Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 362 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 360 361 362 363 364 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

Carolyn :

Lol.  That's hilarious.  I've never listened to a police scanner.  Is it pretty entertaining?

Please do let us know how that issue works out.

Carolyn, it is amazing the things you hear. I mostly listen to our GCSO. I heard the call when our neighbor, down the road a [iece,went after her husband with a knife, got hem in the hand. I heard multiple calls from our neighbors across the road from us, call the ambulance for his Mom. She is in bad health. I have heard calls, I have made, when there was a problem next door. I, also, listen to major cities. Chicago, L.A.,Phoenix, AZ.,  Memphis, TN. Listen when I see some big story on the news. Listened to the ferry accident last week. Listened to Chicago when they had the big show and road were blocked everywhere. Here police chases, bad fires, shooting, etc. I go to radioreference.com. Free scanners, online, even in foreign countries.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 11:37 AM | Locked

I listen to my scanner too, it is very entertaining at times, love the pickle bandit.....

Janis

TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:22 PM | Locked

I'd tend to suspect demnsia for the pickle bandit, too. A couple years ago there was a lady here (now passed) who called dispatch almost every night with wild halucinations: There was a bull Mastiff in her closet.  There were killer bees in her toilet. The man who lived down the hall was stalking her with an ax. Someone broke in and stole her dentures.    They had to have been  terrifying experiences for her!  She lived in the senior apartments and her children couldn't make her move to the nursing home (they are all out of state and only checked on her by phone, so they really had no idea how bad she was). She drove herself all over the place, and got lost almost daily.  Everyone in town knew to watch for Francis and guide her home.  I hate to think what would have become of her in a more anonymous environment where the neighbors didn't keep an eye on things!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:56 PM | Locked

All the Deputy responded with was tha he was back in service.  So, guess we will never know about the pickle bandit.unless.....there is a bite out of another pickle, somewhere in Gilmer, another time. Which would not surprise me at all.  8!}

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:09 PM | Locked

Wow - killer bees in the toilet?!  Clearly I've been missing out. 

Thanks for the link, Sukochi.  I'll check it out when I get some free time.

Stay clear of the pickle bandit!

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:07 PM | Locked

it was a crank call, sukochi, someone needs to clue in your police dept.   the pickle bandit is a video game or some kind of website. it's been going around for a while

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:25 PM | Locked

Gini, I know that. But, when they get a call, they have to go.  Remember where I live, these are Barney Fife's up here. We are in the North Georiga mountains, in a hick town, full of Bubbas, rusted pick ups and beer.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:08 PM | Locked

Pickle bandit.  Must be the same one who stole my mother's box of tapioca.  She had looked so hard for it and was convinced someone must have come in her apartment and stole it.  Nothing else was missing.  About a week later she did find it.  Directly behind the divider of the shelf, so she couldn't see it. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:40 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Kris:
Our furnace died tonight. We called the maintenance folks but they haven't returned our call yet.

Kris, I hope you are able to stay warm and they are able to get you up and running soon.

Thanks Spud. They showed up this morning and it's running again.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

Kris:
Thanks Spud. They showed up this morning and it's running again.

Glad your heat is back on now Kris.  No fun to be without heat in these temps!

QCA is really cccrrraaawwwllliiinnnggg for me tonight...very s...l...o...w...!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:57 PM | Locked

have cataract surgery tomorrow.  Not working again until Friday.  Next week I will start going to Spokane 2 days a week to help fill in for a social worker on maternity leave.  I am hoping to finish the baby quilt to take to her next week. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 155
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496
Snowbird Quilter replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 11:07 PM | Locked

Patti:
have cataract surgery tomorrow.

The world will be brighter for sure!  I'll be thinking of you.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 11:30 PM | Locked

Patti

Hope everything goes well with your surgery.  I will have you in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 12:05 AM | Locked

Patti:
have cataract surgery tomorrow

One eye or both?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:07 AM | Locked

Patti ,will be think of you during your surgery . I know you will be gald to have it over with .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 362 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 360 361 362 363 364 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use