Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 413 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 411 412 413 414 415 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,467
Points 49,925
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:05 AM | Locked

Oh Kris,  I am so, so sorry that you have to go thru this blizzard.  The s**w that we got (6 inches) was nothing like you are experiencing,  but I remember trucking thru the worst storms when I worked the ER.  I also remember being required to stay there because others could not get in.  Hated those 24 hour shifts.  Well, actually we got about 8 hour off sometime in the middle of it and could go slepp in one of the rooms, but sleeping on a gurney is just not possible. 

I also understand that the storm we had is headed your way to meet up with what you already have.  Well, you can get some good studying in.  Hope you don't have to go back in tonight.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

Why spell snow like s**w?  Is there a particular reason?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,467
Points 49,925
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:09 AM | Locked

Oh my gosh, Is,  How did he get the fractured leg?  That man is bearing more of a burden than anyone needs to have.  My prayers are going out for him.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,626
Points 36,875
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:12 AM | Locked

Kris thanks for chart on conversion for on point.

Starting my day I dropped my facebook account Too much to absorb and I didn't feel that my posting was private I know its not private here either but here its a family of interest and I need somewhere that I can just share my thoughts and not have to worry about rather i'm right in posting or do i?  I'm questioning because i sometime do my little vents could others in my personal family really see my posts?  Always something for me to worry about.  I never want to hurt others with my thought or any other way  just wondering about online security I've been posting here how my days have been going ...I'm rambling on

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,467
Points 49,925
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

How exciting, a valentine's party with Princess,  you are just the bestest grandma ever. 

Today is the shower for my DGD.  I was certain she was going to be in the hospital when this happened.  She now has to go in and have this fetal non-stress test done every other day.  She saw her Doc Friday as she was having more symptoms of imminent labor, but Doc said nope not yet.  Cervix isn't opening.  Gosh she sure isn't like her Grandma who was dilated to 3 for 1 1/2 months before labor ensued.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:20 AM | Locked

chocake2:

It's a bright shiney day here. Looks like we'll be in the mid-40's... all you snow bunnies on the east coast are welcome to come and enjoy our heatwave.

The boys have a 'free Friday" today, and as luck would have it, their Daddy also has the day off, so they are planning to enjoy each other today. Right now DH is practicing his newfound hash-brown making skills fixing me brunch (I am so-o pampered!!) Then I guess they are going to heat up the shop and work on their pinewood derby racers.

I hope to take advantage of the warm shop to make a mess of beads, but that will depend on whether I have someone to watch Sprout. We can't all be out there at once... I did get a few done yesterday but just could not get my rythm going so none of them are anything to brag about. ...Does anyone want a hair-lipped skull??  LOL 

I'm still trying to make progress on my quilting but it seems like Sprout is getting faaster and I am getting slower. 2ce now i have cleared a work space and set up my machine only to have to put it all away beofre I got a stitch taken. :S

CC isn't it amazing how men and boys can plan out their days and not even think that you might want some me time too? Being at home with a young busy Sprout is a lot of work.  Even though my baby is 23 and away, it seems like yesterday that I had a three here and that DH and the boys would plan things and were surprised I wasn't interested? Hmmm, no thanks I don't wast to go hunting, or trudge in the bush for the perfect tree to plant in the backyard, or go visit so&so's barn, or....  When the boys were young, it took me longer to set up and put away my sewing stuff than the actual sewing time, so those were few and far between, until I could get a place for my sewing machine to be set up more permanently.

Anyway, I hope you got time to play with the glass, and make beads to your heart's content. And that someone offered to care for Sprout so you could sew. Oh yeah and while I'm dreaming, that they surprised you by cleaning everything up for you! Wouldn't that be great?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,626
Points 36,875
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:28 AM | Locked

Ginny and others thanks for prayers.  Family feels fracture was brought on either in transportation by ambulance or by staff at hospital not taking more care in moving an older man with pagets disease we just don't know fore sure when it happened.  It does grate on me though that hospital staff have told family in refering to pagets that that there was too much in chart to read it all and they wern't aware that he had it what are charts for in my MA training the first thing I learned was that it was a legal document.  Same one said we don't have time to read it all.  Thats true but don't you have to read the main diagnosis' allergies etc.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:31 AM | Locked

Gini, I'm sure princess's valentine party was a total success! 

IS so sorry for your FIL. I will keep up with the prayers you all your family. Please pace yourself and take care!

Kris, I know you are not crazy about the white stuff, but think that it's making some people happy....especially the kids.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

ROFLMAO!!!!  You are too much Nancy!  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:01 AM | Locked

Gini, don't forget the pics of the party.  You're such a great Gram!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Elaine, be careful what you wish for!  It ain't a pretty sight!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:10 AM | Locked

No Kris, it wouldn't.  I have those pictures I took of the event in VB locked up in a safe at my bank never to be viewed until I take leave of this world, after which my family and friends I leave behind can have a good laugh at them.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Joni, sure is, it's a swear word to Kris.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:18 AM | Locked

Is, prayers going up for FIL and his family, so sorry he's going through all of this.  Take care of yourself, you sound beat.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,859
gini replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

Kris:
Different kind of cupcakes.

this reminds me of the time sam took my 10-y-o nephew to the baseball game.   jc was raised by very modest parents, and now he's spending the week with his not-so-modest aunt and family.   sam gets his binoculars out and is looking at anything but the game.  jc asks what he's looking at and sam tells him he's looking for tomatoes.  so then a tomato discussion ensues, on what a tomato is and on just what attributes a tomato might have.   i'm glad i didn't go with them.   days later we're driving him home and this little voice pipes up from the back out of the blue, "uncle sam?, is my mom a tomato?".  which is how sam had to come clean to me on the tomato discussion.  sam's answer, "absolutely".   i thought my SIL would be mad at us, but i think she was rather pleased that  sam thought she was a tomato. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 413 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 411 412 413 414 415 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use