Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 393 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 391 392 393 394 395 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 593
Points 9,425
Joyce replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:52 PM | Locked

Hi Nana:  We had around 70 today also but then some rain tonight strong winds.  I have been trying to write without doing it on a reply but nothing shows up to write.  I did try one forum and it denied me so I tried to join that group and I still could not post.  I have been part of this forum but still do not see how to post.  I wonder if I will every learn my way around this site. 

Thanks

Joyce

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:13 PM | Locked

That's ok Patti.  I wasn't down on any particular  ethnic group[y...Just griping while I watch many in my church live in enormous pain because they cannot afford much needed surgery and pain meds because they cannot afford basic health care.

I too watch others of all races struggle legal and illegal.   But it burns my b**** to see illegals get great care when those I hold near and dear don't.  It has already started that many hospitals, Drs. and Dentist won't take you if you don't have insurance...But if anyone thinks Obamacare is going to change that just wait.  He is already talking of reducing Medicare benefits and Military Grrrr!

So glad I went to church tonite to remind me that I should just back off and leave it all in God's hand. DONE!  Now to get on with the wonderful life that I have and enjoy every minute.  The message was exactly what I needed and it never fails to lighten my burdens....burdens?  What burdens!

I just want to saddle up my beautiful Princesa and  go for a long, long ride.  Then maybe I'll get back to quilting.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:03 PM | Locked

Thanks Joni, I was too harsh though. 

But I know what you mean about health care.  It's sad when so many do without the care they need.  It's especially sad when I see those who have worked hard all their lives, were generous in giving to others in need, and saved for their own 'rainy day.'  Then they lose it all in a week. 

A Canadian social worker called me about an illegal American who needed treatment.  She was shocked to find that if the illegal did return home and got medicare, medicare would still only pay 80%, and then with paying a premium for the medicare B. 

And how can our same medications, often from the same producer, cost so much more here than elsewhere? 

And I have a friend who had out-patient surgery today, because come Feb 1, the doctor will no longer take medicare patients.  And he was the closest doc for the surgery she needed, 2 hours away! 

I don't know what the answer is for healthcare in the US.   But whenever we try to do something, there are too many lobbyists and too much pressure put on congress to save the big insurance companies who don't want to lose what they have.   I don't think congressional members should get health insurance benefits.  If they had to purchase their own insurance, they might understand what the people they represent are experiencing. 

I hope you are feeling better soon.  It's scary not knowing what your heart is doing.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:30 PM | Locked

Patti

They can't get Federal or State funded services here either.  You have to be able to show a government ID and lots of other stuff to even get food from places like Manna House which supplies to the needy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:33 PM | Locked

Joyce

You have to hit quick reply in someone else's post to post to the site.  It is perfectly right to do it this way.  Just make sure to put the name of the person you are really responding to or you can just post something totally new without putting a name.    Now in the groups section you usually have to join the group to be able to post but you will still need to click on reply in someone's post.   Hope this helps.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105
Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:20 PM | Locked

Patti:

Joni:
it gets my goat when illegals get free government services

This statement is probably about 90% untrue.  States do very, but I will tell you what they get in WA state.  Only emergency medical. And only 11 states provide that.  Life saving treatment.  If you have a chronic illness that causes you to go blind.  No help.

Gee Patti, I guess they should all move to Illinois. Sometimes we just need to blow off some steam. I guess this should be a forbidden topic in a quilting forum because I'm sure I'm not the only one with pretty strong opinions. I'll leave it at that. Happy quilting everyone. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

Thanks Maggie.  It's back to quilting.  One of the things I like best about this site, is the lack of political debate. 

As soon as I posted what I did, I had second thoughts.  So I am going to delete what I said so others won't have to see it.  (Now it will just drive them crazy with curiosity.)

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:23 AM | Locked

Well I made it back home.  Too late to sew.  FIL wouldn't drink stuff for ct scan and drs, think hes got an obstruction he'll probably be released BIL says hes got to prepare for end.  Tomorrow will be tomorrow everything is in gods hands.  All I can do is be there when they want me.  FIL isn't holding anything down.  I'm thinking maybe a twisted intestine I'm hoping ct without the contrast will show something.  I'm gonna have to visit dentist soon I have a tooth waking up.  

I"d like to stay up all night and quilt but that would probably be a bad idea in light of the developing situation.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:03 AM | Locked

Today?

Gonna take a nice warm shower, dress and then mop the floors.  Then hope to work on quilting some pillow tops I'm making for future presents.

Oops, gotta go and check horses water and throw out some hay, they totally wiped out that 1200 # bale of Rye.  Then back to the sewing machine, today temps not conducive to riding, extremely cold.

Thanks for bearing with my frustrations yesterday...it helped to vent a little.  I've certainly read many vents over the years, no judgements (BTW the statement was definitely not 90% untrue, I was speaking from personal experience with my own friends and family) just praying I always lift them up in their time of need.  There are so many of us on here with strong medical needs, and many I read who cannot afford what they need.  I shall continue to keep them in my prayers. (I do not feel this is a forbidden topic, I read worse and who better to turn to than ones friends, be they online of off)

Looking forward to a fruitful day today and a fun morning Saturday quilting with my Kingdom Quilters.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:04 AM | Locked

Joyce:
We had around 70 today also but then some rain tonight strong winds.  I have been trying to write without doing it on a reply but nothing shows up to write.  I did try one forum and it denied me so I tried to join that group and I still could not post.  I have been part of this forum but still do not see how to post.  I wonder if I will every learn my way around this site. 

Joyce,

It takes a while to learn all the things you can do on this site.  Please don't give up.

Go to the top of this page.  There is a wide red bar all the way across the top of the page (just below the QCA logo).  On the left side of that red bar click on the word "HOME".   That should take you to a page with your profile in the middle of the page. 

Look to the left side of that "Home" page.  You should see "Welcome to QCA" in black letters.  Below that there should be several lines of subjects in red letters.  Click on "Frequently Asked Questions".   That will take you to another page.

Look down the left side of that page (you may have to scroll down a little bit) for the subject "Participating in the Community".  There are several 'How to's" listed under that heading.  How to use the message boards, post pictures, etc.

Hope this helps!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

It is sunny and beautiful out side  - the phone rang early this morning and woke me up - grrr - those 800 #s - they need to wait till a reasonable hour.  I was unable to sleep last night because of my poor back side - oh it is healing but painful - teehee - Anyway since when I laid down it hurt I was up quite a bit - started some new projects that are simple to do... will post pictures when all done over in Group.  I am hoping for a productive day!  Lots to do!  Christine's month 8 needs working on - only 14 of the same block - teehee - only about 60 pieces in each block - oh my - busy work it will take me away - kind of reminds me of a calgon commercial.  Plus, have to finish up my new project that I started last night - and measure Kristie's block so I can get going on my borders... 

I have house work to do to... the kitchen floor needs a scrubbing... spot cleaning is making a dull floor so sometime today I'll try and clean the whole thing.  Then figure ot something for dinner tonight - thinking roast - Thursday should be a roast day!  Sounds good - now to get myself up and out of this chair and motivated.... ooops didn't happen yet...teehee...

Have a great day!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Hope everyone enjoys their daily adventures today. Praying for happy hearts to over-ride aching bodies...

I was greeted with a big toothy grin and laughing baby eyes this morning, so of course my day is off to a cheerful start. Alas we'll be out the door shortly for a long day in the city.  Poor Sprout won't hang onto his smile for very long in the car seat...  :S

When we're all done,Thea...I'm coming to your house for dinner. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:01 PM | Locked

I just heard FIL was admitted waiting for DH to come home its white out driving conditions i hop we don't go out tonight.  

Though I did run to fabric store after tracking down which store it was that I didn't get enough yardage from.  

Hope everyone is doing ok today.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:13 PM | Locked

Good afternoon, Ladies. Beautiful sunny, though cold, day here.

The town that got the direct hit by yesterday's tornado, looks even more horrific in the bright sunlight. Please pray for the residents of Adairsville, Georgia. They have lost everything, most of them. How do you survivie, though they did, having tornadic winds pick up you car on the freeway, along with many other's, and throw it down elsewhere. I would just die on the spot.

Had to go to doctor ,early this a.m. Hives were about worst I have ever had them. Doc theory is that the fear we had, yesterday, while in the closet, set off the bad reaction. He has three of "me", people with chronic hives, in his practice. We were all in there, first thing this a.m. So, must be. Called Ron, when I was done. He said he feels that is, also, a spiritual problem. HAd me come home, go to my quiet place, by myself and get into the word. I prayed, read and prayed more. Went to sleep and woke up relaxed and calm. Doctor had said go home take Valium and lie down. No Valuim just read the Word. Then, I got up hours later, had some lunch and went into sew. All of  a sudden, I just started shaking violently.Said prayers,  took a Valium!!. Better now. Will have special prayer and anointing at Church ,Sunday.

So, my quiltie is a first, with what I am doing. Hope it turns out well. Jim thinks it is totally cute. I just love him. photo to follow.

HAae a good rest of the day. I have buttons and bees to sew.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 16,015
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 4:14 PM | Locked

ls2116:
just heard FIL was admitted
    Is2116, prayers for your FIL ,DH, you and family. My thoughts are with you, as you struggle through this trying time and such horrid weather, too.    Hugs,   Susan

Page 393 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 391 392 393 394 395 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use