Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 396 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 394 395 396 397 398 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 1:35 AM | Locked

Patti:
(Now it will just drive them crazy with curiosity.)

nope, not me,  :  )   my chauffeur has already delivered me to crazy. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 3:34 AM | Locked

Kris,     I was shocked when the call came thru. as well.   I never win things like that.  I don't win at Bingo either.  But it was nice to know that real people really do win.  It was fun.   I love finding the shops that have great sales.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 6:23 AM | Locked

Looks like today is going to be busy.  BIL is in western Tn.,(He's a truck driver), and coming our way.  He'll stop for lunch and maybe a shower.  It's a joke that we're a truck stop when he's going  by.  He lives in upstate NY and we're in East Tn. so it's so they get to see each other a bit more often.  I'll be running to the grocery store in a bit to get burger for meatloaf.  Everyone loves it so it's a great go-to meal in a hurry. 

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Cold weather is terrible. We just have to bundle up and deal with it. It is almost 32 here this a.m. and I even have the hood up on my bathrobe!!. Then a thought struck me. COld or death? Which would be my choice if I could be in control, rather then God? Cold, bonechilling cold. I am not finished here just yet. He sees fit to keep me on this earth, even in the cold, for a reason. "nuff said.

I am doing some serious soul searching today. Being in the Word for three days now, have totally changed my perceptions. Life is a gift. We should use them wisely. Deep thinking today. Time to listen to Chris Tomlin while I sew, and leave the police scanner OFF.

Hope all have a beautiful day. There is a place that is ALWAYS warm, or rather, hot. Watch what you wish for.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

I forgot all about today being groundhog day , I sure love the prediction.  Snowing today in Mi. I just might get to work on quilt that is after dishes laundry etc. Hope everyone has a great day.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 10:31 AM | Locked

Happy Groundhog Day!!   ...Who wants gopher stew for dinner?

DS1 says Sprout walked a step today. My back was turned... Maybe he'll repeat it  when we're all here and watching! (Fingers crossed.)

I've given the kids Poop and Coop duty today. Hoping they get it done early and can watch the busy one for a little bit while I work on breaking down the glacier between the house and the driveway. It only  gets enough sun to stay slushy for about an hour each day, before the shadows come along and it turns back into a giant pumpkin. Naturally, I've missed that golden hour every day this week and it just keeps getting harder and harder.... icier and icier...  :(

Diana, I can very much relate to being a truckstop for your BIL. I love it when my Bro gets sent to the nearest work station to us and has an over-night job - Then I get to feed him. :D Lately that hasn't happened very often, tho :(

DS1 has been bitten by the friendhip braclet bug. He's been raiding my embroidery thread stash and tieing lots of knots this week. Walmart had a multipack of threads for about 1/3 the cost of single scenes so I got it for him and hope he'll stay out of my more expensive colors... 

His teacher showed him how to make a  cardboard disk for making a round rope type of braid. Of course the cheap posterboard they used was too flimsy to hold up for vey long, so I made him a new on out of milk carton plastic. Then he saw a pegboard thing in a catalog for doing the traditional knotted braclets and wanted me to by it. It was a bit of plastic with clamps at the base and a peg at the top to secure the threads...for $16+S&H!? I don't think so!  I took two buttons from my bin and another piece of that milk jug and made him a reversible version that he can have 2 projects going on at one time... I even had some mini clothes pins that he can use for clamps if he wishes, altho he's finding that slots cut at the bottom are easier and more efficient then opening and closing clamps all the time. He's so proud of 'his' invention.  Best of all, he's staying out of mischief while he's making all these braided bits of thread. LOL

DD's BF has invited her to his house for dinner tonight - He's cooking. She's looking forward to it. She adores his Daddy and she can hold her own just fine against his Momma (who has the  well earned reputation of being hard to get along with). His siblings will be gone tonight, so that'll make it easier, altho she doesn't mind them. What a blessing this young man is! If it weren't for the fact that he's a teenage bundle of raging hormones, we'd keep him. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 11:33 AM | Locked

CC sounds lilke a busy day ,you can send some of that engery here to me,I desperatly need to clean house and I just lookat it and go" pooey ".to be nice and say a kinder word, LOL   My son has been feeling ill for a couple of days so no help there. I hope he is not getting the flu since he didn't get a flu shot . fingers X'ed .. I got one but still hope its not in the house.  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 11:48 AM | Locked

Just had a snow storm in Ellijay. Lasted a whole 5 mins. and left just a skiff on the ground. Forecast is for 90 percent chance of precipt. But, with temps climbing to 44, snow just ain't gonna stay. Snow/rain over night. That will be cold enough. But, then, there is the problem of wanting to go to church, so don't want snow to drive through. Snow and Southerners, on the raod together,don't mix.! Howver, I love to wakl in a nice snowstorm. Should have gone while I had the chance. Might have gotten to the top of the driveway before it stopped.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Diana:
But it was nice to know that real people really do win.  It was fun.   I love finding the shops that have great sales.

It is nice to see that a few of us actually win something!  I have gotten 3 - $10.00 gift certificates to shops I have never gone to before.  I have returned to one but the others were specialized shops out of my interest zone.  I agree this about covers the postage!

I haven't hunted lately because I haven't had the time.  Hope to finally get to some quilting this week - thought I would yesterday, but that didn't happen.  The "revolving door" is too busy with therapists for Rich for his knee and neighbors to visit him.  Maybe today.

By the way, I changed my avitar so you could see there is a face behind that flower.  I wiped out the background of the Texan roadside gazina and added it to the picture to give a clue to who is here!  I found a picture from this summer that didn't scare me too much, so here it is - my old face and multi-colored hair.  The grey is hiding in there someplace.  I had a hairdresser a few weeks ago ask me if I colored my own hair (after all I am 74) and she couldn't believe it was natural until she started cutting and saw all the auburns, dark blonds and grey.  You couldn't color it that way!

Maybe I will try to find a few bunnies while I rest my legs later today.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 1:29 PM | Locked

Marsha, it's nice to see you. LOL Good luck with the bunny hunt. I get about half way thru and forget about doing the rest of the search.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 2:56 PM | Locked

I haven't been reading back, very far, in the forums lately. However, I am missing Spud. Has anyone else spotted her? Hmmm... hope she is not under the weather. Prayers up, just in case.

If you are just lurking, Spud, speak up. We miss you.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 50

I am sitting here watching four inches of snow and more on the way. The birds are plentiful since I put out five homemade suet feeders and four bird feeders I made for them. I am sewing dresses for the charity Tender Loving Care for Applachian children. I have finished six so far. Last month I made six blankets for those who need them...........made a quilted pillow for my granddaughter for her bed. She loves to read at night and needed one. I have been trying to figure out which quilt to start cutting out pieces for . I get up at five in the morning and the winter weather has kept me home bound. Heck way out in the country there is nothing else to do but sew....sew....sew....:)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

Hello, Pigs, how are you. Seems you snuck in when we were not looking. Where  do you calll home? I am in North Georgia. Hope you will join us often to scratch and spit. HA!! Leslie, where are you??

It has snowed off and on all afternoon here in the mountains.  We even have some on the ground. Better check out and see what the General saw this a.m. (that would be General Lee, our groundhog!). 

Better get back to my binding.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 4:04 PM | Locked

Sukochi

I spoke with Spud a few days ago.  She is doing great.  Just been a little busy with all the grands living in her home now.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 4:06 PM | Locked

Barbara:
CC sounds lilke a busy day

Nope. Not me.  MY day is quiet. I have the kids running every-which-way, tho. Maybe they'll sahre their energy with you.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 396 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 394 395 396 397 398 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use