Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 406 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 404 405 406 407 408 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:35 AM | Locked

Is, praying for your fil.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:41 AM | Locked

Angele:

Boy I need to be either retired or have a part time job so I can sew more...

You and me both, Angele!  This job thing is so creatively stiflling!  I do like that paycheck tho...

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:39 AM | Locked

Debbie, Do you think we culd use the Heat-n-bond Vinyl on postcards?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:18 AM | Locked

MNnancy,  I also noticed his very clean work shop.  I also noticed his very good dust collection system in the background.  That is a big help( no, a must)  for keeping down the sawdust. Especilaly when he varnishes in the same space.  I am impressed with his workshop too.  Oh, by the way, I like his shop apron, great job.   I made an apron for my youngest GGS a year ago for Christmas with some of the same fabric you used.  He loved it.  The thing is I made it for a coverup when he eats or has poscicles or such, but he took up on the builder part of it and tried to put his tools in the pocket and wear it around the house to "fix" things.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Anyone going to the Quilt Expo in Atlanta on March 7 -9? It is an awesome show, with tons of quilts and tons of vendors.

Making a quilt to donate to the Adairsville Tornado victums. Quilted Hugs From Maddie has been in touch with the United Way and will donate quilts, in early March. Anyone interested, let nantenn know. Nan said the representative, at United Way, was thrilled to death for this to happen.

Yay, no dentist today. He called and said we can do the filling next week when the crown is in and ready to cement. Yay, a reprieve.

Off to go for a walk.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Is2116,  I am sorry to hear that your FIL in not doing better..  Do they give the family any hope that he will come out of this?   I am praying for your family in this matter.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Love your hot water bottle's turtle neck, Kris.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

WHat color do Mommy's wear? Smooshed Graham cracker Beige.   ...It is now officially my least favorite color.

I feel like I've been going at a dead run all week, and in reality I haven't done much of anything.

Our drier has been functioning very pourly of late. I asked DH to check it out, specifically the vents, a couple of weeks ago because it flashes an "Overheat" error code and shuts itself off regularly. He did as I asked and assured me that all the vents were clear and fully operational. Meanwhile the problem has gotten worse. Well, as I told you before, it cost nearly $200 just to have the repairman set foot in the door. In shear despiration yesterday (After I chased my clean undies through the neighbors yard in the wind -- clotheslines aren't a good option in a sustained 45mph blow!) I tore that dang machine apart. (Sprout was VERY helpful!! I gotta tell you, doing appliance work with a busy baby underfoot ain't no picnic.) The area under the lint trap was packed solid with lint. I filled a gallon bucket with fuzz from an space that was about 2.5"x10"!    Hubby said it wasn't a lint issue... Odd... the machine is working fine now. And I expect that missing screw to appear in a diaper anytime now...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:33 AM | Locked

ls2116 really hope FIL improves.

Gini thank you. I found some green suncream with lidocain which has really helped no blister so I hope it stays that way.

Work was work today but I really wished I didn't have to go every day! Hope tomorrow is better!! Trying to decide what to cook for tea that's not too many Weight Watchers points. I love my food but today I can't really be bothered, however DH needs to be fed so will try and make an effort!!

Lxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

CC

It sounds like you had one of your "normal" days....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

Kris I love your hottie's jumper. Mine has a lilac spotty furry cover.

Lx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

CC, you reminded me that that is what I need to do to my dryer.  I have to go online and find out how to take that front part off so when the basement warms up a little I can get down there on the floor to work on it.

Yep, I bet you will be finding that missing screw in a day or two.  LOL     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:13 AM | Locked

Every 6 months, Jim take the front off the dryer, and cleans lint off every working part in there. IT keeps our dryer running well for a very, very loooong time. At this rate I will never get a set of thse fancy front loading wahser and dryers. Pooh!

He, also ,empties the hot water heater, twice a year. Drain till the water runs clear. It runs much more efficently and lasts much longer. We screw a hose to the spiget on the w.h. and run the hose out the window ,then turn the water on.  If you live in a area high in minerals, you would not believe how awful that water runs in the beginning.

How big should I make charity quilts? I was thinking 60 by 60?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:41 AM | Locked

Another emergency trip to the dentist for DH, broke off a tooth or lost a filling, not sure which.  These emergency dental trips are beginning to dig into my Branson money...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:48 AM | Locked

Vivian, where are you???  I know we just checked on Spud, but we also haven't heard from Vivian since the Holidays (or around then).

Are you out there lurking, Vivian?  We miss you!  Hope you are doing well!

Winthrop, WA

Page 406 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 404 405 406 407 408 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use