Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 408 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 406 407 408 409 410 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:52 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Oh no, CC  You mean to tell me that it broke already?   Well, I'm not paying to have someone come take the lint out.  I'll wait until I get it good and broken.  LOL    Ginny

Guess that means you won't be hiring me after all, huh... LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:09 PM | Locked

Kris your water bottle looks very cozy in its sweater. Sometimes that yeah from a hot water bottle just feel better..

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:57 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Debbie, Do you think we culd use the Heat-n-bond Vinyl on postcards?

Well, in some cases I think you could but I'm not so sure it's neccessary since it's made to put on something flat that will be stretched.  What would be neat is a product that you could lay on top of a card with hard embellishments like your buttons or those eyes then steam it or  use a hair dryer or something to shrink it so it'll mold to the surfaces.

I wonder if you could do that with that shrink wrap for gifts?  I might just make a p.c. and try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work, oh well. I won't lose anything. Debbie, do you think it would work?? I was thinking about nekked p.o.'s. Protecting them in the rian/water/whatever, as they travel, in the mail. Oh, but, I don't need to do that, anyway, I got those envelopes for p.c.s

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:08 PM | Locked

Is your FIL and all your family have been in my prayers. I will keep going in the hopes that he gets better and that the docs can find out what's wrong.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:25 PM | Locked

Thanks so much.  They mean alot to me.  I was actually too tuckered out from everyday routine so DH went alone this time.

This is a pic of my plan for Nephews quilt .

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

Of coarse there is even a mistake in that pic  but you got my idea but in different colors.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,646
Points 52,585
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:44 PM | Locked

Mock up of your nephews quilt looks good Is.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:00 PM | Locked

Thanks Ginny.  I'm hoping it comes out as good as plan pic.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:06 PM | Locked

This looks great IS! It will keep you busy for a few days....

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:15 PM | Locked

Is I like this quilt it looks difficult.    Also I'm sorry about your FIL.  I'm going thru similiar with my mom.  I had to have her moved to a nursing home and it is really getting to me.  She too wasn't able to eat she aspirated and ended up with pneumonia.  Now she is on pureed food and really isn't able to feed herself.  I was with her this eveining and fed her dinner to her.  They had put her in bed early as she was so tired.  It is a roller coaster ride on the emotions.  I will be praying for you and your family.  It is very stressful and all that running tires you out.  I go to the nursing home every day. Good luck.

Joyce

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Sheila:

Send your DH my way! I could use someone who actually "maintains" things instead of waiting for them to breakdown. Argh!

I hear you there!  I've got the breakdown kind too. ROTFL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:27 PM | Locked

Ginny:
I also noticed his very good dust collection system in the background.

Ginny, DH will be quite pleased to hear that you noticed his dust collection system.  He put a lot of time into constructing that this fall.  Every piece of woodworking equipment ties into it in some way.  He's determined to keep his lungs healthy inspite of some high risks as a young adult (smoking and working with asbestos in a manufacturing plant).

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,632
Points 48,805
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:00 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I wonder if you could do that with that shrink wrap for gifts?  I might just make a p.c. and try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work, oh well. I won't lose anything. Debbie, do you think it would work?? I was thinking about nekked p.o.'s. Protecting them in the rian/water/whatever, as they travel, in the mail. Oh, but, I don't need to do that, anyway, I got those envelopes for p.c.s

You're silly. :o)  I think you should try it and send it to yourself!  Or to me if you want it to get handled more.  You post the BEFORE pictures and I'll post the AFTER pictures!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:49 AM | Locked

Ok, Debbie, IF I can find some of that stuff, I will make a card and send it to you. That stuff is hard to find here. But, they might have some at Walmart. I found it there Christmas before last.

I wrote on the other Whar Are You Up To Today. There was no number. So, once again I am confused. Or, maybe, I am jjust confused all the time.

Headed to Atlanta for cataract surg. for Jim. All will go well. But, just in case, say prayers. Sometimes, God just shakes his head at me and goes to the next problem. I think he is scared to look down at me driving a car.! Probably gives him a headache.I know it does me.

I hope you hear from me this afternoon!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,646
Points 52,585
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

MNnancy, Yes, I would be one to notice that.  I have a friend that installed one in his workshop, but it really didn't do a good job, although he was told that was the system that  he needed. He then put in a system very simlar to Randy's.   Much better!  And although he is a neat freak, his shop is never that clean when I have seen it.      Ginny

Page 408 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 406 407 408 409 410 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use