Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 369 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 367 368 369 370 371 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,574
Points 36,060
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:04 AM | Locked

I just loaded pic of baby quilt. don't look to close.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,605
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:18 AM | Locked

Is2116, I'll pray for your daughter. 'Sounds like she's in a bad situation.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 5:17 PM | Locked

Well I had a nice birthday on Sat. even though I worked.  :o)  On Fri. Dave took me out to eat at Graffiti's - a Pizza / Italian restaurant that we love.  Sat. was the 2nd day of the winter quilt retreat at the shop.  First thing I had to go into the fabric room at the back of the classroom where the retreat was being held.  When I came out of the fabric room, Mary had all the ladies sing Happy Birthday to me.  At lunch time we all got to go into  the retreat room and get lunch.  Later on in the afternoon the gals that were working sang to me and we had cake.  They gave me a card with MOOLAH in it.  Gee - I wonder where I will spend that?  When I got home, Dave took me to Chick Fil A for supper where we spent the gift card that the library gave him at Christmas.  Both the boys called me to wish me a happy birthday too so it was a great day. 

Today was just a nice lazy day.  Had church this morning.  I filled in as a greeter for one of my Sunday school classmates who had to go out of town.  At least I didn't get the front door where it was a bit nippy!  After we had lunch, I just chilled out and finished the book I was reading before taking the dogs for a nice long walk. 

David Sr. is funny.  He took a load of scrap metal to the scrap yard yesterday.  While he was in line, he got to talking to a fellow who had one of those red pedal cars little boys had back in the 50's.  He talked the guy out of it and brought it home to put in their flower garden.  He already has the head of an old plow and some geese decoys that he rescued from death in trash mountain.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:39 PM | Locked

Marge, Happy Birthday, glad you had such a wonderful, weekend

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:45 PM | Locked

Happy birthday, Marge. sounds like you had a great day.

I have been trying to reorganize my quilt studio, and it is a long process. I am going on week 2. I rearranged my furniture, and moving stuff all around, and going thru magazines to get rid of the ones I no longer need. I think I might have this job done by the end of 2013! I have way too much stuff.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:06 PM | Locked

Happy birthday Marge.  So glad you had a great time.

Sukochi, I'm happy Jim's surgery went so well. I hope the pressure in his eyes is where it's supposed to be.

Mnancy, I hear you about the cold. Nits supposed to drop to about -32F tonight.  And stay cold till Thursday. It warmed up to --20 today.  I actually went for a walk...yes I'm nuts sometimes. But I needed fresh air.

so stay warm, quilt lots and be healthy.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:08 PM | Locked

Happy 21st birthday, Marge. 

Elaine, I just was reading a blog that this woman writes. She said she started deleting things from her life in 2011. It started with 111 things, last year 112 and this year 113. She said it is easier then you think. And, don't we all have things, in cabinets, drawers and closets, that we have not even seen in the last three years. Last year, we did a lot of that. Donated enough to open our own store.  So, see, you can "delete" things from your life and not even know they are gone. I told Jim that I need to get some frames, to re-do, at the thrift store, and he said there is a box in our closet that has frames in it. So, I will shop the closet before I go to the store. I have done that a lot. Shopped in the house for something I would like in the guest room. I have saved money, too.

Oh, while in the Thrift store, Jim spied our old bowl and pitcher, that we donated last month! $10.00. I told him that it is still there and going for that cheap a price, because no one else wants it either. 

I am making paper fabric, for post card swaps, today. Interesting. This will take a bit of experience to get it just right. So far, the first two, are really kinda bland. But, you learn by doing.

Have a good night. Don't forget to thank God for all the beautiful things you saw today, the great things that he brought to you and the hope of tomorrow.  Night nite. : }

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,369
Points 48,695
Ginny replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:30 PM | Locked

Marge, Happy birthday! It sounds like you have had a really nice birthday weekend.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:04 PM | Locked

Marge

Glad you had a happy birthday.  Now don't spend all that moolah in one place...ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,605
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:49 PM | Locked

Happy birthday Marge !     J             lgk    

Hahaha. The Joke's on Mommy. I tried typing with Sprout in my lap and he added his best wishes.

Jenni was lying here next to us, content to chew her bone. I glanced down at her and she'd traded her own toy for  Sprouts teething ring, Dang it. She's eaten all of them now and the poor little guy is getting a new tooth! I should just let him cut it on her tail.. Hrmmph.

I was retreaving bits of plastic from between her molars when DD came into the room : "Are you should you should be doing that, Mom?"  Doing what? "Sticking your hand in the mouth of a dog  who regularely bites small trees, and large branches in two"   Truth is I never gave it a thought. Jen seemed to think the  whole thing was a great game. She was merrily trying to whollup me with her paws and slobbering all over, with her tail going a mile a minute.  I'm in greater danger from the diaper bound biter. He chomped my shoulder this afternoon and left a bruise!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

CC

Oh I remember those years.   Cutting teeth, biting on anything that gets close...especially Mom.  And way too young to understand that biting Mom is a no no..

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 6:33 AM | Locked

MARGE

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  GLAD TO READ YOU HAD A MARVELOUS ONE.

Wishing you an awesome  year full of love and good health, thank you dear friend for being my friend.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:05 AM | Locked

Hey Sukochi if your paper fabric technique is easy to explain, maybe you could show us how to do it with pictures.  This is something I would like to learn.

your idea ov deleting things from your home is great too! I think I will try this.... I think the first pass would be the hardest.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:08 AM | Locked

Oh CC  you bring back some great memories...true they do grow up so fast!  Have fun.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:16 AM | Locked

Happy Birthday Marge.

Sukochi, I wonder what I should throw out first.  Certainly nothing in my sewing room.

CC, I remember my DD teething on my shoulder.   Later she would come to give me a hug, and wipe her face on me instead.  Then putting her hands next to my tummy skin to warm them when she got too cold outside.  Mothers are used for a lot of things.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 369 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 367 368 369 370 371 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use