Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 383 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 381 382 383 384 385 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Dabbie, how can you say you aren't good at it? That's a great necklace!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Cute necklace Debbie.  Did you do the carving of the wolf?  It's quite nice.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:49 PM | Locked

Thanks CC and Angele. I did not do the carving. Wish I could do something like that. I bought the carved stone off ebay. Actually have a few of them.Birds, Fish, cats, hearts. My son was on a Baseball team called the wolf pack. So I did the wolf. And I planned to do more and never got around to it.

Angele:

Cute necklace Debbie.  Did you do the carving of the wolf?  It's quite nice.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:27 PM | Locked

Its a lovely necklace Debbie. Why do we all say that the things we make are not perfect? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Today I have been quilting round 3 of a mystery quilt. I actually kept up. I have a little bit more to do as we have bonded fabric leaves and then I will be shown how to stitch them on using my machine. I am a bit of a novice and have not done anything like this before but Claire is a fab teacher and so so patient ( she used to teach nursery and primary !) I am really pleased with what I have done so far and think I will be very pleased with the finished product. 2 more rounds to go!

We had heavy snow last night but today has been much warmer and it is melting very quickly. Trouble is some parts of the country now have flood warnings. Very strange weather!

x

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,656
Points 37,385
ls2116 replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:07 PM | Locked

I'm going to try to design on eq7 asDH has taken over the tv

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 5:23 AM | Locked

Thanks Leslie, It is a pretty necklace, I am just not sure how it will stay together while wearing it. lol The stone is heavy.

Your mystery quilt sounds like fun. Looking forward to pictures.

We are going to have freezing rain later today. So going for a Sunday breakfast then staying home this afternoon.

Deb

Lesley:

Its a lovely necklace Debbie. Why do we all say that the things we make are not perfect? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Today I have been quilting round 3 of a mystery quilt. I actually kept up. I have a little bit more to do as we have bonded fabric leaves and then I will be shown how to stitch them on using my machine. I am a bit of a novice and have not done anything like this before but Claire is a fab teacher and so so patient ( she used to teach nursery and primary !) I am really pleased with what I have done so far and think I will be very pleased with the finished product. 2 more rounds to go!

We had heavy snow last night but today has been much warmer and it is melting very quickly. Trouble is some parts of the country now have flood warnings. Very strange weather!

x

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 6:46 AM | Locked

Debbie, I read in a blog, the other day, that when someone gives you a compliment on your work, just say "thank you". We are ALL critical of our work, from time to time. I always say to people who tell me a quilt made is beautiful "If you knew how to quilt, you wouldn't say that." 

Think of the fact that our talents are God given. Enough said.......

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:36 AM | Locked

well you made me cry. Thank you.

It was nice meeting you all.

Deb

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Debbie, I read in a blog, the other day, that when someone gives you a compliment on your work, just say "thank you". We are ALL critical of our work, from time to time. I always say to people who tell me a quilt made is beautiful "If you knew how to quilt, you wouldn't say that." 

Think of the fact that our talents are God given. Enough said.......

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,656
Points 37,385
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

Been working ot some hiccups on computer as I have one computer with 4 people using it and everyone sets it up differently to what I like.  Worked with eq7 last nite I think I figured out how to make my braid quilt its all in the appearance of a simple block square in square. The positioning of colors I think is the key to get my 3 row look well i'll leave out the details for now but I have a workable pattern at last!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 9:47 AM | Locked

Oh!!! Wait!!! There it is!!! The sun!! NOPE just clouded over.  Well at least the FOG is Gone and I can see more than to the end of the driveway.  The Ice has melted off of everything and the streets are drying up.  I hope this storm front is big enough to lift the top off of the inversion.  Good morning from smoggy Utah.

I went to WIM yesterday. we walked for a half an hour and then I did circut training for an hour.  Felt good.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 10:55 AM | Locked

chocake2:
wasted some time this AM getting a few pics of my latest beads....

That time wasn't wasted!!  I love them!!  Of course, I am an owl nut - used to have owl pictures all over the house.A granddaughter gave me a fluffy white owl ornament last year - has down feathers and pine needle feet.  This Christmas the kids gave me a large stuffed owl for the fun of it.

I haven't been on for a while - just reading in the background when I have a few minutes.  I was over a week behind.  Life has gotten in the way of quilting here - haven't worked on a quilt for over 2 weeks.  I did make an inside quilted flannel cover for our airconditioner.  It is not fun to be airconditioned when it is below zero.  Spent 3 days the end of this week thawing water pipes, repairing breaks, and replacing shower faucets.  Of course the new faucet set was plumbed entirely opposite from the old one, so had a lot of soldering to do on the copper pipes.  Rich has no faith in me - - - he said, "want me to go down and turn on the water to see where you have leaks"?  Unlike him, I rarely have leaks with my soldering!  Everything was fine and we finally have a shower after 4 days of none.  Rich had to go to the doctor Friday for his pre-op checkup and wondered how he was going to get a shower.  I said - wash basin and washcloth - something he never had to do before now.  I know much more about roughing it than he does.  He is having a partial knee replacement tomorrow morning, so I guess the next few days will also be quiltless.  My hands need time to heal from the plumbing mess - I had to tear out a 100 plus year old wall to get to the plumbing.  The other way was remove the shower surrround, and I was not going there!  The wall needed to be rebuilt anyway, and removing it showed the cause of the freezing - - squirrel nests and bare outside walls.  Fortunately I had insulation on hand.  That old rough lumber did a number on my hands - splinters galore. 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

Marsh,  I am impressed with your talent.  I haven't gone that far yet as to do my own plumbing,  but building stuff and refinishing stuff is satisfying.  Lots of Luck to DH for his upcoming surgery tomorrow.  I will say a prayer for him.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 12:14 PM | Locked

Marsha

WTG on the plumbing.  Hope Rich's surgery goes well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 12:40 PM | Locked

I Ditto Nana, Marsha.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 12:57 PM | Locked

Wow, Marsha, you could have a home improvement show. I got a wild hair once and repalced the counter topa nd shick in my son's bedroom. Went great. Thought Jim would faint dead awy. I couldn't beleive it didn't leak.

No Church today. My hives are huge, red and hot. I feel awful. Off to the doc tomorrow for a steriod shot. Been taking three benedryl so have slept all day.

Later, Ladies. Marsha, prays up for Richard.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Page 383 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 381 382 383 384 385 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use