Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 5 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,465
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:01 AM | Locked

Barbara,

I would love to take the credit for the table runner but it's Donna's project.  She did do a wonderful job on it and I too love her colors.

I have gotten the names messed up too and had to laugh at myself a few  times times. :-) LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,465
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:11 AM | Locked

Lots of you may already know of this site but thought I'd mention it. I just came across their patterns at a fabric/Viking store yesterday. Had to have this pattern. It combines embroidery and quilting. The site is http://www.lunchboxquilts.com/shop/#embroidery-applique-quilts and they certainly have some wonderful quilt/embroidery patterns. I purchased the Halloween Fun one and can't wait to get to it but it will be a little while.  I'm going to purchase the Christmas one next.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:44 AM | Locked

thanks Ramona ,and I'm really sorry Donna, I really do like it and the colors are fabulous .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Renee:
Exactly where did you find the "Fabric For LIfe" contest for 2012.

This year, it's a pop-up ad on QCA, but I have to say, it is not popping up everyday.  I'll bet most of us have the "pop-up blocker" turned on within our browsers.  Now that I have the address, I've bookmarked it so I can find it easily each day.

http://ck.upickem.net/engine/YourSubmission.aspx?contestid=65982&srid=23524775

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:09 AM | Locked
Thanks MNancy.Although I got an e-mail about the contest, there was no way to enter from the link they sent me. I'm curious did anyone else get an e-mail, then have the same problem I did? Hope I'm not just clueless or something!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:45 AM | Locked

I did not get an email.  Hmmm....  The contest was already a month along before I got that pop-up and started entering.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

So happy to see a new thread here.  I haven't been on since last Monday night.  I tried to post then and gave up.  Couldn't even read from page to  page.  Just tried again today and saw #5 was locked, so was able to catch up.  Because everyone wasn't trying to post, the pages worked. 

Since I thought it was hopeless to read posts, I have not been on here since Monday.  Gave me more time to quilt.  I did have one day without having to get tires fixed, machinery parts, groceries, etc.  I have finished several of the small wheelchair quilts and have 3 more ready for binding.  I also got another one pinned for quilting tonight.  Thursday and yesterday I was able to finish binding two more while riding in the truck all day both days. Now have 17 completely done with 10 more fast approaching the finish line.  Will take pictures soon since I canpost to new threads now.

Need to go to bed.  It is past my bedtime (isn't old age fun??!!).  Hope to get to more quilts tomorrow.  Have a fun weekend, everyone.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:49 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
Since I thought it was hopeless to read posts, ...gave me more time to quilt.

I think a lot of people were in the same boat.  Notice how few posts there have been today? 

I finished quilting the queen-size quilt for my new bed, and this evening I cut, joined, and pressed the binding strips, so tomorrow after church maybe I can get that sewn on and be done!  Pictures soon...

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 325
wendymarie37 replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 9:04 PM | Locked

I worked on four UFOs in various stages of undone. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 10:07 PM | Locked

Finally finishing DD's quilt....have binding sewn to backside edges now to sit down and sew to the front! Sorry for the 'wavy' appearance- just can't seem to pin it to the board without it falling while I do it!

Glad to have the new thread- haven't heard a thing from the site for days! Was wondering what was happening.

Any of you going to be at the NW Quilt Expo Portland OR Sept. 20-22? http://www.nwquiltingexpo.com/index.html

I'd love to meet any who are attending!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 10:18 PM | Locked

Ooops forgot- they posted a nice video to entice any who are hestitant about attending...heehee  

http://vimeo.com/43556740

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:34 AM | Locked

Wendy Marie'

I love your projects.  The pumpkins are precious.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:35 AM | Locked

Pam

The quilt turned out beautifully.  I love this pattern.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:06 AM | Locked

Thanks Nana- I have done this pattern twice now and am definitely going to do it agagin- maybe in rainbow colors on black!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,940
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:49 AM | Locked

Pam, the colors are stunning in your quilt.  If I remember correctly, your daughter is'nt a fan of green, but there is no way she won't like the beautiful ribbon edge that it makes.  Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use