Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 403 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 401 402 403 404 405 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,008
Points 28,310
Ramona replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

First quiltie. Be kind......

That is adorable!! Great job on this. I love the little butterfly.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,008
Points 28,310
Ramona replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

The apron is so cute!! My DH certainly needs one of these. Great idea to laminate the one side.  I can see him getting a lot of use out of his.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,348
Points 174,613
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:07 AM | Locked

Sukochi, another beautiful quiltie!  Do you trade these with others?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 11:39 AM | Locked

Nancy, I never could understand the "love" of ice fishing.  And there you are without even the benefit of a shanty to keep you warmer!  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 12:12 PM | Locked

Randy's apron is nice Nancy.  I wish my sewing room was as neat as his shop!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

I picked up my NEW "ring" last night. It is a wonderful Husqvarna Sapphire835. I know its not fancy but its definatley fancier than my 1956 Pfaff. I spent most of last night playing with it. Today I will start a project on it and see how it really works. I will call to get my lessons started soon and learn all that it can do so I can make the most of what I have.

I have coop tonight...which means I have alot of up time. The co-ops in our area offer fresh fruits and veggies for a great price. I know the one we are out of is based out of St Louis Mo if your close by there and would like to get the link private messege me. Plus when you need nutrition and your out of chocolate you can always have an apple sitting close by to munch on while you sew....my DH always fixes them and brings them to me.

Morning chores are done. Floors are swept and vaccumed. Dishes are done. I think I did too much already today so off to sew right after I check my emails. Have a good day everyone!

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 12:31 PM | Locked

Marie:

Marie:

Marie, yes, I do swap them. I am in postcard pazzaz and we swap postcards, quilties, pins and mug rugs. I have one postcard waiting to get done, and one more quiltie. this is just so much fun. And, I am starting to see a "Creative" side I never knew was there. Amazing.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 12:48 PM | Locked

The Eye......My latest post card.

Oh, the glue I mentioned is called Fabric Fusion. I used to to glue these eyes to this fabric. They DON NOT come off.

Went by the neighbor's on our walk, just now.  On Saturday evening, he was in a wreck when he lost control of his huge pick up on an icy  road. The truck spun, the back hit a tree, and the front seat back was destroyed. He is badly brusied, and has a killer headache,  terribley sore back and neck. And, he has NOT been to the hospital or Doctor. I told his wife to get him to the ER, NOW!.  Man can hardly move. He called 911 right after the accident, but no one ever responded. I heard the call go out, but when they got there, he had left the scene.  His osn came over and picked him up. Had to help him get out of the truck. No ins. but liability on that truck. It is older then dirt and has 300,000. miles on it. Total loss. Now, they only have one vehicle, a very old Jeep Cherokee with 100,000 miles on it.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 1:13 PM | Locked

Sukochi lovely little quilts.

Nancy love the apron very smart.

Well I thought I was doing ok today had physio and he said I was doing much better and doesn't need to see me for a fortnight, came home baked some buns for work ( will ice them later) did some ironing which I hate! Feet were cold and got cramp so decided to fill hot water bottle to warm them and then put on my back. Was hopping round in kitchen on cold floor in the dark and then managed to pour boiling water all over my hand, ran it under the cold tap but it hurts like mad. I have put some lavender oil on as that's meant to help wish it would hurry up. Feel so so stupid I do have days when I am terribly clumsy! Must be my age!!

We had some snow here but all washed away now!

Hope you are all ok

xx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 1:41 PM | Locked

Thanks, Lesley.

HAve a question for you. You often mention your hot water bottle. Do you not have heating pads over there? Or are hot water bottles just customary? I don't know anyone who still has a hot water bottle anymore. Though, I bet some of these quilty ladies just might. Frances called a crib, a "cot", the other day. I thought that was so charming.  And, to think our "language" came from your Brits.  Guess we destroyed it, for the most part.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 1:53 PM | Locked

Sukochi - That's a really, really cute one!

Yes, your neighbor needs to get to the ER. His health is more important than the bill.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 2:02 PM | Locked

I know Sheila, I told Barb to take him ,kicking and screaming if she had to, but to just do it NOW. Why she has let this many days go by, I have no idea. I know they are having a hard time money-wise.  But, they have all new furniture ,in the house, and a beautiful new, huge front porch. So, there is money coming in from somewhere. But, what would they do if he were to end up paralized? I was raised to call the Doctor for a hang nail. I would have been in the ER, the minute I got out of that truck.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 2:16 PM | Locked

Sukochi

We do have heat pads and I also have wheat bag that goes in the microwave. I have only just gone back to the hot water bottle as it stays warmer for longer and I was taking it to work to put against my back so if I filled it at 7am it was still warm when I got home about 3pm!. I love the heat pads that are air activated that you can stick on but they are not cheap and when I fell I was needing the heat everyday!

Well my hand looks a treat I have put the lavender on it and then found some green burn relief gel we got in Florida. Then I put cling film ( wrap ) on whilst I cooked dinner and then wrapped a clean handkerchief round it.  Nothing major really but it does sting!!

x

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 2:30 PM | Locked

Rhonnie:
The co-ops in our area offer fresh fruits and veggies for a great price

Do you also have Bountiful Baskets program there? We have on that I've seriously debated joining, but they deliver here at 6:45AM, and it's a 30 min drive for me to get to the pick-up point. Somehow that early morning thing just holds no appeal for me... LOL  But the prices are FANTASTIC!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 2:35 PM | Locked

Sukochi it seems odd to me that LE didn't do futher fallow-up on the 911 call. Here they'd have run his plate # and gone to his residence for a welfare check. His son should have taken him directly to the ER for an evaluation...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 403 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 401 402 403 404 405 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use