Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 385 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 383 384 385 386 387 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:58 PM | Locked
Hi Joyce, it doesn't sound dumb. It took me a few tries to figure things out. At the top left of the 'Message Boards' page, you'll see Forums**Discussions**Off Topic. or which ever thread where you want to post. You should see "Write a new post". Getting to that point was what was holding me up. Hope it works for you. Hugs, Donna in Oregon
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,367
Points 37,265
Linda replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:28 PM | Locked

Sukochi - prayers for you I wish they could solve your problem. It's been going on for such a long time now. I used to get hives all the time, then the doctor tested me for allergies.

Yesterday I went to do laundry which is in my sunroom because I can't go up/down basement steps. Pipes were frozen, so had to put the heater on them to thaw them out. Finally got my laundry done late this afternoon. I keep asking my uncle to wrap those pipes. That is priority #1 when he comes over tomorrow to fix the side garage door.

Started phys. therapy on Friday so I'm trying to fit that into the daily routine. My body hurts so I'm off to bed and rest my body and my eyelids that just don't want to stay open much longer.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

I checked on my DS to make sure she made it home to Fla. and she was so excited to tell me she sat next to this lady on the plane that has traveled to uganda and had people make up designs for her for applique in which she then puts in wall hanging , quilts etc. that she is starting a business and is having dificulty with the selling aspect of it.  I didn't write down the correct search thing but anyway DS wants me to get in touch with her.  My Ds is pure encouragement as far as anything I make but she hasn't seen the work of everyone here because my rank isn't that high.  I think the lady's name is chris mitchler .

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 10:53 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
My hives are huge, red and hot.
     Sukochi, Could it be a reaction yo a medicine you are taking ? My coworker was taking a cholesterol lowering med, do not no which one, and had huge hives all over her body for several months. After going through months of allergy tests and always coming back negative she decided to stop her stattin drug for cholesterol and they disappeared. Come to find out she was allergic to lidacane. Hope this helps, you.I will be praying for you.   Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:51 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
No Church today. My hives are huge, red and hot. I feel awful. Off to the doc tomorrow for a steriod shot. Been taking three benedryl so have slept all day.

Feel better soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:55 AM | Locked

Marsha,

I'm impressed by, and in awe of, your plumbing skills. Here's wishing a speedy recovery for your hands. Prayers also for your DH and hi surgery.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:55 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Yup - I think that will be my project for my days off this week.

Marge,

if you pull it off the cats would be in heaven. Be sure to post a photo.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:57 AM | Locked

Nan,

I hope you feel better soon too.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:05 AM | Locked

Today is just another day, it seems.  My cleaning lady comes sometime today if she doesn't have to work at the school.  She gets called at last minute, works in lunch room and usually finishes at about 1:30 p.m.  She usually comes in the mornings but today it could be this afternoon.  She's been unemployed and started cleaning to make extra money.  Her husband was also unemployed but he's finally found a steady job.  She works at the school just when they call her but at least it's a start.  She's hoping to get it permanent when someone retires.  I don't have her do all the cleaning, but the vacuum and I don't like each other.  My arthritis in my back screams so she does that plus cleaning bathrooms and steam clean the bathroom and kitchen floors.  I do my own dusting and such.  She doesn't charge a lot so I can afford it.  Once she even got paid in fabric cuz that was what she wanted.  She's also a quilter so we get along great.

Diana (East) in East Tn.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:06 AM | Locked

Another card, ready to go.......

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

My hives are caused by auto imunie disease. My body is allerigc to itself. there is some part of me that  my body does not like. I have been tesed for every allery know to man, seen every kind of docotr there is, had these since 1998. This is finally a diagnosis. I take Doxpin, right now, for them. They control it for a time but then, body decided to throw me a curve ball and they just pop all over. I get a steriod shot and some prenisone for a week and they subside for awhile. It's just my cross to bear. We all have one. Mine is so much easier then some. Look at Linda, and Thea.  And my DH.

Oh, DH talked to his DB yesterday. That poor man is down to 154 pounds now. And, he is 6"2". They say he is getting better, but being that thin and using a walker, is not BETTER to me. He is in PT now. We still can't figure out how he got this and neither can the doctors. Nobody heard of this disease till he got it. He is the healthies man I now, or he used to be.

Have another two cards to make today. The theme is The Eye. This one will be fun.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:32 AM | Locked

Sukochi, your postcards are really cute! I think I now will have to explore Thea too...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:44 AM | Locked

Angele, why, and how, will you explore Thea!?!?

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

Sukochi - You get better soon! AND...I love your postcards! I'm going to have to try some of those one of these days!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

Marge - I definitely want to see a picture when you get it figured out! That sounds like something my DD needs for her two cats.

Marsha - I'm impressed with your skills, woman! My DH is a licensed plumber but, of course, it takes forever to get anything done at home. If I had your skills, I wouldn't have to wait on him...but, then again, I wouldn't get the pleasure of nagging him, either! ROFL!

Hope all of the sickness is going away for everyone here!

Linda - Definitely get those pipes wrapped. They even sell heated tape that you can get to wrap around the pipes but, it does use electricity. Living out in the country, I've had far too many frozen pipe episodes.

Page 385 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 383 384 385 386 387 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use