Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 366 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 364 365 366 367 368 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:31 PM | Locked

went to the Women in Motion orientation tonight. I am so excited about this program.  we start walking Saturday morning on the indoor track At WSU. When I ran track for them in 81-82, it was a wood floor. Now it is a state of the art poly rubber track. It is awesome.  The women are so supportive of each other.  Our intern adviser is  a poll Dancer. No not in some sleazy night club. It has become quite an athletic platform.  There are 70 of us registered this year. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:59 PM | Locked

That sounds like fun Wendy, you get to exercise and spend time with others, a win win in my book. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:04 PM | Locked

Patti, that is awful. I'm so happy it is over for now.  Feel better!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 5:58 AM | Locked

Ok, off to get to Jim's surgery at 9. Two hour drive. Now, he tells me there is a doc, up here, that does this. Wish he had said so sooner.

Frocasting snow starting around early evening (5 p.m.) (how do they know that, you can't give a "time" to weather) and then black ice in the a.m. tomorrow. Just great! Jim has a post op in the morning. At least, it is here. But. we are on a mountain. Could be a hairy trip down. With me driving, we might not MAKE it down. I am the world's worst driver. With no depth perception, I can't tell where the egde is.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,801
Points 248,304
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:44 AM | Locked

Hi all, well just a brief note as I'm getting ready to hit the road ,Off to spend a few days at Thea's .she is going to help me sandwich up severl of my quilts .so I can get them quilted ,and then we are going to go to OKC and meet up with Kelli and visit a  couple of guilt shops .  Looking foward to getting out for awhile .    hope y'all have a good weekend .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:55 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Hi all, well just a brief note as I'm getting ready to hit the road ,Off to spend a few days at Thea's .she is going to help me sandwich up severl of my quilts .so I can get them quilted ,and then we are going to go to OKC and meet up with Kelli and visit a  couple of guilt shops .  Looking foward to getting out for awhile .    hope y'all have a good weekend .. Barbara

Well, drive safe and y'all have a good time! Hope the weather cooperates. I'm jealous :-(

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 9:25 AM | Locked

Safe travels Barb, I saw on the news the weather may not be too good out your way. I hope all of you have a great time.   

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 10:01 AM | Locked
been an eventful 45 min around here. Got the kids off to meet the bus. They let the cat in on their way out. Jen felt she needed to give him a bath. She just will NOT let him alone. He tolerates it, but only barely. So the two of them were underfoot - with TC trying to get away from Jen by climbing me, an her trying to get to him, by climbing me. Meanwhile I had a handful of baby and really needed to potty. I finally got the dog put out, put the kid down and escaped. As I was returning to the livingroom, I saw TC stroll over and headbump Sprout (they rub foreheads in greeting) and then all of a sudden he turned into a buzz-saw. All I can think is that maybe Sprout got a handful of fur, altho I  didn't see him even reach out. I got there in a blink, but not before the cat had bit him  on his cheek, just by his ear, and clawed him in the eye. Poor little guy's face is all swollen and he couldn't open his eyes for about 20 min. I grabbed the cat to toss his hairy a$$ out and Jen lunged at the door. Cat nearly took my arm off coming straight up and back in. Thankfully he missed the baby on re-entry.  It's taken me this long to get the little guy cleaned up and  calmed down. He finally dropped off to sleep. The redness and swelling is nearly gone from the bite. Can't tell about the eye yet, but he had it open and I couldn't see any damage, so i think it'll be OK.   ...Mom has plenty of adreniline in her system. Caffiene is not nessacery this morning, Thank you.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Patti, I'm sorry you had such a rough go off it. I hope there are no further complications from the surgery.

Wendy, enjoy having your sewing room back!

Barbara, have a wonderful time with Thea and Kelli. You can color me jealous.

For those of you who asked, yes I am felling better, Thank you. Still a little slow, but greatly improved over the last couple of days.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 10:14 AM | Locked

Jeez, CC! Never a dull moment for you! Just wanted to remind you to keep an eye on Sprout. Cat bites are especially nasty and prone to infection. Don't take any chances!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 11:14 AM | Locked

Poor Sprout and poor mom, what a morning. I'm happy everything has calmed down. I don't want to be an alarmist CC, but I used to work at a Vet clinic and people got bit by dogs and cats all the time, the only ones the vet really worried about were the cat bites. Their claws and mouths are germ factories. You may want to at least call your DR just to be on the safe side. Sending (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) to you both!!!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

Wow, posted over an hour ago and it never showed up....then I could not even get the Forum page to load....:(  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

The site often has hiccups I think.

With my baby quilt I might do straight line quilting and leave fmq practise for one solid color quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145
Jennsquilts replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 11:56 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma,

please take a look in your personal messages :-)

Jenn

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

CC

Wow you have definitely had a morning.  I am afraid that would have been a dead cat.  Hope Sprout does ok and the scratches/bites don't get infected.   Cat bites can be really nasty.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 366 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 364 365 366 367 368 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use