Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 388 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 386 387 388 389 390 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 8:20 AM | Locked

Thank you Carolyn.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 8:46 AM | Locked

Unfortunately, I haven't found any sort of class for that around here. I'd love to take one, though...or two...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,129
Points 14,595
Dawn replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 8:52 AM | Locked

Oh my word Barbara!  How gorgeous is that?!!!  Wow!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:06 AM | Locked

Linda:
Pipes were frozen, so had to put the heater on them to thaw them out.
"'Tis the season"!!  I spent 3 days the end of last week thawing and then repairing the damage.  Our shower froze up.  To fix the problem, I had to remove an old wall which contained most of the plumbing in the house (an ancient farmhouse with plumbing and electrical as an add-on when technology was available).  The wall was added to give a place to hide the pipes.  I insulated when we installed the bathroom but SQUIRRELS decided to sabbotage (sp) us.  Squirrel nests and bare outside walls!!!  Poor itchy baby squirrels - fiberglas is not a good nest, soft but prickly! 

When I got the water thawed it still just trickled in the shower.  This happened before - flakes of minerals come off the pipes when thawing and plug up the valve.  I have had to take it apart and clean it before, but this time the set-screw on the handle set up and coundn't be removed.  The hacksaw and a new valve almost solved that - - - but the new valve needed different adapters for the pipes, so I spent 1 day unsoldering and resoldering copper pipe fittings.  I finally had the shower working by Friday night so Rich could start his antibacterial scrubbing of his knee before yesterday's surgery  (3 nights of antibacterial soap, special antibacterial wash, etc.  - infection prevention over-kill!!)  His surgery went well (partial knee - lucky guy) and he is coming home this afternoon (not-so-lucky ME.) 

Linda:
Started phys. therapy on Friday so I'm trying to fit that into the daily routine.
  I am right there with you on the physical therapy again.  I started 3 weeks ago - the muscles behind by "fake knee" knotted up even though I have been trying to keep up with SOME exercises.  This nasty fibromyalgia loves to tighten and knot muscles.  Most of the exercises are ok, ultrasound therapy helps, but the best help is massaging the knots - but that is very painful.  She has to massasge the lumps with her thumbs to get them to relax and hopefully release.  After Wed's therapy one knot now feels like peas-in-a-pod along the muscle. Unfortunately, with Rich's knee surgery, I haven't seen her since last Wednesday and because of the 50 mile trips to and from the hospital and the furniture moving, etc to accomodate his walker, I haven't even been able to work on my knee at home - too exhausted and in pain to think of it.  Hope to see her tomorrow, If Rich's needs don't interfere.  That session takes nearly 3 hours - 1 hour to get there (30 "country" miles) 1 hour of torture, then 1 hour home again!

For someone who doesn't have time to read or respond on here, I have really been "windy" today.  I needed to vent, and you gave me the incentive.  Thanks, Linda.  Hope your hurting eases.  A good night's sleep last night helped me.  I can almost walk  - almost pain-free (what is that?) for now, but it is just 10:00 AM......

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:27 AM | Locked

Thank you Dawn, I 'm trying really Hard to make them good . Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:48 AM | Locked

Kris:
Here's a photo from last Saturday. Pat Ann and I took a drive down to Marie's  for the day. I'm loving her new do

Nice picture ladies! Marie, your DO is just gorgeous on you!!!. You look like a new person! Hope you all had a nice visit . Im a little envious as Im from Worcester, just a stones throw away from you Marie. Hope to be able to meet you one day when I go up there again. All my family is still there.    Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,709
Points 38,280
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

So I guess patternlet is pattern anyway they are very cute!

Today at least I'm not freezing.  Played musical furniture this morning.  I'm gonna start cutting fabric now but I should be cooking.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,709
Points 38,280
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:33 AM | Locked

Barbara wow!  That block is gorgouse!  Do you mark your lines or is it not marked where your sewing? 

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

Kris, Marie and Pat-Ann...I wish I'd been there giggling with you. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Barbara, are you sure you are the same gal who was afraid to try FMQ? That looks GRRrrrreat!!!!

Sukochi, those patterns are just too darn cute. I really don't need another project and there ya go dangling new eye-canndy in front of me. That's not nice.... LOL.  Hope LQS therapy helps heal those hives.

The boys don't have school today (PIR Day) and hubby has a day off, so I had the happy delusion that I'd get to sleep in today. Haha. The Joke's on Mom. DD's bus broke down and I had to drive her to school. I got home and DH announced that we have to go to town ...Now why couldn't he have gotten up and just combined the trip to town with the 'school bus' run...??  *sigh*  So I'm off again./ Oh well, I really needed to get out of hte house and see that the world still exists anyway. I've been too much of a homebody lately.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:15 AM | Locked

Sheila:

Great picture, Kris! Having never met you, can you tell me who is who?

Sheila,

Thanks. I'm in blue, Pat in grey, and Marie in purple.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:19 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Today I'm doing some actual quilting trying to get some of the 11 quilts I have to do . this is what I did this morning in FMQ group . Barbara

I love it Barbara. WTG.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,726
Points 66,520
Bonita replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:31 AM | Locked

Looks like you lovely ladies are having a good time. Thanks for shareing with us.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,726
Points 66,520
Bonita replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:33 AM | Locked

Good thing I'm typing because I can't talk with my jaw hanging down. Beautiful quilting Barbara.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

Kris

You gals are all looking great.  Marie's new do is gorgeous.  Wish I was going to see all of you soon but I guess I will have to be content with seeing you in Oct.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:36 AM | Locked

Barbara

Great job on the quilting as usual.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 388 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 386 387 388 389 390 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use