Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 376 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 374 375 376 377 378 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:44 PM | Locked

Quiet here. I'm catching up on laundry, and trying to get motivated to put fresh bedding on boys' beds. I wasted some time this AM getting a few pics of my latest beads.... I think they need a quitled ttree to hang out in. Perhaps I'll fallow Sukochi's lead and make a post car d w/ them

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:47 PM | Locked

Diana - they are talking about ice down here in GA too.  Our home is all electric so we are SOL if the power goes out.  :o(

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:47 PM | Locked

And here's amuch better pic of the hephalump I made a couple weeks ago...

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

CC - your little owls brought to mind "weebles wobble but they don't fall down".  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:49 PM | Locked

Prayers going up for those of you in the storms path. Stay warm and stay safe!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:51 PM | Locked

Once a great ice storm hit the farmyard. All of the lifestock were struggling to stay on their feet. The cow noticed that her mate did not seem to be sharing in their difficulty. She asked him why, and he replied... "We Bulls wobble, but we don't fall down."

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:54 PM | Locked

CC

The owls are absolutely precious.  I love birds of all kinds and owls are at one of the top spots.  Great work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:56 PM | Locked

Sukochi

There are black and white chihuahuas.   They are really precious.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,765
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

Marge,  When we lived up north, our house was all electric but we had a wood stove.  It was our only source of heat the first year we lived there until we put in central heat.  That wood stove was a life saver a couple times.  I was making chicken and dumplings for dinner.  Wood stove was cranking away and the power went out.   Moved pot of dumplings to top of wood stove and kept going.  Of course, we had dinner by candlelight that evening. 

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:21 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I am being a bit lazy

Marge, if that's what you call lazy, I must be dead!  Whew, I'm tired just reading about your day.

I did get my DGS's Peanuts quilt top done, put the last border on and now I'm tired.  My DGGS's quilt is partly sewn.  I'm going to post a pic so I could get everyone's ideas of how to proceed.  Would you put sashing in between rows, how would you border it, etc.?  I have plenty of leftover fabric from the large one, just need to make the crib sized one now.  This is the finished top, the binding will be the red fabric and I'm going to back it with a blue flannel, it's 68" x 83".  The bottom one is the start of the crib or floor quilt for him to play on.  This is the one I'll try the fleece backing on when finished.  Right now it measures 16.5" x 25" when I get the rows sewn together.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:31 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Quiet here. I'm catching up on laundry, and trying to get motivated to put fresh bedding on boys' beds. I wasted some time this AM getting a few pics of my latest beads.... I think they need a quitled ttree to hang out in. Perhaps I'll fallow Sukochi's lead and make a post car d w/ them

CC, your owls are just the cutest things!  Did you make them to hang on a chain, they'd make adorable and fun necklaces.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:35 PM | Locked

CC, you are getting better and better with your bead making, your hephalump is adorable!!!!!!!!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:48 PM | Locked

Marie - I think that i would put something between the blocks. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:51 PM | Locked

Marie love the quilts. I suppose you could add sashing depending on how big you want to make the quilt. My eyes were confused for a minute as I couldn't make out the pattern. It looks different every time I look at the picture. Think I should take my distance glasses off!!

I have been to my quilt class tonight, did very little apart from chat. I did sort out the squares for my goddaughters Twister quilt but it is so good to have some adult girl talk instead of the banter that goes on at work. the talk from the guys at work is either football ( soccer) or "boy talk". To spend a couple of hours with some same minded females is great.

We are expecting snow here tomorrow and I have an all day quilt session Saturday morning, I have decided I will walk if I have to! Although the lady who teaches said her husband would come and pick me up if I can't get there in my car ( he has a 4 wheel drive).

Be glad when the weekend comes.

Hope you all keep warm and cosy.

x

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,615
Wendy replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:53 PM | Locked

An Ice storm?!!! in Utah?  I have lived here my whole life, and never seen such crazy weather.  The inversion is sooo bad that the air aloft is about 40 degrees. By the time the rain hits the ground in the inversion, where it is a whopping 18 degrees, It freezes instantly.  My car is a block of ice.  I hope that it didn't ruin the cloth top of my car.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 376 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 374 375 376 377 378 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use