Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 399 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 397 398 399 400 401 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 5:05 PM | Locked

Renee, 

thank you, yes am very proud of Maddie. She continues to quilt for her charity "Quilted Hugs from Maddie" and donates to needy kids. She also collect quilts or quilt tops from other quilters..so if you ver have time, you could add to her collection. She mainly donates  to ages 5 to 12. She does herbown longarming now also. She is very fond of creating quilt blocks on paper also. We keep them for whenever she wants to make a quilt that is fancier. Her donation quilts are usually strip quilts as they are well received and fairly uick for her to make. To learn more you can google her charity name.

Nan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 5:08 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Bonita..enjoy your day!

Nan

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195

Nan

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195

Nan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,039
Points 108,700
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:05 PM | Locked

Happy B-day Bonita!!

Quiet day here. Dh was growly all afternoon. The hosp has a new Dr on staff. They took in an elderly patcient  with breathing issues late last night,and this Dr stood there and took the EMT's to task for their "Un-professional attire" before seeing the poor woman!! Considering that most of our quick responders are volenteer, she's lucky they were all dressed. It's not un-common to have them respond to a call-out in their PJs... for that matter, this is calving season. It'd serve her right to have the someone on the ambulance crew come in wearin cow sh*t and afterbirth!!!!  At any rate, DH was not impressed. His philosophy is that they are there to save lives, and when minutes count, appearence doesn't. That's not to say he won't raise the roof over unsanitary practices...but jeans vs scrubs don't make much difference to him. I can see friction in the future...

DD was awarded her Religious Ed badge for Girl Scouts (Boy scouts actually... but that's another story) at the big cathidral in the state capital today. it was a scary thing to attend mass at such a big an opulant building. She said her knees shook through the entire service.  It helped that her BF was there, getting his badge as well. I'm mighty proud of her. It's nearly a 3 hour drive to get there so I wasn't able to attend. She went with her scout leader and didn't get home til supper time. She's whiped out.

I have no interest in the stuper bowl  ( i can never figure out which team is pitching and who's net is which...) so I guess I'll plug in a movie tonight...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:36 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I have no interest in the stuper bowl  ( i can never figure out which team is pitching and who's net is which...) so I guess I'll plug in a movie tonight...

I'm keeping DH company while he watches the game.  Obviously I'm keeping busy on my laptop.  Right after half time as the dome went dark, he says, "Looks like it's lights out for San Fransisco."  Funny guy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:03 PM | Locked

Kinda looking like San Francisco might have been the ones who pulled that plug...think Baltimore fell asleep. I grew up north of Baltimore, of course that was during the Colts era..but wanted Ravens to win. I am watching game with my boys..my two scotties, they have fallen asleep now as snacks are put away!

ford truck commercial about farmers was good but the bud commercial bout the clydesdale is. Best in my opinion.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,417
Points 62,215
Bonita replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Got a call from DS, e-mails from sisters and get together tomorrow with DD and family. It was a good day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,757
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:51 PM | Locked

chocake2:
DD was awarded her Religious Ed badge for Girl Scouts

Congrats to your DD Chocake.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:28 AM | Locked

CC, tell you DD congrats from all your QCA buddies

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:25 AM | Locked

CC - Big Congrats to your DD! I was a GS leader (& more) for a lot of years. It's not an easy one to get so she should be very proud.

Nantenn - Always love the Bud commercials! I think my fav was the one where the adult dumped snow on the "kids"! Many people don't realize that horses have a long memory - for people, places, & smells. I once went to put a saddle pad on a horse and it stopped and kept moving around sniffing at it until I realized it had belonged to a horse that had passed away! To this day, I have 1 horse that will go out and stand and sniff at the ground where a buddy was buried. He'll paw at the ground. Sad but, amazingly touching at the same time.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:26 AM | Locked

Bonita - Big Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late with the wishes. I'm glad you had a good one, though.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:48 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Angele:
Since I had worked at the high school for the last eighteen years, this recess thing is really getting to me.

I've worked at both levels, too. The high school staff have no idea what the elementary staff go through.  One year, a fellow elementary teacher and I routinely played a game of backgammon after school and we'd bet the next day's recess duty on the outcome.  The highlight for me was a 4-week stretch in the middle of winter when I didn't have to go outdoors at all!

i hear you Nancy. The first time I worked in an elementary school, I got the red measles...not fun when you are 28 with two very active sons at home!  Luckily, this is just a very bad head cold. I feel like I have cotton balls in my head squishing my brains out! Sinuses are full and tender too.  I still consider myself lucky to be otherwise healthy, be in love, have a good job and money to spend on fabrics! Life IS good! And surprise...I won the UFO. Draw!  Me! Who never wins! This totally made my day!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:02 AM | Locked

Renee, price on that Ott light was too good to be true. Hope you had them plug it in to make sure it worked. My DS loaned her floor model to me while they were on the road again, in the RV. One day, it just wouldn't turn on. DH did all he knew to do, still no light. Finally, he took it apart and said all he could figure is the balast was bad. And, though we looked everywhere online and in the electircal supply places, no luck finding a new one.

Back to work on second quiltie ,today. It is coming along much better then the first one. First is cute, but, the quilting is just awful. Should have stuck with simple but thought I would try something kinda more then I could handle. I tried.

So sad that that little boy is still being held hostage by that creep. I don't know what could be in that man's mind. He can't just stay in that forever. He must know the outcome will be what it will be. He is going to jail, so come on out and go. Let that little boy go home to his parents. What has this done to that child mentally?. So sad.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:06 AM | Locked

Happy belated birthday Bonita. I hope your day off was a great one!

Angèle  from NWO

Page 399 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 397 398 399 400 401 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use