Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 367 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 365 366 367 368 369 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 12:27 PM | Locked

Yes Everybody, I am very well aware of the dangers from a cat scratch/bite. The doc's out of the office today so unless I take him to emergency care, getting him looked at isn't gonna happen. If you've ever been to our walk in clinic, you'd understand why i didn't rush in. We'd still be waiting to see someone...    I've cleaned and disinfected the bite, and rubbed in a good dose of neosporin. Not much I can do for the eye, but there doesn't appear to be any  actual damage to it - nothing visible.  I think he just got poked -- we all know how bad a finger in the eye hurts. He teared up  and cried so I know it got a good natural cleaning. As for the feline... If I see his hairy hide around here anytime soon, I may well turn him into a cat fur cap.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

CC

I wouldn't have taken Sprout to the Dr either.  Poor baby ....  I know that hurt and scared him at the same time.  I think a cat fur hat would be perfect.   Sprout could wear it to keep his ears warm and have revenge on that nasty cat at the same time....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:10 PM | Locked

Oh Patti - what a horrible experience.  I think that would make me have reservations about going through it for the other eye.  One of the gals at work was talking in prayer circle on Monday about waking up during her bunion surgery!  I hope nothing like that ever happens to me.  Well - I hope I never need to have surgery. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:12 PM | Locked

Have a great trip Barbara.  Hope the weather stays clear for your drive. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:21 PM | Locked

I gave up on the site this morning.  The computer tried to bring up the site for about 15 minutes before I said the heck with it and went back to the sewing room. 

Temperature dropped over 20 degrees since this morning.  Wind is really whipping out there.  I wore my nice3 warm hooded sweatshirt from Canada under my jacket when I walked the dogs.  They didn't lolly gag today.  :o) There is talk of snow up in the GA mountains so maybe Sukochi will get her snow.

I had bought about 10 yards of purple fleece out of our clearance are a while back.  This morning I finally got around to cutting it into Project Linus size pieces.  I got 8 of them and enough cut off the sides to make 8 kitty cage pillows.  Maybe i will get around to stuffing them tonight when we watch TV.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

I just talked to my son who lives over in Dallas GA.  He says it is snowing there but not sticking as the ground is too warm.  Soooo maybe Sukochi is getting some up there in Gilmer County. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 2:09 AM | Locked

Wendy :

I am doing the hallelujah dance  tonight!!!   DS1  has moved back out again.  I will have the temporary sewing room set back up by Sunday. Mark my word.

Congratulations Wendy.

Your fitness group sounds like fun. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 2:09 AM | Locked

Barbara:
hope y'all have a good weekend .. Barbara

Safe travels Barbara and have fun with Thea.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 2:11 AM | Locked

chocake2:
It's taken me this long to get the little guy cleaned up and  calmed down. He finally dropped off to sleep. The redness and swelling is nearly gone from the bite. Can't tell about the eye yet, but he had it open and I couldn't see any damage, so i think it'll be OK.  

Poor baby. I hope he suffers no ill effects from the bites.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:45 AM | Locked

Good Morning All,    Well, we got about 4 inches of snow yesterday.  Now everything looks icy.  Schools are all closed and everyone warned to stay off roads for awhile.  People here in Tn. just don't know how to drive in snow or know enough to stay off icy roads.  They keep trying and just looks like bumper cars out there on the highways.  Today I'm going to try to work on another quilt sandwich.  I'm trying to get that pile of UFO's down to a reasonable amount.  And I'm going to hunt down all my orphan blocks from all the quilts I've made over the years (baby and adult)  and see about making a memory  sampler quilt of my own.   I bet it would be really colorful...lol

Have a great day today and stay warm and dry.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 8:27 AM | Locked

Diana:

Good Morning All,    Well, we got about 4 inches of snow yesterday.  Now everything looks icy.  Schools are all closed and everyone warned to stay off roads for awhile.  People here in Tn. just don't know how to drive in snow or know enough to stay off icy roads.  They keep trying and just looks like bumper cars out there on the highways.  Today I'm going to try to work on another quilt sandwich.  I'm trying to get that pile of UFO's down to a reasonable amount.  And I'm going to hunt down all my orphan blocks from all the quilts I've made over the years (baby and adult)  and see about making a memory  sampler quilt of my own.   I bet it would be really colorful...lol

Have a great day today and stay warm and dry.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Diana - You're right, they do look like Bumper Cars! I always felt I was in more danger of being killed by another driver than a slippery road! So, I hope you have a good view while you work on those UFO's today. Maybe you'll get a good laugh!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 8:56 AM | Locked

Jim came through his Cataract surgery with flying colors. It was a harrowing drive over but a smooth drive back. He is to have his pressures checked today. LAst night the Optom's office called and said the ottom would not be in today, due to the weather. They did not call till after everying thing was closed last evening. FOund him a 1 p.m. apt today, thankfully in Ellijay with another office. Now, trying to get his records sent over is proving to be a nightmare. We are the Lee's. Nothing is easy for us.

No snow. Pretty much a nonevent. To hear the weather reports last night, you would think we were buried in snow. Why they make sch a huge deal out of not much is a puzzle to me. It is alreay moving up in the temps this a.m. with sunny skies and a high about 59. So, yet again, much adu about nothing.

I need to get in the sewing room today, if at all possible. I have three days to get this quilt done and take in on Monday. Still have 8 border strips to add, and the back to piece. NEver a dull moment. also a post card to get mailed. So, yet another busy day.

Oh, there was a Singer Featherweight in our thrift store on Weds. It was in terrible shape. Looked like someone torm up the machine. The cabinet was in very poor shape, as well. Two ladies were thinking about taking the machine out and using the cabinet in the hallway, of one of their homes.  Good luck. Not sure that cabient could be saved. The machine was a total loss. So sad to see. One of the ladies told me these machines were just junk. I said no they are not. I have quilty friends who use these a lot and just love them. I told them about Leslie's Christmas present and they were stunned. One lady said she would have to take back everything she said about old sewing machines.

Hope everyone is warm and cozy today, where ever you.  Hope all ill are feeling better today.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:14 AM | Locked

Sukochi

Glad that Jim came through his surgery OK and hope you manage to get today's appointment sorted.

We have also had weather warnings today but as yet we have had a few flurries and that's it. Wales seems to have had a few inches so guess  they will have ground to a halt by now! I know one of our call centres has closed for the day.

I managed work this morning but only did 5 hours ( should do 6) as my back must have got cold yesterday and was in spasm when I woke up! Warm hot water bottle now settled in the middle of my back to try and get some relief. Would love to do some quilting but will just relax and hope the spasms. Car is booked into garage tomorrow for the brakes just hope i can get it there ~IF we get the predicted snow!.

xx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:33 AM | Locked

The wind came up with the sun thie morning. Sometimes I wonder if it's trying to blow the light out of our lives...

Of course, when the wind howls, the baby howls, so... no sleepin in for Momma. Sprouts perfectly content to cruise around and get into mischief this AM. You'd never know he had a run-in with the feline yesterday. All of the marks have healed that fast! Wouldn't it be great if us old folks could recover as quickly as kids can?

I thought he'd take his first steps last night. he's been standing independently for weeks now, and cruising forever. He walks holding onto hands just fine, but hasn't taken those first independent steps yet.  He was about 2 feet from the sofa and got all excited to see his siblings sitting there, I figured he'd try to walk to them, but then he  got down and crawled. Soon I think...

DD finished her semester tests yesterday so today she has a free day. If she ever rises and shines I may take the day off and have a girls day with my daughter. 'Cant really afford a trip to the city, but JoAnn's is having a sale... LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:12 AM | Locked

running errands today and working on baby quilt when there is time.  Thinking my next quilt is going to be a whole cloth quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 367 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 365 366 367 368 369 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use