Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 411 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 409 410 411 412 413 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:38 PM | Locked

Frances:
Kris,

I thought you only have a hot water bottle when you dont have a DH, i have a hot water bottle and no DH i think youre just being greedy now having both:-)

lots of love

LOL. Frances this stays on my side of the bed My feet are always cold. I also like the bed to be warm before I get in. My electric blanket died so the hot water bottle is on duty.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:42 PM | Locked

ls2116:
This is a pic of my plan for Nephews quilt

I like it Is.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 9:32 PM | Locked

Jacy:

I think he's going to do all the work with this baby and I'll be the one who gets to play with her!

Very fun, Jacy!  We'll have to see how many FWs we can pull together for a picture in Oregon.  Maybe we can even dress in period clothes for that picture.  Oh, darn, now we need those hats in Leavenworth!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:21 AM | Locked

Jacy:
we now have a new baby, she arrived yesterday

Now that's my kind of baby. She's a beauty.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:23 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
what a day!!

LOL. What a day indeed.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 6:48 AM | Locked

Good grey morning to you all. Rain in the forecast. God is watering the orrts of his coming flowers. And, the ducks are singing in the rain!!

I was so wired last night, thatonce I got in the bed, and read Jim's book to him as he could not read, I just played on the computer and then read my newsest quilt mags for hours. Today, I feel like a zombie. Didn;t dry my hair after my shower, so will soon look like a zomie, too.

HAve to see the Dr. this a,m. for post op at 9. Then I will come back home and try to sleep.

All those in the north east, get those shovels ready, get you milk and bread, battieries and what ever else you will need to see you through this storm. Praying for you.

Off to the Dr. (((HUGS))) to all.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 7:08 AM | Locked

Gosh, Sukochi - my hair always looks that way! The beautician is the only one that can do anything with it. I was in the shop one day and this lovely elderly lady was telling everyone that beauty shops are the only place to get beautiful. I chuckled and said, "I'll be here a while, then"!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 7:12 AM | Locked

Good looking baby, Jacy! Thank heavens your DH plans to help with the potty training, etc! Of course, at her age, maybe Depends is a better choice! Seriously - she's gorgeous! Enjoy!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:12 AM | Locked

Sheila:

Gosh, Sukochi - my hair always looks that way! The beautician is the only one that can do anything with it. I was in the shop one day and this lovely elderly lady was telling everyone that beauty shops are the only place to get beautiful. I chuckled and said, "I'll be here a while, then"!

Shiela, I have been trying to grow out my hair to get it foiled. I think I just might be there now, but then it is going to cost over $$$, so I guess I will just get a cut again. I did get , what back in the day, we called frosting. Today they call it highlights. Why, I have no idea. Think cause they think that is worth more money. Anyway, The last lady who cut my hair cut. She cut it well but now that it has grown a bit there are fuzzy areas. I wish I could go up to Blue Ridge and have Sally Fields hairdresser cut it. But, just a cut from Jack is $85.00. I can just imagine that I would have to mortgage the house to get fiols from his. For crying out loud, you's think it was gold they use rather then Reynolds wrap!.

HAve a blessed day. I am going back to bed.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:19 AM | Locked

Jacy great baby and give lots of play time!

Lajuan I'm hysterical with laughter bout keys and praying for bothof you.

Kris thanks for comment on nephews quilt! I'm looking for good instructions for sewing on point and my seam allowance is almost non existant I'll probabably lose my points.

Taking break from hospital as they are doing more tests on FIL.

Got a blizzard going on so windy and I have to go out driving.

I also have a problem with a generic floor stand sewing light DH wanted to test a bulb after testing my lamp wouldn't work!  went got a new bulb still not on.  Dh took it apart couldn't figure it out I thru it in garbage madder than heck its my sewing light 27 watt bulb.  DH dragged it back in there it sat almost a mon. now .  I got a brainstorm maybe its the see saw switch going to buy one of those today if that doesn't work I'll be shopping for a new light.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:57 AM | Locked

It's a bright shiney day here. Looks like we'll be in the mid-40's... all you snow bunnies on the east coast are welcome to come and enjoy our heatwave.

The boys have a 'free Friday" today, and as luck would have it, their Daddy also has the day off, so they are planning to enjoy each other today. Right now DH is practicing his newfound hash-brown making skills fixing me brunch (I am so-o pampered!!) Then I guess they are going to heat up the shop and work on their pinewood derby racers.

I hope to take advantage of the warm shop to make a mess of beads, but that will depend on whether I have someone to watch Sprout. We can't all be out there at once... I did get a few done yesterday but just could not get my rythm going so none of them are anything to brag about. ...Does anyone want a hair-lipped skull??  LOL 

I'm still trying to make progress on my quilting but it seems like Sprout is getting faaster and I am getting slower. 2ce now i have cleared a work space and set up my machine only to have to put it all away beofre I got a stitch taken. :S

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:07 PM | Locked

Hee, hee - DH just finished telling me that after he posted a picture of the shop apron I made him on Lumberjocks, it received 473 views and 21 comments - more than any he's received for his own projects that he's posted.  I tried to comfort him by pointing out that an apron is just so different than anything else the members post at that site, so that must be what accounted for the nice response.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:28 PM | Locked

I'm telling ya, Nancy, there is money in them thar aprons!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 2:33 PM | Locked

I think it must be the model catching everybody's eye..and then they see the apron and REALLY get excited.  Yeah... that's it.... LOL  I think my bro is on Lumberjocks too, I'll have to ask him if he's seen it.

Seriousl,y Nancy, I love the  apron and it's given me an idea for crafts aprons for my messmakers  ...er, kids.

I had to give up on my plans for the day. Bro sent the guys new ice fishing gear. They took off in a mad rush to meet DS1's friend,  so he could show them how to rig their tip-ups before he leaves town. Then they'll be hitting the ice in hopes of catching a few pike... 

I know I should be happy for them, spending a sunny day enjoying each other, but frankly, I'm disappointed. I'd kinda like to be included in some of thier advantures now and then... but fishing ain't my thing. Besides, I'd wanted to fiddle with my glass while DH had a day off to help with the youngest... Yeah. I'm selfish. It smarts a bit when it's my plans that get sidelined, and somehow it always seems to be MY plans that get sidelined by these adventures. It's expected that Mom can  (And will) drop everything to accomidate whatever whim enters their little male brains. Somehow they never see it from my perspective... Now it'll be another week before I can hope that DH will take charge of diaper duty and give me an few hours to breath.  Ironically, I did most of his hunny-do list for him this week so he'd have time to do just that... and now he's using that free time on himself. The nerve! ...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,375
Points 48,770
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 2:47 PM | Locked

Hehehe CC, I agree.  Moms need a time out too.    Ginny

Page 411 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 409 410 411 412 413 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use