Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 412 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 410 411 412 413 414 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 3:13 PM | Locked

Sukochi love your key saga. I once grabbed a set of keys and closed the front door only to realise that I had picked up a set of keys that my eldest had as play keys didn't fit any locks. Luckily I had a friend with a spare key but it made be check very carefully since.

Jacy love your new baby!

DH is out with a friend tonight so is stopping at our house we are trying to sell he has taken the air bed and his sleeping bag. He plays golf on a Saturday near where we used to live so it makes sense.

I had a routine mammogram this afternoon. I will get the results in 2 or 3 weeks. Fingers crossed it's all clear. I hate having them being "manhandled" by a woman is bizarre but it's only a few minutes and it can be a life saver. We are lucky in UK that we get automatic callbacks every couple of years or so. 

The burn on my hand must be getting better as it is beginning to itch! I will put some more Lavender oil on it later as I don't want it to dry out and peel.

I have a free day tomorrow as I did the shopping on my way home from the hospital so I can try and finish the quilt top for my goddaughter.

XXX

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:36 PM | Locked

Jacy, I'd be glad to baby sit sometime.  Your most recent arrival that is.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,420
Jacy replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 6:16 PM | Locked

Patti:
Jacy, I'd be glad to baby sit sometime.

Yep, that new baby is a sweetheart. She is just sitting quietly waiting patiently for attention. I can't play with her yet, she needs a new belt and a good cleaning, etc. Hopefully the belt arrives soon, I'm anxious to play with her. My 6 yr old DD is too, she had big huge grin as she said "It's just my size!" My 10 yr old jammed up my older Pfaff with thread caught in the bobbin area, I'm hoping this baby will be sturdy enough for the kids and easier for DH to fix. She's going to have so much attention it might be a while before she's even available to be babysat!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:50 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
posted a picture of the shop apron I made him on Lumberjocks, it received 473 views and 21 comments

Marie - you've got to get involved in Lumberjocks!  Some of those guys are lonely!  Randy said I've received two marriage proposals as a result of that apron.  Guys can't believe a woman would sew something for a man.  Can you imagine the response you'd get if you posted a picture of yourself in your bikini t-shirt standing in front of a tablesaw???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:54 PM | Locked

i have been very busy the last two days, prepping for the princess' valentine party.  she is spending the night, so she could help decorate and set everything out tomorrow.  marge, thanks for the recipe,  it passed the princess and grumpa test with flying colors. that  frosting is really good. 

i got some flowery soaps,  they are rose buds and you peel off the petals which are the soap to wash your hands.  i had them in the bathroom, on the soap dish and sam asked me twice if he should bring them into the kitchen.   no, no, no.    then, finally, curiosity was killing him i'm sure, he asked me when i was going to get the petit fours out of the bathroom and put them on the cupcakes.  

anyhoo, the floors need vacuuming, and we're good to go for a party.   wil's nose was a bit out of joint, he thought he was going to come to the party, he had his place at the table all picked out.  so,  i'm going, really? you want to go to a girl party?  of course, mr. stomach is looking at all the goodies lining the counters and thinking he's scored with the cupcakes and cookies.   in a few years it won't be the cupcakes he's looking at. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:56 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
 Can you imagine the response you'd get if you posted a picture of yourself in your bikini t-shirt standing in front of a tablesaw???

Come on, Marie, I want to see you in that bikini t-shirt in front of a tablesaw! That would be awesome!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,758
Points 38,945
ls2116 replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:34 PM | Locked

Ended the day going with DH to hospital FIL now has fractured leg, fluid in lungs and around heart he was less alert don't know what their giving him in hospital. Don't feel like quilting tonight.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:02 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
All those in the north east, get those shovels ready, get you milk and bread, battieries and what ever else you will need to see you through this storm. Praying for you.

Thanks. Work was a ghost town. Many called out and most of those who showed up were gone before I got there at 3PM. When I walked in the door the ED physician cheered. LOL. Would you believe we were busy? Some people just think it's a good idea to come to the hospital in a blizzard for a rash they've had all week. No too many accident victims came our way but one of our highways had an 11 car pile up.

I drove home from work before the worst got started but it's been s**wing since 4am Friday morning. It's very windy which made for very low visibility. When I turned off the main road I couldn't see down my street. Everything out there is white. Luckily our plow man had paid a visit so I was able to get into the driveway.

The wind is really howling out there and I can't see very well across the street. We'll be inside until later tonight.

Doing homework...well... going to be doing homework soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:05 AM | Locked

ls2116:
Kris thanks for comment on nephews quilt! I'm looking for good instructions for sewing on point and my seam allowance is almost non existant I'll probabably lose my points.

Here is some on-point math and some piecing instructions

Both are very similar but might help.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:10 AM | Locked

Lesley:

The burn on my hand must be getting better as it is beginning to itch! I will put some more Lavender oil on it later as I don't want it to dry out and peel.

I'm glad it's getting better Lesley. Hope you get /got some good sewing time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:11 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Marie - you've got to get involved in Lumberjocks!  Some of those guys are lonely!  Randy said I've received two marriage proposals as a result of that apron.  Guys can't believe a woman would sew something for a man.  Can you imagine the response you'd get if you posted a picture of yourself in your bikini t-shirt standing in front of a tablesaw???

Ooh Marie. That would be awesome.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:12 AM | Locked

gini:
i have been very busy the last two days, prepping for the princess' valentine party.

Gini,

I know the party will be a fun event. You rock.

gini:
  in a few years it won't be the cupcakes he's looking at. 

Different kind of cupcakes.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:13 AM | Locked

ls2116:

Ended the day going with DH to hospital FIL now has fractured leg, fluid in lungs and around heart he was less alert don't know what their giving him in hospital. Don't feel like quilting tonight.

Your poor FIL. I don't blame you for not wanting to sew. You must be exhausted with all the back and forth.

Remember to take time out for yourself.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 2:14 AM | Locked

Jacy congads on the new baby ,she is a beauty. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:05 AM | Locked

Good luck with the Princess' Valentine party, Gini!  Sounds like fun and good eats!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 412 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 410 411 412 413 414 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use