Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 375 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 373 374 375 376 377 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 4:00 PM | Locked
Hi all, I posted something yesterday, but when the 'time' came I got ERROR. Well, by that time I just couldn't sit anymore (extremely bad back), so I didn't re-post it. Here's what I said in a nutshell: thanks to all for your suggestions regarding the sewing cabinet! I'm still curious about how to make my own "audition wall" though, so if anyone has any ideas and links... Also, I've never had my own sewing room so I was wondering if anyone might have the time and/or inclination to take a couple of pics and post them for me, so I could get some ideas of how to organize it. It's a small room, about 9 by 13 ft.(I'm getting really excited about this!) Angele, sorry to hear your home sick! Hope it's not the flu! Seems we have nearly an epidemic in some parts of the good ole' U S of A. Maybe you should start taking zinc. It shortens the duration and lessens the symptoms too! At any rate, get well soon! LaJuanSukochi, Ouch! Having a mole removed from your belly? That even sounds painful! And then having a tooth pulled the next day...??? Yikes!!! Take it from me.( Had to have ALL my teeth pulled about a year ago.) Ice is the ONLY thing that helps dental pain. Hang in there, the worst is hopefully over! Try not to worry, our oncologist told us that most moles are not cancerous. I know it's easier said than done, so in the meantime we'll pray that it's only a mole and nothing more! Barbara, wow! All those quilts? What a superwoman! Kris, congrats on aceing your test! If you don't mind sharing, what a you taking? Good for you whatever it is !!! Good luck! By the way, can someone tell me how to use a previous quote from someone else' comment, in my post? I just can't figure it out! Thanks! Big hugs to all! (Hope I didn't forget anyone!)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

Well done Kris, happy sewing tonight.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

Congratulations, Kris. Did you really have any doubt?? You are one smart cookie!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Hi Elaine!

Today I finished the 4th quilt top for the retreat center in AZ. It's too cold in my sewing room (sunroom) where my long tables are to start sandwiching them so I can quilt them. I have a heater  but it takes so long to heat up and it runs up the electric bill. My washer & dryer are out there too.

Over the weekend I made a wall hanging for the hall closet door for mittens and hats. I love it!

Indy just came in and announced  he really wants to go outside in that very cold air! Yuck! Stay warm everyone.

Hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

I got an new grand furbabiy. She is a 3 month old Teacup Chorkie  (chahuahua-yorkie). We met her on Skype last night. She is black and white. So cute. But I question the Vet's thoughts on her breed. There are no black and white yorkies or black and white chahuahuas that I have ever seen.  I have seen pur black chahuahuas.  They found her running down the street. It has been weeks now, with notices in the paper, flyers all over the nieghborhood where they found her, door to door contact. No one knows of a missing a little dog. They took her to the vet and got her shots. She weighs ony 2 pounds. They sell for $150 - 300.00. I just don't understand why the owner never came forward. Ami found her, running down the sidewalk, on her way home from work. At first, Ami thought it was a guinea pig! Till she got to her and saw she was a dog. They named her Emma. With the last name of Lee, she is Emalee. Too funny. They have two other dogs. A chug and a cockapoo. also, three cats, and a gold fish that is huge. I think it is part Koi! Too many animals, in my opinion. They both work, and Bobby works two jobs. Ami is home at night and all day Sunday and Bobby has half a day off a week.

Today, will finish another post card. Add the border to a wall hanging I had made early last year. Want to add a third  border and applique this big flower, I found in my new magazine, on it. It will be perfect over the bed.

We are to have cold temls and a wintery mix or rain and sleet tomorrow. If it happens.

Better get at it. Y'all have a wonderful day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

LaJuan all the yorkie pups I've seen are black and white as they get older the white turns to the tan color.  My DH has wanted a yorkie for a long time but around me their always wanting 700. and up.  Have fun with new pup, but be prepared for all the housebreaking.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 636
Points 9,445
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

Congratulations on your new fur-grand-baby, Sukochi.  So glad to hear she's no longer out in the cold.  If they DO have too many animals, I've been thinking of getting a new little princess (am actually picking up a new foster tonight).  I could definately help them out of a bind.  After all puppies are a lot of work.  And yes, Chihuahuas come in all colors and mixes of colors and even different coat types.  She sounds adorable and I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun with her.  Isn't it amazing how many little critters never find their way back home?  We I can also tell you that from a "petstore" these dogs go for a lot more around here.  Up and over a grand. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:35 AM | Locked

OMG Suckochi... You know better than to talk about a new puppy w/o pics!!!  Come on!!

Like IS said, their colors change.  My yorkie started out black and tan and now she's grey (or "blue") and tan....Here's my little princess as a baby (black hair) and then as an adult (grey hair).

Puppy Loralei:

Adult Loralei:

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

Welcoming Emmalee to the family.  2# you say?? I can't concieve of a doggy that small. Jen's past 90 now, I'm pretty certain... Emma would fit very nicely in the crook of her tail, I bet. Tell Bobbi that I'll trade them kibble bills.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Our Yorkie, Lily is black and tan. She will be two in Mar and is 10 pounds now. Her daddy was 7 pounds and her mama was 5. So, Lils is kinda on the fat side.

I don't have a picture to share. They haven't sent us one. I will have to get them to do that. She is just precious. I will ask for a picture.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

Carolyn, your Loralie is precious. What kind of fur-baby is that sitting on the back of the sofa?

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 11:37 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

What kind of fur-baby is that sitting on the back of the sofa?

Ajax is a brussels griffon.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:40 PM | Locked

I got tired of trying to sleep so I got up at 5 this morning.  After breakfast amd Bible reading, I hit the sewing room.  By the time Dave woke up at 7, I had sewn and stuffed 8 kitty pillows.  Now I have also hemmed and appliqued 8 fleece blankets for Project LInus and made some more potato bakers.  Picking my "coffee filter stablizer" out of the blanket stitches on the applique will keep my hands busy tonight while watching TV.  Then I ran to the trash / recycling center on the way to the post office to mail a couple of packages off.  By the time I got back, it was time to start making some vittles.  Really should go out and walk the dogs now but I am being a bit lazy.  Maybe I can talk Dave into going with me ' cause then I will do 3 laps instead of 2. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:51 PM | Locked

Hey Everyone,   

Chicago - for a great display wall, I used a piece of foam insulation they use in houses.  It works great because I can wrap it in flannel and can stick pins in it as well.  I even put it up on my wall behind my sewing machine.  If you look in my gallery, you'll see it.  If you don't have a big enough wall space, you could always hinge it and be able to fold it in half and have it out when you need it.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:56 PM | Locked

Oops...hit post before I was done...lol 

Today we're waiting for an ice storm to hit us in the morning.  I went to the grocery store at 7 a.m. this morning before the crowds.  The gang in the market were all running around and restocking shelves, etc. because they knew they were going to get huge crowds later.  I got the bread, milk, meat, eggs, etc. so I can be iced in for a few days if needed and not go hungry.  It's lucky we have a gas fireplace and gas stove so even if the power goes out, we can stay warm, cook, and have some hot water for bathing, etc. 

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 50
Page 375 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 373 374 375 376 377 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use