Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 9 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:41 PM | Locked

I just figured out that randy made your bed.  It is wonderful and your quilt highlights it beautifully

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:44 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, I see you made a should tote,  I make maybe totes,  maybe they'll hold up and maybe they won't.   : ).       Seriously, I love the materials you used in your tote.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:42 AM | Locked

gini:
I just figured out that randy made your bed.

Yes, he did.  The picture I uploaded to Show & Tell taken from another angle shows the bed better - headboard and footboard.  He also just finished a bookcase and computer desk for the bedroom and now is working on a new taller base for my HQ16.  He's on a roll!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:33 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
headboard and footboard.  He also just finished a bookcase and computer desk for the bedroom and now is working on a new taller base for my HQ16.  He's on a roll!

Boy Nancy, hope you realize how lucky you are with all these talents Randy has and, to boot , he has great legs!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:33 PM | Locked

I couldn't figure out what the fuss was about.  So?? Randy made the bed?  My DH makes the bed every time he gets up last.  Then I went back and looked at the photo and read your post.  Randy MADE the bed.  My DH can't do that.  Both are great and a quilt in less that 6 months is a treasure.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:44 PM | Locked

Cute, Vivian!  I shared your comments with Randy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Oh Nan!  That is gorgeous!  And your husband did a fantastic job on the bed frame!  My dad is a carpenter and his mom (and now I) quilt, so I can appreciate both aspects of hand made in this photo!  What is the name of that quilt style??  I ADORE IT!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 10:11 PM | Locked

Congratulations Nancy on completing your quilt.  I see that it is already kitty approved ;-). I love your blocks it looks great.

Barbara, your block is very nice too.  I 

I haven't been on the site since Sunday so there is so much to catch up un   I am so happy I managed to complete my August and September Craftsy blocks of the month.  I think this will be a very nice quilt when completed.  I also managed to begin Chicago'scharity quilt on Tuesday.  I hope to finish the top this weekend and quilt it next week.  

Since I began work last week after the summer, I feel so tired that I have a hard time doing all the canning, baking done.  There is very little tie left to sew.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 10:16 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, your tote is SO cute. I love the colors.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 6:35 AM | Locked

Thank you Angele.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 6:58 AM | Locked

Oh that is one gorgeous quilt and as for that beautiful bed, what an awesome pair you make! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,070
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

I finished the top from the Fall charm square swap. Thanks to whoever posted the Entwined Border, it was perfect for this quilt. EQ7 helped me fit it to my quilt and to figure out the corner blocks. I hope to quilt it later this month but it will take me awhile as this thing is 95 x 95.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 200
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 6:48 PM | Locked

Judy that is stunning!!!

Was that entwined border difficult? 

I did the ribbon on DD's quilt and was easy- found that entwined one and am putting it on my next quilt's border. seemed like it was pretty straightforward.....but in your quilt it sure looks complicated! Gorgeous!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 241,992
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:00 PM | Locked

Judy - very pretty - love the card trick block you used - and the elongated star - perfect - is this a pattern of your own?

I finished all the hand embroidery on my Snowmen A-Z - searched my sewing room fabric stash and found what I hope will be the perfect fabrics for the 2 borders - I will start cutting that fabric tonight and maybe sew them on - depends on how long the pain meds keep me moving tonight... plus there is another football game on - but once I get these borders on and sew together the border for Rainbow - and sew it on I can start Sew Spooky - so am so close to having fun!!!  lol - although these quilts were fun and I am sticking to my rules and finishing them up before I start a new project - I have the project ready for after Sew Spooky too...lol  I will be moving right along...

Again Judy  - very very nice!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,070
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:00 PM | Locked

Pam:

Judy that is stunning!!!

Was that entwined border difficult?  

Thanks Pam, it wasn't difficult. Just 2-1/2" blocks for the solid pieces, and I cut 2-7/8" blocks to make the 2-1/2" HST blocks. I did use EQ7 to draw the blocks and figure the coloring placement, which helped me wrap my brain around it. I had to have the printed pattern in front of me to be sure I was getting the right block in the right sequence.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 9 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use