Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 423 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 420 421 422 423 424 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:51 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Frances, from Top Gear I see y'all say a "boot" for a trunk.  And a spanner (thanks,John Lennon) for a wrench. Do you remember that book, John wrote, called "A Spanner In The Works"?

The "hood" is the "Bonnett" We also say "dickey" for the trunk/boot.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:53 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

gini:
i'm going to try your beet root cake, it sounds yummy.

Oh, good, please send the equivalent measures to those of us too lazy to utilize our rusty math skills.

Don't most kitchen scales have grams and ounces and measuring cups ml and ounces? The ones I have have both.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:03 PM | Locked

Good for you Frances!  I wish you the best of luck finding the job you want, part time and less stress.  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:28 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Let's just stay away from the second defination of Sultane.

I am just worried that C.C.'s stiff DH will come beat his last nname out of me.!!!!

Good Grief, Sukochi, What kind of weirdo do you think I married!!??  I assure you he's a perfect gentleman.  And as for the last name...If you read back you will see that i only mentioned my maiden name. My name now is considerably longer and harder to pronounce.  LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

weezee56:
Your maiden name was either snow or work.

Weezee you are a regular Sherlock Holmes! Work it was. 

Oh and Welcome to the group.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:41 PM | Locked

I decided to keep my maiden name even though it is longer and more complicated to say than my DH's name.  But I liked mine more than his so I kept it...

today I went snowshoeing with DH and our dog Koffy. He made sure the trail was packed before he came through...lol. So now I need to get going on quilting my quilt and figure out what I'm going to make for our quilting night Tuesday. It's my turn to cook.

To all of you thanks for the great laughs.  I so needed this as many others.  The perfect end to my weekend.  Right now the wind is very strong and blowing every bit of s%#^w that fell earlier.  I kinda wish it would snow more....maybe a snow day for tomorrow.  Oh yes and next Monday the 18th will be family day. A day off at school.  Maybe this will be my quilting day....all day.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Kris:
Don't most kitchen scales have grams and ounces

Kitchen scales?  I do a lot of cooking, but I don't have a kitchen scale.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 8:51 PM | Locked

Angele:
Oh yes and next Monday the 18th will be family day. A day off at school.

Family Day!  I like that concept.  Is it a Canadian holiday?

We received 8 inches of snow today, so I think we'll be wearing snowshoes on the dog walk in the woods tomorrow.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,659
Points 37,415
ls2116 replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:10 PM | Locked

Had a spectacular day today feeling much better DH and I overlooked are run to hospital.  Day started 50 outside that was great warming up.  I moved furniture, cleaned, cooked, and sewed more on quilt,  then to boot I tranferred what seemed like a million precious moment figurines to my newest curio cabinet from a entertainment wall unit love it but since we got flatscreen that wouldn't fit.  It has been sitting in the middle of rooms taking up my much needed space.  Just waiting for warmer weather so we can move it to garage .  DH thinks will be able to sell it in garage sale whats your oppinion do you think theres a chance of me finding someone that could use it.  

I talked with SIL who said FIL was more alert today  The last time I went tension was high with everyone because the situation appeared worse than it already was come to find out the hospital gave FIL something for all the pain Dilantin... Dilaudin  I'm not sure what it was but it started with a D and they said they gave him a small dose for man his size  I"ll be kind and say hefty well it definitely renderred him unconcous even though he had one eye open well it had us jittery.  Now we have to wait to find out if he will be able to eat regular food  or have to get a tube for that.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,021
Points 15,585
weezee56 replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:19 PM | Locked

That was my next guess.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,021
Points 15,585
weezee56 replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:34 PM | Locked

Before I retired, and I live in MIchigan, the winter wonderland. We always called snow and work the nasty four letter words. I grew up with the last name of West, and boy didn't I get teased. I was the wicked witch of the West (thank you Wizard of Oz) . But I didn't get mad at the boy that called me that, I got even, which is much better. Thank you for the welcome. I love reading everyones posts. You ladies are like the friends next door, no matter where you all live.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

Well, weezee, my maiden name is West, too!  We should compare family trees!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:48 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Kris:
Don't most kitchen scales have grams and ounces

Kitchen scales?  I do a lot of cooking, but I don't have a kitchen scale.

We didn't either until DH started making no-knead bread.  You need a scale to measure the flour accurately for breadmaking.

I'm actually using it a lot right now for portion control on my New Year healthy eating plan.  It really helps with measuring how many ounces are in a serving.

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:57 PM | Locked

gini:
heh,  somwthing,  sounds like i'm in the bubbly already, without an excuse.   let me think.    it's daytime. there's a good excuse.   i'm off to find some bubbly

Gini, the excuse I use is "it's 5pm somewhere in the world" so go for it and have a glass or two or three, whatever the time of day it is! Enjoy

Clare

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:54 PM | Locked

gini:

is the beet cooked or raw

Gini, its raw and i had very pink hands.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 423 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 420 421 422 423 424 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use