not seeing what everyone else is.  I like it

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:58 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 11:00 PM | Locked

Thanks Annie, it is the same pattern as the pink , I just didn't realize it need to follow a pattern, it won't take me long to fix it once I get it ripped out. that will give me time to think about what I wan tto do for the next one.  only has to be 40 x60 so I'm getting close, 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 14 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use