Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 394 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 392 393 394 395 396 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 4:20 PM | Locked

Sukochi, Prayers for you, too!!! You seem to be in good spirits, through this annoying, itchy problem. Stress sure can do crazy things to our body. It seems like it attacks the weakest area of our body. Hope all is well real soon!      Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

IS2116 thinking of you and your family.

Sukochi

Hope you can get some relief from your horrible hives.

Thea I know your pain. I fell in a similar situation just before Christmas and I am still struggling a bit. I found the best place was a warm bath, it was the only place I could be  without my back hurting. I am also having some physio which does help. Posture is also a big thing. I try very hard to keep my pelvis tucked under and tummy pulled in it helps a bit.

I popped out after work to get some fabric for the border of the quilt I am doing for my goddaughter arrived in time for a cup of tea! ( The shop is local and where I go to my quilting class more like visiting a friend's house). I had left 2 quilts to be quilted on the Gammill I am very impressed with my quilts they look wonderful just need to slip stitch the binding now then I will pop a photo on. I did also get the border fabric so will attach that then start to cut the Twister shapes out.

Had an email from our friends in Holland that we spend our skiing holiday with: unfortunately not this year they have had to cancel as he fell on a recent skiing trip and broke his pelvis so we will be going to Winter Park Colorado on our own this year. I am very sad about it but hopefully we can plan a holiday later in the year to see our mutual friends in Florida.

Well it is almost bed time here so I will wish you all a good night.

xx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:16 PM | Locked

IS prayers for your FIL and your family.

Sukochi, I hope and pray your hives Will  disappear soon!  And no pain left behind.

Thea, I'm so glad you are back! I missed your humor!

well we are looking at -40C overnight.  If this happens...no busses to school tomorrow.  The students are getting cabin fever as it was indoors all last week and today too.  So stay warm, stay bundled up!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 12:52 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
The town that got the direct hit by yesterday's tornado, looks even more horrific in the bright sunlight. Please pray for the residents of Adairsville, Georgia. They have lost everything, most of them.

Prayers going up. It's just awful to think about.

Sorry your hives are so bad. Glad to read you're feeling better now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 12:53 AM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
I spent all day yesterday with a dear family who just lost their mom/sister/wife/aunt/friend. I have been friends with this family since I went to nursing school with one of the sisters. And that was 48 years ago. It was a long, sad day, but also a fun, laughing day. They are a dear family.

Sorry for your loss Elaine. I'm glad you were able to have a good day with the survivors.

Elaine Phillips:
I found all the shop hop bunnies. I haven't done the shop hop in a long time.

Woo Hoo!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 12:55 AM | Locked

Thea,

Take it easy and I hope your back gets to feeling better soon. Glad the fall wasn't worse.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 12:55 AM | Locked

Joni:
I 'm experiencing irregular heart beats and some kind of fibrlation...He has upped one of my meds by double and wants me to come in for more tests and another appt in 6 weeks instead of usual 6months.  I knew this was coming, I'm much too short of breath, not getting enough oxygen and too much pain.

Praying for you Joni.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:01 AM | Locked

I'm playing catch up. My hard drive died Tuesday and I had to be without my laptop while they put in a new one. Just a one day turn around, picked it up and trying to get all my files loaded onto this new one.

This week has been a roller coaster with the weather. Ice storm Tuesday into Wednesday, followed by Stephen King weather (very heavy fog LOL) with temps in the 50s today high winds, downed trees and some power outages. Now we're at 15 degrees.  My body is reacting to the changes and I've had some major head and body aches. I haven't worked a full shift the past three days. TGIF.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:48 AM | Locked

Kris

I hope that headache goes away soon.  Feel better friend.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 3:21 AM | Locked

Hey Kris,    You'll have to go find them bunnies more often.   I won a grand prize of 50 yards of fabric last year.  Won tons of $10 certificates and a $25 bundle of neutrals too.  And for a free site, nothing better.  I told DH I wanted to win a sewing machine and he said 'Why??'   I have 4 and he thinks  that's 3 too many...lol   Silly man.    

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

Diana:

Hey Kris,    You'll have to go find them bunnies more often.   I won a grand prize of 50 yards of fabric last year.  Won tons of $10 certificates and a $25 bundle of neutrals too.  And for a free site, nothing better.  I told DH I wanted to win a sewing machine and he said 'Why??'   I have 4 and he thinks  that's 3 too many...lol   Silly man.    

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Good Job, Diana! I guess I'll have to spend more time bunny hunting! DH will be impressed that I even want to go. He'll probably think we need to go to Cabela's for huntin' gear. LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:52 AM | Locked

Diana:

I won a grand prize of 50 yards of fabric last year.  Won tons of $10 certificates and a $25 bundle of neutrals too. 

Congratulations!!!  I haven't been participating in the shop hop thing, but I would love to see one of the winners be from QCA.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 8:14 AM | Locked

Carolyn, I did it a few times and won a $10. gift cert each time. But, never to really great shops. Only to shops that really didn't have much I wanted.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 8:59 AM | Locked

School shooting in South East Atlanta yesterday. Very dangerous getto area. Only sent in  black reporters. A 14 y.o. boy on Price Middle School campus was shot by a man/young man/boy (didn't hear that). Didn;t hear his age just that he was "in custody'. They said that the shooter was taken into custody by the School Resource officer. Don't know if the officer was armed or not. Didn't hear mention of this shooting, on the national news. The boy suffered a flesh wound to the head. God was sure with him yesterday. Have no idea what the reasone was, and won't speculate. School was in "hard" lock down all afternoon, some kids not release until 5:30 yesterday evening. The Swat team swept the school, though the shooting took place in the school yard. They thought there was a 2nd shooter. Found a gun in a breezway. Didn't get up early enough to get the local news, this a.m., so don't know anymore then this. And the beat goes on......

Got some more work done on my first quiltie. Am doing applique, machine. It looks really awful. But, will go with it.  Not giving up. Will show it to y'all when it is done. Which better be quick, as it has to be in the mail by the 10th. And, I will just peice the 2dn one. Much quicker for me.

Still hived today. Will have to take another Valium, this a.m. If they are not considerably better by noon, Dr. will prescribe Prednisone. Hate that stuff. Puts weight on me. Even the Medrol Dose Pak that is only taken for a week. My cross to bear. God never said it would be easy. He just promised it would be worth it.

Have a wonderful day. Thea, stay up right. Marsha, take care of that man and yourself. Elaine, deepest sympathies on loss of your friend's relative.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 9:13 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Carolyn, I did it a few times and won a $10. gift cert each time. But, never to really great shops. Only to shops that really didn't have much I wanted.

I think a person needs to look at those $10 certificates as "free shipping."   Unfortunately, ten dollars doesn't buy much these days.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 394 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 392 393 394 395 396 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use