Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 365 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 363 364 365 366 367 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:26 PM | Locked

chocake2:

i'm here Spud...just lurking and not posting much. Between feeling run down (from this germ) and being behind on housework (from this germ), I'm falling behind here!!

CC - Don't you know by now that the best medicine for what ails you is a good dose of US???? Sorry - the devil made me do it. Feel Better really soon!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 3:17 PM | Locked

chocake2:

i'm here Spud...just lurking and not posting much. Between feeling run down (from this germ) and being behind on housework (from this germ), I'm falling behind here!!

Glad to hear from you and hope you feel better soon. I've missed my daily CC story LOL Sorry, I cannot do anything to make you feel better.... (((HUGS))) 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 3:58 PM | Locked

We're having a winter storm so it's pretty dead at work right now. I do have my sewing supplies so working on a DJ block and chatting with Pat Ann. I should be working on homework but that's no fun. LOL

Hope you feel better soon Chocake.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:26 PM | Locked

Gee Spud, ya make it sound like it's a vitamin: "Oh I forgot to take my CC today..."

Just for you Spud:

What's happening in my universe...

Well, let see. On Sun, Dh took the boys out fishing. They brought home about a doz nice perch (3 of which Jr caught All by himself! He's so proud!). Dh found a tutorial for filleting them that actually works for him, so, for the first time in the history of man, we had perch steaks instead of perch burger. I beer-battered 'em and deep fried them for the guys. They thought that was grand.

As you know, we got our Idaho Snow. As usual, we're drifted in. And as usual, the county didn't start clearing our half of the roads til yesterday, after everything got well packed. They had a D9 out doing the neighbors, but somehow they missed us. The neighbors' snow  all blew over here, so their road was already clean and clear! I guess clearing our road looked  too much like work.

...Anyway,  Today Dh decided to just bust out our drift with MY baby. His truck is more suited to the task, but NO-o! he has to use the Ranch Limo. ...And he got it stuck (DUH). Thankfully he stopped befor he got REALLY stuck, so it was a simple matter to pull it out with the old truck and then start shoveling. (Couldn't do that to begin with - had to pack it down good first, ya know)...  My back says I got a workout today. I believe it... 

About the time we had a one vehicle shoveled clear, so we could at least get to the street, our neighbor showed up with his BIG tractor and a plow mounted on the front. His 85 yr young Momma told him to keep an eye on us, bless her sweet heart. He had the entire driveway cleared in 2 quick passes. (I am so-o glad I had a loaf of Christmas bread left in the freezer to give him in thanks for his help.) The kids are gonna be thrilled when they get home from school and find that mountain of snow piled under the flag pole!

Meantime I am making bread. 'Thought I'd see if I could duplicate the 'everything' bagels for flavor, so I added shredded onion and poppy seeds to the dough. Should be good with the ham I am cooking for supper.

Somehow that little bit of activity has left me too pooped to pop. Sprout's busy shredding a newspaper and eating the dog's kibble, so I am stealing a moment o just sit and catch my breath.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:38 PM | Locked

chocake2:
 What's happening in my universe...

Whew, I'm tired just reading but I feel so much better now LOL 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:49 PM | Locked

Oh CC, Sprout eating the kibble reminds me when my GGS did that too.  In fact, he could make it to the dogs bowl faster than the dog could and wouldn't share with the pup--at least until Mom found out what he was doing.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:52 PM | Locked

Looks like everyone over here is in fine spirits for the day. 

Patti - hope your surgery went well.  I am in the same boat as a number of others --- not blind enough yet for cataract surgery..

CC - hope you are getting over your bug.

I went for my 6 month with the urologist this morning - at 7:40!  He says my plumbing is doing well and I don't have to come back for a year.  Yippee!!!!  After that was a quick trip to Wally world for groceries and stuff. 

Spent the rest of the morning ironing the charity pillowcases I washed yesterday.  Now I have to call and arrange a pick-up.  I still have a pile to sew but thought I would take a break and work on something else. 

Rain let up finally so we got out for our walk with the dogs.  Now I need a nap!  I was up before 5 yesterday because I couldn't sleep - kept waking up about every half hour from about 3 on so I finally gave up. This morning I had to get up by 6 in order to make it to the doc. in time.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:07 PM | Locked

Marge, great news

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:10 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Patti - hope your surgery went well. 

Maybe I could say, all's well that ends well.  It worked, but it was not the normal experience.  Apparently the eye numbing eye drops were only partially effective.   I told myself, this must be normal, then maybe not, then I hope he gets done soon, only a couple more minutes. . . .only a couple more min. .. . .he's putting in the lens now, just a couple more minutes, . . .couple more minutes.   I should have spoken up, because they might have been able to do something.  But that was not the worst.  I apparently had a bad reaction to the drops used to constrict the pupil back to normal size.  I got the most horrible headache I have ever had.  I was asked by the nurse what it was on a scale of 1-10.  I said an 8 1/2.  "oh that's bad, maybe some coffee will help the throbbing."   It's not throbbing, it's constant!  "I'll give you some crackers to eat, then you can have some tylenol.". .   "how's your pain now?"  3 injections for pain later, it was no better.  Finally after 2 hours it started to resolve itself.   The only thing the pain medication did was make me nauseated.  So I vomited before we left. 

So at the follow-up appointment today, the doctor mentioned "a little headache"  and I told him it was not a little headache and then told him on a scale of 1-10, it was an 8 1/2 with 10 being screaming in pain.    He was speechless for a while.  Then I asked him if it was normal to feel pain during the surgery, and described some of what I felt.  By his reaction, I knew it was not.    He said that is what the anesthesiologist is for.  

We did have a good discussion about what went wrong and how to avoid it in the future when I get my other eye done.  But thankfully that won't be for a while.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:36 PM | Locked

Oh Patti, im so sorry you had such a bad time with this.  I would have been sreaming bloody murder if i had been feeling what they were doing

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 7:00 PM | Locked

Oh Patti, I am so sorry you had that kind of experience.  But at least the Dr. listened to you today and you will be sure that experience does not happen again with the other eye.  

I trust you are pain free and feeling better now?

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 8:04 PM | Locked

wow cc I am tired just reading all the things you did.  Hi, I'm new to QA sorta at least to all these chats.  I am enjoying it a lot.  Hope your bread turned out well.  I have tried but decided I'm just not a bread maker.  My aunt says I beat the dough to death. ha

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:10 PM | Locked

Patti:
Maybe I could say, all's well that ends well.  It worked, but it was not the normal experience.

Oh my Patti. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience. Hopefully you're better now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

Patti

That sounds horrible.  I definitely hope that the next time will be much better.  Hopefully the recovery period will be uneventful.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:24 PM | Locked

I am doing the hallelujah dance  tonight!!!   DS1  has moved back out again.  I will have the temporary sewing room set back up by Sunday. Mark my word.

Page 365 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 363 364 365 366 367 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use