Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 409 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 407 408 409 410 411 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:14 AM | Locked

Sukochi, Good luck on your drive to Atlanta.  You are going to do fine with it.  Don't be so hard on yourself . And quit scaring yourself silly about driving, give it over to the Lord, he will get you there and back.   Prayers go with Jim for his sugery also.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:25 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Dentist today. Filling needed in a front tooth. Those are the very worst shots. Owey!

unless your need a shot in the roof of your mouth, there is no reason a shot for a front tooth  should hurt.   your dentist or hygienist isn't taking enough time when they administer it.    the shots behind the teeth, in the palate can hurt, though.  if they need to do the shot behind the front teeth,  you wait until the shot from the front is working then you can very slowly administer the palatal shot with no or very little pain.    tell your shot person  to slow down. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:33 AM | Locked

Frances:
I thought you only have a hot water bottle when you dont have a DH, i have a hot water bottle and no DH i think youre just being greedy now having both:-)
i don't know about you guys across the pond, but  i have two sides, while sam is heating the back i have my array of hot water bottles and heat pad on the front.    it's a bit of a challenge rolling over.    i might have to fire sam, since he's gotten diabetes, he isn't as much of a furnace, i may need to invest in an electric blanket. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Gini - Be careful with electric blankets. I got rid of mine after my SIL's house caught fire from one.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

Thanks, I'm fighting with point corners I guess I cut triangles too small.  Glad to hear I'm not alone in this awful period of life with loved ones.  Fil is lucky to be getting ice chips they now think his intestine is tangled!  Hang in there Joyce and I'll be praying for your Mom.  I feel like people must be getting sick of hearing me go on about all the everything on here but it really does help me to go on these days.

Dentist finally called me back  I now have an appt. either crown or extraction not looking forward to either.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:04 PM | Locked
Sukochi, I hope your trip to Atlanta is safe and uneventful. I'm sure Jim's vision will get better after surgery. I'm assuming that he doesn't have some other eye problems. I had cataract surgery and the improvement in my vision was phenomenal. I got some glasses last week for watching TV and reading with less eye strain, but I don't use them while I'm on the computer or cutting fabric. I haven't decided yet if sewing is better with or without them. I'm glad your neighbor finally sought medical treatment after that accident. Hopefully nothing dangerous was found. 30 years ago I was in an accident and hit my head/face against the steering wheel. The damage was so subtle as to not show up until months later by which time the damage was done. I still have occasional problems with pressure on the bridge of my nose and in my gum and palate below my nose. These days there is technology that will detect soft tissue injuries that can then be repaired. Your quilties are so cute! I love the one with the eyes. I can see they are movable. You are an inspiration! Hugs, Donna in Oregon
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:23 PM | Locked

Alot of you know I have 8 kids, our youngest recently turned 4. One day my DH said that since we're not expecting another baby it's feels kind of weird, he doesn't have anything new to focus on. Poor guy, well I fixed that, we now have a new baby, she arrived yesterday and boy was he excited. He already checked her all out and plans to spend time with her to make sure will be the best she can be. I think he's going to do all the work with this baby and I'll be the one who gets to play with her!

• | Post Points: 170
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:27 PM | Locked

Love your new baby, Jacy       Ginny

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:29 PM | Locked

Best kind of baby....have fun playing!!

Nan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:32 PM | Locked

jacy, what a wonderful new baby.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110
Patricia Faye replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:11 PM | Locked

Nice, Jacy! Love it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

I drove for about 10 mins. before Jim had me pull over, and HE drove. Then, we waited, and waited. Then, a really chatty, nice Yankee lady showed up .So while he was back in surgery, she kept us entertained. She was SO funny.

I was gonna go out to the car, at one point. Couldn't find the keys, and then remembered that Jim drove, so he had them. When he was ready to go, I asked for the keys and he said he had given them to me. Well, I had looked all through my purse, his pockets, my pockets, no keys. I went out to the car, and lo and behold there they were in the cup holder. Went back in and called the LockOut person from our ins. Took, the guy about 30 mins to get there. I had told them Road rather then Highway! Oops. Then the guy called and said he was in the parking deck. I said no he wasn't, I wa.s He said ,he was on the first level ,parked behind a Taurus. I said not behind mine. Then I started walking to the entrance. Well, there was another floor, lower ,then what I said was the first floor. We got that straight and he came and opened the car door. NO KEYS!!Rut Row! I had seen the plug for Miss Smarty Pants (our GPS), not the keys. So, I ran back into the waiting room and looked all around. The same folks were still in there. I told them the keys were not in the car and for everyone to check under their chairs and in them. Too funny. Then a lady suggested I dump my purse. That always helps her when she has lost something. Well, I was not sure I wanted to dump all my "stuff" on the floor ,in front of all these strangers (and a Yankee!). So, I just kinda started digging around, and ...oh, my... OOPS! There were my keys.  So, we discussed what I should tell Jim, and the guy that broke into my car. The "former" Yankee, who was male said "Tell him the truth". HA! What does HE know. So, a real nice ,little southern lady said "Well, Sweetie. Go put your keys over there under that chair and I will tell you what to say". So, I did what she said. Then she said "Honey, what is that I see under the chair you had sat in earlier?' I said, as a lughtbulb went off in my head, "My keys. Well, what od you know. Gracious me". The lady said "see there. Now, you just tell him the truth. You found those keys, just now, under that chair".  Thank you, Miss Daisy. And, off I went.

what a day!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 5:26 PM | Locked

Oh my, Sukochi.   What a day.  You made me laugh out loud.  Hope you can look back on this with laughter too.   By the way, How is Jim?    LOL    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 5:30 PM | Locked

OH SUKOCHI< ROFLMAO

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 5:30 PM | Locked

Jacy, love your baby

[Ava, Missouri

Page 409 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 407 408 409 410 411 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use