Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 390 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 388 389 390 391 392 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:13 PM | Locked

1st day off this week.  Got laundry done and worked on pillowcases while loads were going.  Our thermometer on the porch read 76 but it was in the sun.  It did get really warm today so we could prop the door to the screened porch open for the cats.  Dogs enjoyed their walk but were panting by the time we got back -- winter coats and all.  :o(  Brushed them when we got back to the yard.  They are so bad - they sit down when you try to do their "back ends".  Then they wonder why the get knots back there.  They look so nice when I can get their "feathers" all brushed out pretty but you have to hold them up so they can't sit down to do it. 

Tomorrow i will tackle my first pillow for the cat tower.  I will probably cut the foam rubber out in the shed since the piece David brought me is huge!

I think both Dave and Todd are finally on the mend.  Both have been fighting terrible colds.  Todd - being stubborn - went in to work Sat. and Sun.  when he probably should have stayed home in bed!  He did sound 100% better when I talked to him this afternoon.  Dave felt well enough after lunch to walk out to the mailboxes.  At lest he didn't get all crazy and go hacking down privet.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:43 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Kris:

Thanks for sharing the picture of you three lovely ladies, Kris.  It made me smile!   Who's taking the picture, by the way?

Auto timer on the camera. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:48 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

So did Kris, Pat and Marie go to a quilt shop?????? 

No Marge. We stayed in. We had our own shop right there at the house.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,485
Points 138,273
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:50 PM | Locked

Kris:

Here's a photo from last Saturday. Pat Ann and I took a drive down to Marie's  for the day. I'm loving her new do.

Looking great girls!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 6:28 PM | Locked

Kris, Marie and Pat.  great picture of the 3 of you.

Barbara, your quilting is amazing!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 6:58 PM | Locked

Barbara, very nice

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:35 PM | Locked

Barbara, you are doing such beautiful work.  Now the 11 quilts that you will be quilting will be some amazing!  I hope you will share pictures of the quilted mat els.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:49 PM | Locked

Stephanie:

Kris:

Here's a photo from last Saturday. Pat Ann and I took a drive down to Marie's  for the day. I'm loving her new do.

Looking great girls!

i agree, you ladies look great!  Sure looks like you are having fun!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:23 PM | Locked

Thanks Nancy , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:24 PM | Locked

thanks Patti

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:22 PM | Locked

Kris:

Didn't do much today. Went to work and came home in a s**w storm. It's still coming down and they say it will change to ice. YUCK!

Three lovely ladies! You sure look like you are having a great time. Thank you for sharing.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,336
Points 414,639
gini replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 2:58 AM | Locked

my gosh, it has taken forever to get through all the posts.  everyone is doing such wonderful work.

marge, not many short plump people ski.  they make boots to fit the standard foot and leg.  i'm special.  it took 4 nice guys, i.e., ski hunks ( marie maybe you should take up ski boot shopping, this was quite fun) 2 days, of playing with, er, handling, uh, measuring and observing my feet and legs before they figured out how to deconstruct then build me a boot. 

i'm jealous of you three getting to spend the day together.  

barbara,  your FM skill are incredible, you should be very proud of yourself. 

we spent the weekend in seattle with our daughter and boyfriend.  her MIL  introduced her as the "vessel carrying  grandchild"  which didn't sit too well with her.   i thought it was funny.  it's hard for me to be on my best behavior with her.    it's like walking through a verbal landmind when i'm with her,  anyway, serendipitously, the "vessel"  was having an ultrasound the day after we got there, i got to attend, she is beautiful,  and we are having another granddaughter.   the two names they are toying with i like.  elza, after my grandmother or eira (pronounced ira)  no middle name, they thought maybe she could pick her own middle name down the road.   

we had to go to seattle for a funeral,  we lost one very lovely lady  and friend to ovarian cancer, i know she is now lighting up heaven with her smile.  

then i got sick, bronchitis, so we left as early as we could on sunday so we didn't further infect "the vessel".  she's going to be pretty unhappy with me if  she gets it.   we got home sunday and sam planned a dinner party on monday.  korean / sushi, sam made most of the kim chees, and they were really good, however, i have now infected half of sandpoint, oh well.   this morning sam started coming down with it, decided to go skiing to work it off and came home in terrible shape, the dummkopf, then cracked a rib or pulled a muscle coughing.  

as soon as he is better i will get the pictures of the  kids'  quilts on here.   they did pretty good at the auction. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:37 AM | Locked

Thnaks  Gini, look foward to seeing the kids quilts ,Hope you are feeling better,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,114
Points 14,370
Dawn replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:14 AM | Locked

Yesterday we woke to 56 degrees and rain, today 31 and snow.  Gotta love Iowa!  I have a dentist appt, but they are talking 3 to 7 inches, thinking it won't be worth it.  Also supposed to bowl, again, not worth it.  All the schools are closed and since it rained yesterday I am sure the roads are not going to be good.  Hoping I can at least get to Dr. tomorrow for blood work . . .

DH went to work, nothing stops that man!  He hasn't let me know if he has gotten there yet, but sometimes he has to put out "fires" as soon as he gets there.

Will try to quilt, the sun isn't out, so harder for me to see the marks to quilt.  Well, everyone feel better, stay safe and have a fantastic day!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:38 AM | Locked

Dawn,its the same here . wind is really howling and snowing , we are not suppose to get much but its sure coming down at this point. guess the temp is going to be dropping here for the next few days and the are taking 8 by tomorrow night ..burr gald I don't have to get out in it .. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 390 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 388 389 390 391 392 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use