Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 370 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 368 369 370 371 372 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

I am off to Spokane this morning.  Filling in for a social worker on maternity leave.  2 days a week for the next 9 weeks or so.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:55 AM | Locked

chocake2:

...Jenni was lying here next to us, content to chew her bone. I glanced down at her and she'd traded her own toy for  Sprouts teething ring, Dang it. She's eaten all of them now and the poor little guy is getting a new tooth! I should just let him cut it on her tail.. Hrmmph...

LOL, CC - My first thought when I read your post was, "Let him teeth on the cat's tail!" but, then I thought that might get the poor little guy hurt again even thought the cat would have deserved it. Oh well!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:56 AM | Locked

Marge - Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 8:47 AM | Locked

CC,  Just be glad it was your shoulder that Sprout bit on--you know there are more tender places that he could chose that you would like a whole lot less.  LOL    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

My mother and grandtn.-mother never used teething rings.  They used frozen pork chop  or beef bones (with sharp edges cut off).  They would keep them in the freezer and give them to the little ones when they were teething.  The cold helped to numb the gums and they were hard enough that the gnawing on them would help break the teeth through the gum easier.  There was usually some leftover flavor  too so they got a bit of nutrition as well.   And no foreign water or gel or whatever is in a teething ring.  When finished, it got tossed out and there was always another handy in the freezer for next time.

Diana (Bink) in East  Tn.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Oh, Diana, that sounds disgusting to me. Yuck.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,273
Points 28,855
Agnes replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

I work on the one in-one out rule though usually there is more outgoing than incoming. There is a thrift shop just half a block down the street. Took a load  in my larger shopping cart down there on Friday. This time I cam back with more than I usually do. I scored with a nice living room lamp that throws much more light than the lamp it replaced. That lamp is already set aside for the the next out load. My biggest score was Quilter's Newsletter Magazines at 35 cents each. Granted they are from the 1980's but are providing good reading. I will be taking them back when I am done, to be resold again.  

Pretty cold week coming up so I shall hunker down and enjoy winter through the window. I don't need to leave the house until next Mon. At 7 Syn evening we dropped below the point where C ad F are equal when wind chill is factored in. That point is minus 40. We are still there.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:40 AM | Locked

Oh, Agnes - Yes! Enjoy winter from the inside this week.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

Sukochi - My DGM did the same thing although she usually used ham bones. Remember, teething rings probably hadn't been invented yet - LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 10:06 AM | Locked

I'd rather have a baby teeth on a bone from my kitchen than those things that come from China and who knows what kind of materials are in them.   Just my thought.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,707
Points 364,362
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:12 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Well I had a nice birthday on Sat. even though I worked.  :o)

Happy belated birthday Marge.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,707
Points 364,362
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:19 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Edit: Well, the site is not good tonight.  I hit "post" and it took a full 3 minutes for this message to show up.  Thought for sure it would time out.

Not very good today either. Three different error messages in the wee morning hours and since I got on about an hour ago.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:37 PM | Locked
I don't know if this'll help, chocake2, but this has worked for not only my kids when they were teething, but for puppies and kittens also! Especially when I was desperate and nothing else worked, Ice-chips and for my puppy small ice-cubes. Just make sure the ice-chip is small and wet it under tepid water quickly. I'd just gently press it up to my little ones gums. Not only did the coolness feel good but the cool liquid too, what little there is. You could also try refrigerating the nipple to a bottle before putting it on the bottle to feed. The liquid or formula is still the right temp but the nipples' coolness is soothing. Good luck! Sounds like he's a lucky baby to have such a good Mama! What am I up to today? Fixing up my back room and turning it into a sewing room/studio/art room. I'm supposed to finish painting today but the last time I did the first 2-3 walls, I was in so much pain that I spent the rest of the week in bed, absolutely miserable! Guess I'm afraid the same thing'll happen. After all, I'm really not supposed to be doing stuff like this cause of my arthritic back, but we can't afford to pay someone and DH can't cause he's still recovering from the cancer and treatment from 3 years ago! Oh well! I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet so I can get to the fun part, setting everything up and then using it!!! By the way, anyone have any ideas on how to 'jeri-rig' an audition wall? Also, does anyone have an old sewing desk/cabinet they want to sell? I'll even pay for shipping and delivery. Or a place to buy one? My mom used to have a great one, real wood and everything! Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Happy birthday to all January babies out there! Big hugs!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

Ginny:

CC,  Just be glad it was your shoulder that Sprout bit on--you know there are more tender places that he could chose that you would like a whole lot less.  LOL    Ginny

Oh, He's bitten them too, Ginny, just not quite as hard  ...yet.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 5:18 PM | Locked

Diana:
They used frozen pork chop  or beef bones (with sharp edges cut off). 

Think I'll stick with a nice cold carrot, altho he did  enjoy the ham knuckle I gave him the other day. Unfortunately Jenni wanted it, too, and  I wasn't real keen on watching them pass it back and forth. Barring that, an ice cube wrapped up in a clean cloth also works.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 370 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 368 369 370 371 372 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use