Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 407 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 405 406 407 408 409 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:04 PM | Locked

CC - Sounds like a normal day at my house - minus the Sprout, of course. Instead, I get a dog or cat - not sure which is better. LOL - Yes, if you want it done right, do it yourself. Most likely, he just checked the vent hose - that lint gets into a lot of areas that it's not meant to be in. Glad you caught the undies! That could have been an amusing moment in someone else's home downwind! ROFL - what a mental picture that is...

Sukochi - Send your DH my way! I could use someone who actually "maintains" things instead of waiting for them to breakdown. Argh!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,814
Points 365,812
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:21 PM | Locked

Lesley:

Kris I love your hottie's jumper. Mine has a lilac spotty furry cover.

Lx

That sounds awesome. My DH always gets a good laugh at my dressed up bottle.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:29 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
t this rate I will never get a set of thse fancy front loading wahser and dryers.

If you've been paying attention to my cussing this past few months, you'd know that those fancy front loaders ain't all they are cracked up to be! You can have mine and I'll take your top-loader! Talk about an over-engineered nightmare! There's simply no way to access the area under the lint trap without disassembling the whole dang machine. I had to take the back off the drier, to take the top off, so I could take the front off! Added to it, all of the clamps are plastic, so you don't wanna have to take screws in and out of them very often or they'll break... 

60x60 is a nice size for lap quilts.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,243
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:19 PM | Locked

Sukochi, loved that last postcard "eyes", really cute!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,243
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:20 PM | Locked

Kris, love your HWB sweater, it's a hoot!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,243
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:22 PM | Locked

CC, you are a wonder!  I have trouble finding the door to my dryer let alone taking it apart to de-lint it.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:28 PM | Locked

Kris:

Lesley:

Kris I love your hottie's jumper. Mine has a lilac spotty furry cover.

Lx

That sounds awesome. My DH always gets a good laugh at my dressed up bottle.

Kris,

I thought you only have a hot water bottle when you dont have a DH, i have a hot water bottle and no DH i think youre just being greedy now having both:-)

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,825
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 1:48 PM | Locked

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for FIL its a rollercoaster ride They are not sure now if hes swallowing right it might be going to lungs thats why he's still npo. Its just not looking good right now.  I should be cooking dinner now but we are getting ready to make daily run to hospital.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 2:34 PM | Locked

CC, somehow that doesn't sound like I will be having much fun when I delve into mine.   Wanna come help? LOL    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 2:50 PM | Locked

Ginny:

CC, somehow that doesn't sound like I will be having much fun when I delve into mine.   Wanna come help? LOL    Ginny

Most definately NO. Sadly, mine worked just fine yesterday but today it's back to it's old tricks, so there must be more wrong with it then just the lint issue... :(

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 2:54 PM | Locked

CC, guess I missed where you said you have the new fancy washer and dryer. I know some love them and some hate them. I just have the tandard run of the mill ones as they cost less, by far. So, if one breaks down it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to replace.

Y'all pray for Nan. She emailed me this morning that she was having terrible hip pain and that DS was taking her to the Doctor at 10:30. Haven't  heard a thing since. Hope that wasn't a broken hip!!

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 3:18 PM | Locked

Thanks for prayers! No broken hip but sure felt that way. It is bulging disc in lower spine. Hip looked fine so he thinks sciatica referred pain to hip and knee. Now on prednisone multi dose pack and diluidid for pain. Can not drive with diluidid and he wants me to rest till I go back next wed. I had fallen on Sunday but fell onto left side only. But he thinks that might have jarred myspine some. Certainly an unpleasant way to be awoken in am. 

Nan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 4:29 PM | Locked

Glad you are on the mend Nan.

Sukochi, I have a middle of the road washer and drier purchased from Sears. They ain't high end but they are heavy duty. The washer has been one big headache after another since we got it. This is the first trouble from the drier, but it only gets used about 5 months out of the year since i prefer the clothesline. It's 4 years old. The washer is 3, as the one we got with the drier died exactly 362 days after we bought it and Sears had to replace it. (Of course, the replacement machine only worked for 360 days before it died too...).

Ginny, I think found the problem. I little research and I learned that there's a post-servicing reset for the computer.  I guess that anytime an error code is addressed with these newer machines, you have to give the brains a boot in the butt...  'Seems to be functioning now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Debbie, Do you think we culd use the Heat-n-bond Vinyl on postcards?

Well, in some cases I think you could but I'm not so sure it's neccessary since it's made to put on something flat that will be stretched.  What would be neat is a product that you could lay on top of a card with hard embellishments like your buttons or those eyes then steam it or  use a hair dryer or something to shrink it so it'll mold to the surfaces.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:29 PM | Locked

Oh no, CC  You mean to tell me that it broke already?   Well, I'm not paying to have someone come take the lint out.  I'll wait until I get it good and broken.  LOL    Ginny

Page 407 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 405 406 407 408 409 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use