Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 384 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 382 383 384 385 386 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 1:03 PM | Locked

Marsha, well done on the plumbing. Good wishes on Rich's surgery tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 1:50 PM | Locked

gini:

We're off early for a day of boot fitting.  I love it when fitters boast about how good they are and how they can fit anyone.  I have brought more fitters to their knees than I can count.   One guy actively avoids me, turns and scurries the other direction when he sees me.

Funny - you looked "normal" to me when we met last year in VA Beach Gini.  Why don't the boot fitters like you???

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 2:21 PM | Locked

Sr. pastor was out today with a bad back so the 2nd in command preached.  He wen to the Old Testament Genesis!  Sometimes I think that Christian ministers forget that the Bible has both an Old and New Testament.  As I history nut, I love the Old Testament Plus always go to the Psalms! 

Came home and made Progresso Chicken noodle soup for my puny little hubby.  That plus a toasted cheese sandwich for a quick lunch.  I am thinking that he won't be going to the library for his volunteer work tomorrow.  He needs to get over this by the end of the week.  Next week he starts his AARP tax work two days a week. 

He had a brilliant idea this morning.  Todd made a frame out of PVC piping for a 4 level cat tower for our screened porch.  I have been fiddling around trying to come up with something for the "levels" for the cats to lay on.  This morning Dave came in the bathroom while I was getting ready for church and asked "why don't you just make pillows like you do for the shelters and put ties on them like the chair pads you made but put the ties on all four corners?"  By George - I think he has an idea there!  I even have a BIG slab of 2" thick foam rubber out in my shed that I could use.  Yup - I think that will be my project for my days off this week.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 2:28 PM | Locked

Marge, that will be like padded ahmmocks. The kitties will love it. Unless they are like my kitties, and like to sleep either on our bed, or, in the armiore behind the TV.

We have had teaching out of the Old Testament for several weeks now. In Joshua right now. Started this series in Numbers after the first of the year.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 2:47 PM | Locked

Great idea Marge!

i am feeling puny today with sore throat.  Lucky i have MD appt tomorrow. Just hanging out on the couch.

DGD in Hawaii apparently stole mom's credit card during the night and her kindle and charged 55 gmes to it. DD is livid. Amazon was good though, they refunded her the mney even though they say never on digital stuff. Yep hayley is just 8 and needless to say grounded again! DD has her hands full. Was going to let her visit for the summer but not so sure i can handle her.

maddie's mom finally called her but maddie got upset with her and told her so, maddie had clled her 3 times before she ever called back.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 2:47 PM | Locked

Great idea Marge!

i am feeling puny today with sore throat.  Lucky i have MD appt tomorrow. Just hanging out on the couch.

DGD in Hawaii apparently stole mom's credit card during the night and her kindle and charged 55 gmes to it. DD is livid. Amazon was good though, they refunded her the mney even though they say never on digital stuff. Yep hayley is just 8 and needless to say grounded again! DD has her hands full. Was going to let her visit for the summer but not so sure i can handle her.

maddie's mom finally called her but maddie got upset with her and told her so, maddie had clled her 3 times before she ever called back.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 3:26 PM | Locked

Well gals - right now it is just an idea.  I will have to see if I can pull it off or not.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,659
Points 37,415
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 3:57 PM | Locked

After dinner I'm just going to try to warm up I've been freezing all day and I have no other symptoms, but I sure wish I had a down blanket.  Where do you get your wool batting from I havn't seen it at joanns?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 4:32 PM | Locked

Is

I buy my wool batting at the LQS.  The one I use is a Quilter's Dream product.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 4:36 PM | Locked

Nana, living in Georgia, you can't buy wool batting at the LSQ. Have no clue why. Makes no sense to me. I would buy mine, online if I needed some. Might find a better price, too.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 5:14 PM | Locked

Must be the dampness in the air that is bothering you , Is.  I have seen the wool batting at my Joann's . It seemed to be on the end of the wire shelves that hold the other poly , cotton and bamboo batts.  It also comes by the yard.   Look hard in the area of the quilt stuffings and you will probavly find it.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 5:49 PM | Locked

A busy Sunday here. I was able to sneak an hour off to make a postcard earlier (It's Sukochi's fault! She put the idea in my head and it wouldn't leave!!) then  had to take DS1 to his guitar lesson, which we had to rush home from in time to get DD to her religious ed class...  Now It's time to think about making supper already. Where has the day gone?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 544
Points 8,565
Joyce replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 6:27 PM | Locked

This is going to sound dumb but how do I post a new msg. I only know how to do a reply.

thanks Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 6:33 PM | Locked

Oh Sukochi I'm so sorry you have to go through these hives again. I hope they can relive your pain when you see the doctors tomorrow.  Will say a prayer for you.

Marsha, good job on the plumbing.  I will keep your DH in my thoughts and prayers for his surgery tomorrow.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 6:46 PM | Locked

I had a great weekend. After finishing my dear friend's quilt, I went for a walk in the bush. Today with the sun out, I went for a hour long snow shoe track. It felt great.  Now to catch up on what I haven't done in the house this weekend... Oh well it will still be there tomorrow I guess. Lol

Angèle  from NWO

Page 384 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 382 383 384 385 386 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use